PDA

View Full Version : Rome II Total War confirmed

rajpoot
07-02-2012, 15:22
I've been out of the TW loop since after the release of Empire Total War. Now finally I'm excited again.

Link (http://kotaku.com/5922822/praise-be-to-mars-total-war-rome-ii--marches-onto-pcs-next-year/gallery/1)

This is important because like many others I entered the series with RTW. Although later on I did play the earlier games, but medieval Japan never interested me that much and MTW was fun, but then there was also an M2TW.....Now back to Rome after all this time in style. :bounce:

Edit:

Link to another article that lists some confirmed features. (http://www.videogamer.com/pc/rome_ii_total_war/news/rome_ii_total_war_everything_we_know_detailed.html)

The game can now combine naval and land battles into the same conflict, including naval invasions: in this demo a Roman ship lands on the coast of Carthage.
Finally. I remember asking Jack Lusted about this back before ETW was released and naval combat was first announced.

Arjos
07-02-2012, 15:58
Must say those pictures are very nice, but again everything sounds so romanocentric...
Fingers crossed for modability...

But the city with its citadel looks awesome ^^

Hooahguy
07-02-2012, 16:18
Europa Barbarorum III will be amazing on this engine.

That is, if its moddable and if they finish EBII in time.

Lemur
07-02-2012, 16:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tycIeIDUbw

Lemur
07-02-2012, 16:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBq_04CF0qc

Memnon
07-02-2012, 17:29
Just as long as there are no dynasty-era Egyptians or simplified northern "barbarians", I'll be happy. Also, as long as my old pc doesn't blow up...

rajpoot
07-02-2012, 17:38
Also, as long as my old pc doesn't blow up...

This is actually my main worry related to this game ATM. Chances are all those beautifully modeled legionaries will make my poor rig blow up.

johnhughthom
07-02-2012, 17:46
Battles start with the armies already marching toward each other? Meh.

Lemur
07-02-2012, 20:45
those beautifully modeled legionaries will make my poor rig blow up.
Hmm, well, according to one Sega release, they're going to spend a lot of effort/time on making the engine scale nicely. Or "graceful degradation," if you're into devspeak.

Completely scalable experience, with performance optimised for your PC or laptop. Witness the awesome scale of Total War: Rome II, no matter what your spec.

Barkhorn1x
07-02-2012, 21:11
It's about time they revisited this era.

Now the nerves start as there is about 4 dozen ways CA can screw this up.

Ah well - wait and see.

Lemur
07-02-2012, 21:16
Now the nerves start as there is about 4 dozen ways CA can screw this up.
Well, they really nailed Shogun 2, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of optimism.

(So long as they don't do Egypt with Pharonic troops again. That was an ahistorical step too far. But I hear the CA guys are big fans of EB, so here's hoping ...)

Graphic
07-02-2012, 21:19
Excited but not...

It looks amazing but judging by the screen shots, there's a 90% chance my PC isn't going to be able to handle it. I hope all those shaders can be disabled.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/images/12/jun/twr22b.jpg

Lemur
07-02-2012, 21:30
I hope all those shaders can be disabled.
Sega's release claims they're working hard on it: "Completely scalable experience, with performance optimised for your PC or laptop. Witness the awesome scale of Total War: Rome II, no matter what your spec."

cunctator
07-02-2012, 21:31
I hoped their next game would be set in classical Greece or the late bronze age, but I am extremely pleased that it is Rome II. Actually I am the first time excited about a newly announced game since many many years ago. Everything looks and sounds very promising. Unique, recognizable ancient cities, larger armies, more decisive battles, a larger campaign map spreading further to the east, new game engine etc.. I hope this engine will be more moddable again. CAs modding summit later this month seems to indicate that they are still interested in people modding their games.

Arjos
07-02-2012, 22:05
BTW don't know if everyone noticed in that picture Graphic posted, there are soldiers (possibly archers) in the tower and roof...
I hope all of this will be in the game and aren't just eye candies :D

Graphic
07-02-2012, 22:10
Sega's release claims they're working hard on it: "Completely scalable experience, with performance optimised for your PC or laptop. Witness the awesome scale of Total War: Rome II, no matter what your spec."

Nice, hopefully it's not just lip service.

andrewt
07-05-2012, 20:14

I dunno. Reading TW and Civ series fansites, the specs of some strategy gamers might be stretching those goals way too far. No offense, but some people have rigs better suited to being featured inside a Total War game rather than playing it.

Barkhorn1x
07-05-2012, 21:09
...but some people have rigs better suited to being featured inside a Total War game rather than playing it.

Good one Drewt

:)