PDA

View Full Version : Total War : Rome II competition at the official fora - Win free Steam Codes for RoTS

Andres
07-06-2012, 22:21
Are you excited about Rome II?, do you have an idea that you would incorporate into the game if you were the designer? Well for this competition, our friends over at the official total war fora want to know your single biggest and best idea for Total War: Rome II.

They are giving away Steam codes for Shogun 2's Rise of the Samurai campaign to three lucky winners but to win one of them you are going to have to come up with something really special, something that blows me away and maybe even makes the Creative Assembly's designers themselves sit up and take notice.

You can only post your single best idea so make sure it's something really good and after the competition is closed they'll ask CA's design team to have a read through and if they like one idea in particular then that person will receive a special prize.

You can post your entries in this thread or the one in the General TW discussion forum http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/39920-Your-biggest-and-best-TW-RII-idea-ever-(competition)

Let the mind-blowing ideas flow!!!

Competition closes end of August so take your time.

Moros
07-06-2012, 22:31
Woha great idea!

Vuk
07-06-2012, 22:44
I submitted my idea. :)

quadalpha
07-07-2012, 00:49
Most of those suggestions are terrible. And they're giving away ROTS, a $10 addon that requires S2? I mean, the least they could do is a copy of the new game.

While the game is loading (eg ur last campaign), you play a gladiator in the colosseum in an fps mode.

I think that the greatest addition to Rome II as well as total war in general would be the addition of a first person element. This could be made possible with a sort of xp system. Say for every battle you win, you earn xp points, and those xp points could be used to control your general for a certain period of time. Also, the combat system could be similar to the mount and blade series.

Priests being able to execute an enemy for blasphemy-atheism (as this was an often reason to execute someone in ancient times).

It would be nice if there was a way to give a specific unit, or group of units, a command to follow an exact route.

My only idea about the game is "nations", please know that the more nations you put in game, the more immersive it will become, and of course the more LIFE TIME the game will have.

Absolutely no gunpowder:

more technology so you have to invent things and make up new things maybe but NO gunpowder maybe larger armies and more factions

I have heard that there will be facial expressions on the units during the battle and that events will affect their expression. So i was thinking that when units are first recruited they will look scared and nervous in their first battle and as they engage in more battles and gain experience they will look more confident and menacing.

Gens Habsburgi:

I think their should be a way to actually ask to merge together. For example, the Austrian-Hungarian Nation.

9、the carthage elephant will biger than The Seleucid,because they are africa elephant,and the carthage could continue White color.

I'd like to see the use of decoy general/admiral units

M****illes is the oldest city in France, built my Greek settlers. When Rome conquered the coastline of France, they took control of M****illes which was often attacks by Gaulish from the North.

Vuk
07-07-2012, 00:56
lol, yeah. Most of the suggestions I read are just cheap little unrealistic gimmicks or total stupidity. I am one of the few who actually suggested something realistic historically and in terms of gameplay.

alQamar
07-13-2012, 10:45
hi guys there is a comparative thread now for your ideas regarding multiplayer only. please feel free to post there (in this forums or totalwar.com)

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?141994-Another-Rome-2-competition-thread-for-Multiplayer-only-best-idea-will-be-awarded

quadalpha
07-13-2012, 21:17
So, about a week after signing up, the confirmation email finally arrived today. I posted my simultaneous turns idea and found that the word 'analogous' was censored to '****ogous'. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Shigawire
07-14-2012, 07:19
I don't give a rat's ass about ROTS reward, since I already have it.
I just hope CA will appreciate my holistic idea for supply-lines, attrition.
Perhaps it's too much to ask. They may think it's too complicated for "the people."
But I don't want to accept lowering my expectations of people.
I think people would be able to handle it just fine.

quadalpha
07-14-2012, 08:09
I don't give a rat's ass about ROTS reward, since I already have it.
I just hope CA will appreciate my holistic idea for supply-lines, attrition.
Perhaps it's too much to ask. They may think it's too complicated for "the people."
But I don't want to accept lowering my expectations of people.
I think people would be able to handle it just fine.

What is your idea?

They could make it a toggleable option.

Shigawire
07-14-2012, 08:38
http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/39919-Your-biggest-and-best-TW-RII-idea-ever-(competition)/page22

quadalpha
07-14-2012, 17:21
http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/39919-Your-biggest-and-best-TW-RII-idea-ever-(competition)/page22

Would you have to construct depots? I assume there must be some physical element to the commeatus to be raided. Also, the forage idea would go nicely with the existing 'devastation' modifying in region growth/happiness.

Shigawire
07-14-2012, 21:31
Would you have to construct depots?

Maybe like you build forts in Rome 1?
1.Select army
2.Button "build commeatus"
3.Build commeatus
4.Select and link to harbor
done

I assume there must be some physical element to the commeatus to be raided.

Yeah. Like a trade route that you raid, as in previous games. Just place your army (or agent) on the supply line.
Or if you have a certain civilian bonuses, perhaps your citizens do it on their own - abstracted as a loss in the supply line.

Also, the forage idea would go nicely with the existing 'devastation' modifying in region growth/happiness.

Exactly! Remember in Rome 1 when you were standing still on an enemy tile for over a turn? The tile started to look grey/burned. The city got a happiness minus.
I think this would continue to work perfectly with a forage system

Arjos
07-15-2012, 00:56
That's pretty much everything I'd love to see with supply lines ^^

Fingers crossed for it!