PDA

View Full Version : Updating Shogun

Nerdymidgetkid
07-14-2012, 02:40
I just got Shogun II and am really exited about it, but unfortunately both the Shogun and Shogun ted (whatever that is) are trying to download 25000 mb of stuff EACH. I only GET 25 gig per month of broadband. Is there any way for me to play them without dlding these updates?

feelotraveller
07-14-2012, 10:01
The good news is that there is only one download of a bit over 25gb. For some reason it shows as two separate downloads on steam but it's false - there is only one download happening even though there are two meters.

The bad news is that there is no way to play Shogun 2 without downloading the game. :dizzy2:

Xehh II
07-15-2012, 02:34
Yeah, I had this problem, but I only had 5GB of net a month at the time. Took me nearly 4 months to update shogun after FOTS was released. I don't know of anyway to bypass it, I just had to wait it out.

Nerdymidgetkid
07-20-2012, 01:31
Does anyone remember when you put the DVD in and played?

Xehh II
07-20-2012, 03:46

Ah the good old days, I fear they're probably gone forever now.

Peasant Phill
07-20-2012, 11:27

I remember when you put in several floppies to play and you had to change them mid play.

Tora
11-29-2012, 17:26
I ordered the dvd of FotS this morning due to boredom and a slight curiosity. I came on here to see how the land lay etc and glad I did.
25gb is half my monthly download limit. Steam already cost me about £14.00 earlier this year when it downloaded, before I stopped it, 9gb of updates for Shogun2 that were mainly for FotS anyway - a game I had no intention of even buying at the time, and consequently have no intention of buying now after reading this. Cancelled.
Thanks everyone, you've saved me a few quid and half my December download allowance.