PDA

View Full Version : Expansion ideas.

EB rocks
08-01-2012, 19:03
Hopefully these will be part of the vannila game but sadly probably wont. I personally would dig a ceaser in gaul, the first punic war, the second punic war, the parthian conquest of the Seleucid empire, the carthaginian conquest of Iberia, the Roman conquest of iberia, the illyrian wars, the macedonian wars, the syrian wars, the gaza campaign, the samnite wars, and lastly the mithridatic wars.. Post your ideas here.

i

quadalpha
08-01-2012, 22:00
They seem to like exploring adjacent time periods, so I wouldn't be surprised to see one set in the high/late empire, with campaigns in Germany and the east.

Arjos
08-01-2012, 22:08
As unimaginative as they are, it will be: Alexander DLC and Barbarian Invasion DLC ^^

ROFL no, I really hope not :P
I would love to be surprised with Historical Campaigns: set in smaller maps and possibly with cutscenes (those new pre-battle ones too), during decisive moments in roman history, like Hannibal and Caesar.

Noncommunist
08-06-2012, 03:27
What about an expansion taking place post West Roman Empire? Perhaps either around Justinian's time or around the time of Heraclius's war with the Sassanids and the rise of Islam.

rickinator9
08-06-2012, 04:52
What about the diadochi wars!

quadalpha
08-06-2012, 07:14
What about an expansion taking place post West Roman Empire? Perhaps either around Justinian's time or around the time of Heraclius's war with the Sassanids and the rise of Islam.

They should make Count Belisarius.

Prussian to the Iron
08-06-2012, 18:48
They've already done Barbarian Invasion, which was the fall of the roman empire. I would like to see something centered more in the middle-east to India area, with North Africa up to Georgia, perhaps pre-Alexander or during the Roman conquest of Parthia.

Looking at Medieval 2, Kingdoms was 4 campaigns, all set in different times and areas throughout Europe, the Middle East and the America's. This would be ideal, as it would give us more variety than FotS or RotS, and it allows them to make smaller and more concentrated campaigns that focus on specific events and areas.

Noncommunist
08-11-2012, 02:28
They've already done Barbarian Invasion, which was the fall of the roman empire. I would like to see something centered more in the middle-east to India area, with North Africa up to Georgia, perhaps pre-Alexander or during the Roman conquest of Parthia.

Looking at Medieval 2, Kingdoms was 4 campaigns, all set in different times and areas throughout Europe, the Middle East and the America's. This would be ideal, as it would give us more variety than FotS or RotS, and it allows them to make smaller and more concentrated campaigns that focus on specific events and areas.

Justininian's conquests were about a century after the fall of the West Roman Empire. So you'd start out with various barbarian kingdoms occupying the former WRE. So it would be a somewhat different game than Barbarian Invasion. And the rise of Islam would be even further removed from Barbarian Invasion.

Arjos
08-11-2012, 07:14
I would love a rise of Islam game, but there'll always be the problem of any depiction of the Prophet...
Playing with a censored black rectangle is going to be silly :P

Noncommunist
08-14-2012, 18:54
I would love a rise of Islam game, but there'll always be the problem of any depiction of the Prophet...
Playing with a censored black rectangle is going to be silly :P

I guess you could either start right after his death, or perhaps make him a character that can't be used, or only show his backside if that's acceptable.

Vuk
08-14-2012, 21:43
Isn't discussing expansion packs kind of silly, as we don't even know for sure what will and will not be included. How do you know if what you suggest won't already be in the game?

total relism
09-28-2012, 18:20
Medevil 3.