PDA

View Full Version : DLC Speculation

Goontrooper
02-08-2013, 20:07
As of this writing, we have 5 factions revealed. We also have a rough idea of what will be in the base game for eras / timelines and gameplay.

What do you guys anticipate for DLC for Rome 2? I imagine that we will see as much or even more DLC compared to Shogun 2. I'm ok with it - DLC is a reality now, and as long as it is high quality, and not overpriced, why not?

For Shogun 2, we had multiple Clan DLC / Expansions, plus Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai. For Rome 1, we had Barbarian Invasion and
Alexander.

Here is what I anticipate for Rome 2:

1. Faction expansion. Whichever major / interesting factions don't make the initial cut, up to between 10 and 12 playable factions for the main campaign. For Rome, we had Rome, The Greek Cities, Egypt, the Seleucid Empire, Carthage, Gaul, Germania, Britannia, and Parthia, plus non-playable Macedon, Pontus, Armenia, Numidia, Scythia, Dacia, Thrace, and Spain. My guess is that we will have:
1. Rome
2. Carthage
3. Macedon
4. Iceni
5. Arverni
----------
6. Parthia
7. Ptolemaic Kingdom of Egypt
8. Seleucid Empire
----------
9. Cheruscans / Germans
10. Pontus
11. Armenia (maybe not likely, but it was incredibly important, especially to the geo-political relations between Rome and Parthia)
12. Numidia (Again, maybe not likely, but it was incredibly important during the period)

2. Campaign / Era Expansion
1. Empire / Fall / Barbarian Scenario: It sounds like the base game will only go to the early Empire. I loved Rise and Fall for Shogun 2, but I'm going to be really sad if we get a seperate game for the later years, instead of a direct expansion. I want to be able to have a continuous game, not play to 0 or 100 C.E. and then have to start a brand new scenario for 100+ C.E. or 400 C.E. or whatever.

Cvetko
02-08-2013, 20:44
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC46djznwxpwFlWYOm65Qrmw?feature=watch

A video about DLC & Faction speculation for Rome 2, personally

11. Armenia (maybe not likely, but it was incredibly important, especially to the geo-political relations between Rome and Parthia)

very important, challenged both Rome & Parthia ;)

:cool: