PDA

View Full Version : DLC Faction Expectations

The Outsider
02-23-2013, 15:52
Ok guys so some people might claim that its too early to talk about DLC's however i do not agree. Already six factions are annouced and only two slot are left and we know that those to will be either egypt (ptolemei), parthia or selecuids so not much room for argument there. In one of his posts jack lusted already said that the egypt faction will be improved and made more realistic (if anyone can post a link to the original post i will be gratefull) so it is the most likely faction that will be in the inital release. As much as i dislike the idea of dlc, there isnt any other options for expansion and unfortunately my hopes for mods are not high since the modding support of CA has been shrinking in the recent games and we already know that the meeting that was held by CA in london last year did not go very well for modders. We will see. But in the meantime, i want to see your ideas for DLC factions. What do you want to see most? or first? whch faction or factions would you be willing to purchase? I personally love dacians and will be very happy to see them available. So lets hear what you guys want. (p.s. Im not an agent sent by CA to see your expectations. I'm but a humble player like your selves or am I ? :crazy: )

Arjos
02-23-2013, 16:10
Seeing as the revealed factions fit with the roman expansion, as usual, I'd say the Ptolemaioi are a given. While the other slot must be something in Asia Minor or the Caucasus, I'd say Pontos or Hayasdan are the most likely, due to the amount of sources and Mithridates/Tigranes lore. Plus the apparent disdain for the Seleukidai by CA XD

I'd prefer Pahlava, but with the other factions, having such a lonely spot in the east would be terrible...
Honestly I'm wondering how far east the map will really go...

As for DLCs, I can see cultures packs: hellenistic DLC, arabic DLC, nomadic DLC etc...

edyzmedieval
02-24-2013, 21:45
Here's me hoping for the Dacians.

The Outsider
02-25-2013, 01:54
Here's me hoping for the Dacians.

Totally agree with you there mate it would be great to have them as a playable faction. We will see i guess at the end of the day its all about demand and if there is enough demand andcash flow than i think we will see quite a few factions as dlc's. My only hope is that they make each faction unique not just a clone than they might be worth purchasing.

andrewt
02-25-2013, 02:02
Obviously, I would love to see the left out faction the most. Though it might become some sort of pre-order bonus that will only be DLC to those who missed out. By left out faction, I mean one of the three major ones left that won't make the cut.

The Outsider
02-25-2013, 16:25
Obviously, I would love to see the left out faction the most. Though it might become some sort of pre-order bonus that will only be DLC to those who missed out. By left out faction, I mean one of the three major ones left that won't make the cut.

Yep i agree mate. Thats what i think as well. All three factions (egypt, selecuids and parthia) are of vital imprtonce and which ever one is left out, im sure that we will see it as a dlc. However, i couldnt include any of them in the pole nsince.we dont know.which one will be left out.

Oene
02-26-2013, 00:44
I hope Parthia will not be DLC faction. because, I want them in first 8.

Monk
02-26-2013, 02:17
No one expects the Scythian DLC!

Out of the way with no other "majors" even close, and a unique unit roster, it would offer a radically different gameplay experience from anything we've seen revealed thus far. Those aspects could both be big selling points for CA.

If I had to bet on future DLC that's where my money would be.

Myth
02-26-2013, 09:36
Thrace all the way!

The Outsider
02-26-2013, 11:47
No one expects the Scythian DLC!

Out of the way with no other "majors" even close, and a unique unit roster, it would offer a radically different gameplay experience from anything we've seen revealed thus far. Those aspects could both be big selling points for CA.

If I had to bet on future DLC that's where my money would be.

Ehm. Yes you are right mate scythia would make for a very interesting faction to play. But it completely slipt of my mind. As they are a major cavalary faction of the era more than anyone else, they would be very interesting..

edyzmedieval
02-26-2013, 19:15
Probably some very Eastern factions would make it as DLC, like Baktria coupled with the Parthians.

Oene
02-26-2013, 20:33
there are some Parthian Cataphract armours which CA posted and I think Parthia will be in first 8.

The Outsider
04-28-2013, 19:03
So my good.people, it would seem that ca has heard your plea! The top rated dlc faction in our poll, pontus has been announced as a free dlc! Lets.keep increasing the votes so that you can see your favourite faction in the game!!

Hamata
04-28-2013, 22:22
voted for eperios

The Outsider
05-09-2013, 00:33
Well guys, afterall it seems that the dlc factions will be released in culture packages. The first is greek with athens, sparta and epiros which is one of my favourite from eb. Still i m curios to see your votes. So go ahead ;-) oh and here is the link for the dlc video

http://www.shacknews.com/game/total-war-rome-ii/videos/15284/total-war-rome-ii-greek-states-culture-pack-trailer

The Outsider
05-14-2013, 09:26
So from the recent updates, it seems that the dlc faction will be released in culture packs of three instead of single releases. Cosidering the fact that the first one is hellenistic culture, what do you think about the rest? I think that we are likely to see a barbarian culture with a spanish facion, dacia and scythia factions. Also i think that there will be aneastern culture pack with selecuids, baktria and perhaps armenia and may be saba? What are your thought about it? Which culture packs you would like to see?

rickinator9
05-20-2013, 04:18
Seleucids, Bactria and Kimmeros Bosphoros.

The Outsider
06-08-2013, 09:10
Well after seeing the campaign map im beggining to think that we will have an even larger number of dlc factions than the ones we have voted for what do you think?

Brennus
06-10-2013, 21:23
Bellovaci! Bellovaci! Bellovaci!

Empire*Of*Media
06-11-2013, 17:46
Surly PARTHIA (Pahlavan) Needs a good & more DLC !!

foomani
06-11-2013, 18:27
I vote to Parthia(Pahlavan) because that faction was great

glory and power of Parthia is Better than Rome....

Best DLC is for Parthians.

glory & power in great parthia

Lemur
06-11-2013, 18:38
Surly PARTHIA (Pahlavan) Needs a good & more DLC !!
Aren't they part of the pre-order package already (http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War:_Rome_II_-_Parthia_Faction)?

I am confuse.

Empire*Of*Media
06-11-2013, 19:31
me too ! so why it has been puted in here !

The Outsider
06-11-2013, 19:40
The answer is very simple really, I have created this poll before they announced the last two factions. This means that at the time, no body knew that parthia was going to be playable. Thats why its in the poll. So next time please check all the announced factions before voting.

Lemur
06-11-2013, 19:40
Oh, this poll dates back to February, long before the faction announcements. We had no idea what would be where. That's why some of the factions listed are already in pre-order DLC.

dge1
06-12-2013, 02:57
Of the choices given, I would like to have the Sarmations I think. Any people with Amazons (per Herodotus :laugh4: ) as part of their ancestry have to be pretty cool!

Empire*Of*Media
06-12-2013, 15:39
oh ! sorry ! i didnt notice the time !! lol ! :dizzy2: