PDA

View Full Version : Modding Forum

Southern Hunter
05-10-2013, 02:26
Can we get a modding forum for RomeII as a place to start planning for the various mods that will be required. I expect that a RII:TR and so on must be on the cards?

I look forward to the game, but I generally find TW games a lot more interesting once they have been modded.

Myth
05-10-2013, 08:04
With two DLCs already announced before the game has even been fully revealed I'd dare say they will do everything in their power to restrict and butcher modding for R2TW. Who would pay for some extra faction when modders can make something on the scale of Europa Barbarorum? No one. So don't expect to be able to mod anything. I'm praying for no "always online DRM" bull, that's about it.

Rhyfelwyr
05-10-2013, 14:27
Besides the issues with DLC mentioned above, I think games are gonna get really hard to mod purely because of the skill level required. With graphics like R2TW has, its gonna be a lot harder getting modded units to look up to the standard of vanilla ones.

Mongoose
05-11-2013, 19:17
It's a little early to speculate. Over time, the series has been getting less mod-friendly, sure, but the rise of DLC doesn't have to mean the end of modding. Look at the Elder Scrolls games - those are laden with DLC but still have active modding scenes.

NagatsukaShumi
05-11-2013, 23:46
As an "old school" modder I think it is a case of wait and see with RTWII, the series has got progressively less modder friendly since MTWII, that was the last game you could have a fairly free reign with your projects on, which is a crying shame.

Perhaps RTWII will be better, perhaps not.

magpie
05-27-2013, 16:04
Hi all, I would think modding ROME II will be similar to Shogun 2 in a lot of its features.
That mod tool package CA released is slowly getting worked over by a few modder,s I know.
Campaign and Battle maps are being targeted.
According to one of the guys there are some bugs that need fixing in the battle map editor tool .
He is trying to get a response from the CA chaps on that issue.
Still its all up in the air until we get our hands on the game.

regards,

magpie

lars573
05-28-2013, 18:15
It's a little early to speculate. Over time, the series has been getting less mod-friendly, sure, but the rise of DLC doesn't have to mean the end of modding. Look at the Elder Scrolls games - those are laden with DLC but still have active modding scenes.
And Bethesda is able to do that for one simple reason. All of their new paid content is downloaded. Where as what's been shown for Rome II is already with the game when you buy it.