PDA

View Full Version : Diplomacy must improve !

Empire*Of*Media
06-06-2013, 17:27
hi all!

i thought now Rome 2 with all those good stuffs including coordinated sea & land attacks, must have a thing that was always not in total war series, like Diplomacy!!
in Total War for Example, you cant have REAL SUPPORTER ALLY!! when you ally with anyone, but even when you have Common and in border Enemies they will not help you or at least attack them! there is not even coordinated attack Feature !! for example you are Parthia and allied with Pontos and Rome is at your gates, you can not tell Pontos to attack Rome with each other!!
or even when you tell anyone and give them money to attack anyone, they accept but they never do that !! (Except for Napoleon And Empire, even that they will not be with you, just simple enemy!).

i really want to suggest this feature to Total War Rome 2. because its very important!

i have many great ideas!! but i dont know, do at all they see org or any other ideas of people to improve more of their games !!???

i dont think so!! my wishes & suggestions like this one, i can just wish!!

so what do you say ?!

Empire*Of*Media
06-08-2013, 09:00
hey why not anyone says anything ?! whats wrong ?!

Rhyfelwyr
06-09-2013, 00:23
Improved diplomacy would be very nice. Alliances were useless in RTW. Things did improve in M2TW - while regular alliances were still useless, at least with a Royal Marriage alliance you knew you wouldn't get stabbed in the back.

I haven't played the more modern titles so I've no idea what its like in them.

But yeah, a coordinated attack feature would be cool.

What I would really like is a completely revamped diplomacy feature - something like Europa Universalis, where you can build real ties and even diplo-annex. I would love a game with Total War battles and Paradox-style diplomacy, but I know that's just a pipe dream.

Empire*Of*Media
06-09-2013, 08:44
Improved diplomacy would be very nice. Alliances were useless in RTW. Things did improve in M2TW - while regular alliances were still useless, at least with a Royal Marriage alliance you knew you wouldn't get stabbed in the back.

I haven't played the more modern titles so I've no idea what its like in them.

But yeah, a coordinated attack feature would be cool.

What I would really like is a completely revamped diplomacy feature - something like Europa Universalis, where you can build real ties and even diplo-annex. I would love a game with Total War battles and Paradox-style diplomacy, but I know that's just a pipe dream.

yea! you pointed a good thing. Diplomacy in Europa Universalis is totaly amazing and confusing for me but i know its very good. and if Total War and Universalis be mixed......it would be greattttttttttttttttttttttt !!! but as you said, Only a DREAM !!!!

if i go to the next world, i demand angels a Realistic Humanic Game that i play it forever!!!!!

but really here is total War's?!!?! so why they dont listen to our ideas ?!?! but why they alwayse do Rome and Greece Better ?!

ReluctantSamurai
06-09-2013, 10:52
but why they alwayse do Rome and Greece Better

Notsure what you mean by this:shrug:

RTW has many factions with excellent rosters, some with better, more balanced rosters than either the Greeks or the Romans.

Two of my favorites (Armenia, Germania), can literally run over, around, and through anything a Roman faction can send at you. Pontus has a very good unit roster, as do the Carthaginians or the Gauls. What you might lack with a particular faction, you can often make up for by recruiting mercenaries.

The one thing the devs did slant in favor of the Romans is nearly unlimited money. That's how the AI is able to spam endless stacks of "toy soldiers" to throw at you.

As to diplomacy, it would indeed be nice to have a functional diplomatic system in place, but the TW system is slowly (very slowly) getting better. If you've been playing since the days of the original Shogun, you'll know what I'm talking about....

Empire*Of*Media
06-09-2013, 12:09
Notsure what you mean by this:shrug:

RTW has many factions with excellent rosters, some with better, more balanced rosters than either the Greeks or the Romans.

Two of my favorites (Armenia, Germania), can literally run over, around, and through anything a Roman faction can send at you. Pontus has a very good unit roster, as do the Carthaginians or the Gauls. What you might lack with a particular faction, you can often make up for by recruiting mercenaries.

The one thing the devs did slant in favor of the Romans is nearly unlimited money. That's how the AI is able to spam endless stacks of "toy soldiers" to throw at you.

As to diplomacy, it would indeed be nice to have a functional diplomatic system in place, but the TW system is slowly (very slowly) getting better. If you've been playing since the days of the original Shogun, you'll know what I'm talking about....

i meant when Parthians were very strong even their name shows that (Pahlavan Means Champion), but in Rome Parthia was feeble and in EB the Seleukids are stronger to wipe them out (While Parthians took all Over Iranian Plateau and eastern Kurdistans from the greeks!)

no i have not played Shogun long enough, but indeed yes, Rhyfelwyr said that too, you think why Total War & Creative Assembly with these all great games & Stuff, still cant pay attention to their weak spots & points ?!?! and why they dont listen to their Players?! somehow reminds me Sony Ericsson !!

and i like your number of posts !! 777 !! that is a very Holy & interesting Number !! lol !

andrewt
06-09-2013, 22:20
Let's face it. The reason for the bad diplomacy in the TW series goes down to a design decision. There are two ways to make the AI challenging to experienced players in such a complicated game such as this. One is to give the AI a ridiculous amount of cheats in the higher difficulty levels. The other is to design a diplomacy system where the AI factions are clearly ganging up against the player. The Civilization series opted to give their AI civs an insane amount of cheats but made diplomacy a little fairer to the player. The TW series have a toned down set of AI cheats in comparison but cranks up the AI factions ganging up on the player.