PDA

View Full Version : Province Map

Visor
06-13-2013, 02:44
http://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/1g87ca/gamespot_stream_leak_reveals_full_r2tw_campaign/

Image in there shows a map of the campaign maps provinces.

Lemur
06-13-2013, 04:46
Why not re-post the image itself? Here ya go:

https://i.imgur.com/oBfi0Eu.jpg

B-Wing
06-13-2013, 05:15
Assuming each item on the map is a city (except for the white things with vertical bars next to them), I'm impressed at how many cities there are, especially in Persia. I'm guessing we can safely assume there will also be an Ethiopian province south of Aegyptos, too.

Ituralde
06-13-2013, 09:58
Thanks a lot!

I guess those other icons represent special resources. Like the gold and silver bars. The logs of wood, some pottery and then some plant. And also furs.
Don't know what that brown thing in Silesia and Thracia is though. Looks like a coffee bean, but I find that highly unlikely.
And then some bags in Tarraconensis and Carmania.

Anyway, nice to have a look at the map. Like the spread of cities and provinces.

B-Wing
06-13-2013, 13:09
Just curious, which icon do you think represents pottery?

I'm guessing the weirdly shaped icons in western Provincia, eastern Cartaginesis, southern Italia, and northwest Nabataea are olives. Not sure what sort of in-game bonuses they would offer.

A little surprised to not see any grain this time around.

That funny looking icon you mentioned in Silesia and Thracia is also in northern Aria and eastern Arabia Felix. I have no idea what it could be, but based on it's broad distribution, I doubt it's a plant of any sort.

I think the red icons are wine.

Barkhorn1x
06-13-2013, 13:09
Good stuff.

andrewt
06-14-2013, 04:25
Assuming each item on the map is a city (except for the white things with vertical bars next to them), I'm impressed at how many cities there are, especially in Persia. I'm guessing we can safely assume there will also be an Ethiopian province south of Aegyptos, too.

I think those white things with vertical bars are the cities, or at least the settlements. No idea which one of them is the provincial capital, though. The other icons look like the special resources that can be traded.

Ituralde
06-14-2013, 09:47
I think those white things with vertical bars are the cities, or at least the settlements. No idea which one of them is the provincial capital, though. The other icons look like the special resources that can be traded.

I think he was also referring to those temple like icons to represent cities, while the white bar stuff is mostly seen in Egypt and probably shows the armies with the white bar being the movement points. I also wonder what the icon in the middle of Italy is. Maybe an agent of some sort. It's the only place the icon shows up on the map.

Just curious, which icon do you think represents pottery?

I'm guessing the weirdly shaped icons in western Provincia, eastern Cartaginesis, southern Italia, and northwest Nabataea are olives. Not sure what sort of in-game bonuses they would offer.

A little surprised to not see any grain this time around.

That funny looking icon you mentioned in Silesia and Thracia is also in northern Aria and eastern Arabia Felix. I have no idea what it could be, but based on it's broad distribution, I doubt it's a plant of any sort.

I think the red icons are wine.

I took the red amphores to be pottery. They could be wine as well. Though I would have expected them to show the grapes then. Either way olives sounds good for those plant thingies.

Maybe the brown icon is a flat dish of some sort to mean pottery or clay?

Empire*Of*Media
06-14-2013, 14:12
hmmm. its a little strange ! many provinces are drown strangely !!

and if the provinces cities and towns, it going to be like from empire and napoleon, it is not detailed & historicaled & good!! because all towns and cities must be a "Settlement" like Rome,Ctesiphon &.....
when a city will be only for mine or weavery, i dont think its an strategic historical game specification, but a only a game!!

i hoped they make it more detailed !!

B-Wing
06-14-2013, 15:17
Maybe the brown icon is a flat dish of some sort to mean pottery or clay?

Very possible. I don't really know much about trade and economy during this time period, but were some areas known for the quality or quantity of their pottery production? I never thought of it as a valuable trade commodity.