PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion to CA: after Conquering, Renaming a City or Replace the Original!

Empire*Of*Media
07-01-2013, 17:18
u know, like how you can rename your army In Rome 2 , a thought came to my mind that Renaming Cities be available like CIViLIZATIONS game. or at least replacing the original & Native name. for example when u are Rome or Parthia when you conquer a Barbarian or Greek Occupied City or Town, you replace it with its own Native Name. for example, You Free Hectampolys From Seleukids that its Original name was Sad Darvaze (Hundred Gates), or Ekbatana to Hagmatana and.....things like this.
i thik its great & Historical, and you feel playing History not what some men of CA in some country has built this game by their Roman or Greek Favors!
and other fact is that greeks or any factions had those regions & cities & towns for some Periods of time, but most for another faction like example of Seleukids & Parthia's Iberation of Iranian Plateau & Mesopotamia. so we never say Ekbatana or Hectampolys or any region of the world where Greeks or Romans Occupied there!
so can CA Listen to us ?!
and what do you say?!

Hooahguy
07-01-2013, 23:17
You have been able to rename cities, to my knowledge, since at least Rome I.

Also I am 99% sure that CA does not read these forums.

johnhughthom
07-02-2013, 21:13

They do, I've seen Jack Lusted online recently.

Empire*Of*Media
07-02-2013, 21:29
You have been able to rename cities, to my knowledge, since at least Rome I.

renaming was only & only in Medieval2, and i didnt saw anything says Rome2 have it. if they dont make this cool feature, it will be really a weakness & Disadvantage!
you know, Rome2 Copied many featured from ORDER OF WAR, Civilizations & .... , i hope they create this good feature, like how it was in CIVILIZATION!!
I Hope So i Mean!

and...........if they dont read ORG why they created it?! at all, is here an official total war website?!
and after all, they even dont read Great opinions in even forums.totalwar.com!! they just want a game be made by some men of themselves !!

Lemur
07-02-2013, 21:36
and...........if they dont read ORG why they created it?! at all, is here an official total war website?!
No, we are not and never have been officially sanctioned by Creative Assembly in any way.

We're a fan site, pure and simple.

Hooahguy
07-02-2013, 22:53
renaming was only & only in Medieval2, and i didnt saw anything says Rome2 have it. if they dont make this cool feature, it will be really a weakness & Disadvantage!
you know, Rome2 Copied many featured from ORDER OF WAR, Civilizations & .... , i hope they create this good feature, like how it was in CIVILIZATION!!
I Hope So i Mean!

and after all, they even dont read Great opinions in even forums.totalwar.com!! they just want a game be made by some men of themselves !!

Are you sure about that? I distinctly remember renaming things in Rome I.
And what features did they copy from Order of War (which came way after the first TW game), and Civilization? All games are going to have some similarity some some sort, its unavoidable.

Game developers are in no way beholden to their fanbase. Its nice if they do listen, but they are under no obligation to do so. The game developers have their own vision for this game and what they do cannot be dictated by the whims of the fanbase. Think about it. One group of fans want flaming pigs. Another group doesnt want them. Who do they listen to? If they do one thing, the other will complain that the devs arent listening to them. Its a catch-22: damned if you do, damned if you dont. So they stick with their internal vision and do what they think it right. Do you see now why they cant placate every single opinion put out there? They can certainly listen, but dont expect them to factor your suggestions into the game. Thats the way its always been, especially with the TW series. If you want something in the game yourself, you find or make a mod that will do the thing that CA wouldnt do.

quadalpha
07-03-2013, 04:32
Cripes, the .com forums are a good reason to not listen to what 'the fans' want.

Barkhorn1x
07-03-2013, 12:31
Cripes, the .com forums are a good reason to not listen to what 'the fans' want.

Yep. :yes: