PDA

View Full Version : New update from CA: Better arrow trails

Hamata
07-16-2013, 19:24
here is a post from twc from one of there ca members about the new arrow trails

Hi Guys!

Thought I’d just illustrate how difficult it is to show off a game that’s as big as Total War when it’s not finished yet. One thing a lot of you noticed were how prominent arrow trails were in our Battle of the Nile video a good example of something that changes and evolves as the game goes through development.

Projectile trails are important because the player needs some visual indication that their troops are attacking with, or under attack from, ranged weaponry. But as you saw, they were rather prominent in the Battle of the Nile. This was actually caused by all troops firing at once and the trails overlapping each other.

This screen shows what they look like today – the effect of development progression on just that area of the game; one of hundreds of thousands of tweaks and spots of polish the team are applying on the run up to launch. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=285813&d=1373985394

source http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?608913-Arrow-Trails-Before-and-After&p=13032141#post13032141

Barkhorn1x
07-16-2013, 20:12
Good news on that front.

On another; Man do I hate those banners. I trust that, just as w/ all other TW games, the banners can be turned off. Nothing ruins my immersion more than banners.

The Outsider
07-16-2013, 22:35
Thanks for sharing mate.this is good news in deed

Hamata
07-17-2013, 03:24
Thanks for sharing mate.this is good news in deed your welcome

dge1
07-17-2013, 05:29
Think they look a lot better. Hope they get in all the tweaks like this before they have to lock the game down to get it published.

Rhyfelwyr
07-20-2013, 13:48
Banners look horrendous. Is it that difficult to have a standard carrier like in EB or any number of mods (or indeed, even vanilla RTW)?

quadalpha
07-21-2013, 08:06
There's always been an option to turn off banners. Can't imagine it not being there this time.

Nelson
07-21-2013, 20:28
Good news on that front.

On another; Man do I hate those banners. I trust that, just as w/ all other TW games, the banners can be turned off. Nothing ruins my immersion more than banners.

Ditto. Any interface overlay is jarring and intrusive IMO. I can tolerate interface graphics that appear only during a mouse-over for a selected unit but I despise the glowing tower owner circles in FotS that can't be turned off. CA should make all info markers optional during a battle.