PDA

View Full Version : Roma 2: Imperium Aquilarum

General George S. Patton
08-14-2013, 17:45
https://img202.imageshack.us/img202/6893/7wgz.png (http://www.rometw2.com/ia/)

Imperium Aquilarum is a mod going through development for the Creative Assembly title, Total War: Rome 2. It is designed
to give players the most historically accurate, realistic gaming experience possible with the Rome 2 game engine. We will be
making use of the massive possibilities of the Rome 2 engine to hopefully offer an unbeatable experience, unaccomplished in
previous Total War games. Realism is our primary goal. People say realism isn't fun? We believe it's the way realism is portrayed,
some things simply can't be done due to the fact that it is a game, and people have limits of the patience. This goal of this
mod is not to slow the battles down to a agonizingly slow rate so that they take hours. This accomplishes nothing gameplay or realism wise.

Imperium Aquilarum, translated to "Empire of Eagles", first started it's development one month after Total War: Rome 2
was announced, and is the first mod ever for Rome 2. This mod was organised because there were already signs of The Creative
Assembly sacrificing to much historical accuracy for gameplay, and we already had a feeling of the general direction that CA
had taken in the development of their game. Despite the quality, and massive possibility's Rome 2 has to offer, it appears to
have the same arcade feeling as Shogun 2. We plan to offer an alternative design and experience to what CA will offer, and
in our views, a much more enjoyable realistic experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1OHV628oGiU
Obviously a placeholder

The scope of this mod is to try and follow in the footsteps of the great Rome Total War, and Medieval 2 Total War mods such as
Roma Surrectum (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?251-Roma-Surrectum), and Europa Barbarorum (https://www.europabarbarorum.com/), and prove that these mods are not dead,
and that Total War is still extremely moddable.

In pursuit of great realism and thus great gameplay, we first needed to go about polishing up the rough edges, features in the game
clearly added simply for very very causal gamers who care neither for realism or historical accuracy. Some of these include the
reticulas projectile trails, and random in battle buffs. Next we will be diving into the battle mechanics, which currently are slightly to fast paced and unrealistic. (More to come here later)

Some of the more specifics to our mod (please note this is not even close to being finished, even the already written stuff will be edited)

Factions Rosters: Are a huge part of historical accuracy, and there is a lot to get right. First off,
the units themselves, did they really exist? what weapons did they carry? what armor did they where? how good where they? what
where there tactical formation sizes? what was there individual unit spacing? And then the monumental task of skinning all of them with historically correct colors, and making the 3d models for there weapons and armor.

Campaign mechanics: Will be dramatically overhauled to provide a much more realistic, in-depth,
and immersive experience. The economy will be reworked to fit the new recruitment system and unit sizes (more on this later).
We also plan on reworking the pirate mechanics, and introducing a few more via scripts (more on these later). A area of
recruitment system will be introduced that is as accurate as possible, because as CA themselves have said, when the
player starts playing nothing is 100% accurate anymore, along with reworking the mercenaries.
(more on campaign mechanics to come)

Visuals: In order to give this mod a sense of a total overhaul we will be redoing the standard stuff,
like new menu and start up videos, loading screens, and artwork. On top of this however we have some unique ideas which we will not be sharing just yet...

Audio: Credit where credit is due here, CA have done a fantasitic job with the audio of Rome 2,
however we have still managed to find something to make a bit better. First off we will be experimenting with changing the marching audio. As seen here (http://youtu.be/fwWrDtkJdTs),
the marching sounds are great, but they are out of time with the troop's feet. This is most likely because this a a group formation sound.
To counter this we will be experimenting with turning these sounds down/off while turning the individual units footstep sounds up, which should
alleviate this "problem". Also, for thoughs of you out there who still want the nostalgia of Rome 1, we will be making a Rome 1 sound pack,
with all the original music, and some of the more iconic sounds such as "Rome has conquered".

More on the AI, and naval battles to come.

Specific mod changes: I will update add specific features as they are implemented so that you can see
what we are up to, and follow the progress of this mod. For now, I will have descriptions of the general ideas that we are trying to achieve.
Please feel free to post your own ideas on this thread, they will be copied to a ideas thread that we have in our twcenter group, and then
if it works in the mod, added to the plan thread.

The website (linky (http://www.rometw2.com/ia/)) is nowhere near finished, and some of the pages are still place holders. Suggestions for the mod and the website
are welcome. To contact us, PM General George S. Patton via TWC. Thank you

We are currently recruiting people of all skills (see website for positions).
We are in particular need of Skinners for 2D Textures

Imperium Aquilarum Development Group Members

General George S. Patton - Founder, General Modder, Website Developer, Esf editor
King Louise Assurbanipal - 2D Textures
ChewieMuse - 2D Artwork
GERULA666 - 2D Artwork
August - Concept Art
Muzzle Flash - 3D Artist
terryn - Scripter
Condottiere SOG - Scripter
♔Pdguru♔ - 2D Texture (maybe)
Nightwish - 3D Models (maybe), 2D Textures (maybe)
spartan_warrior - Campaign Mapping (maybe)
panzerschreck - Battlefield Mapper (maybe)
keinmann - Technicals (maybe), Models (maybe)
Wowwars - General Modder (maybe)
Superghostboy - Performance Modder (maybe)
If you have any questions, or are interested in in joining, please contact General George S. Patton via pm.
Thanks for your time reading this, regards, IA Dev Team

BroskiDerpman
08-14-2013, 20:33
Hmmm. The units popping up on the main page look like the one on Europa Barbarorum's main page. It also switches units each refresh like EB's.

Just stating this if you weren't aware. Though technically I believe as stated in the DoTS sub forums they can't sue you/pursue legal action because you can't copyright a mod. I'm quite curious...

Good luck on the mod though!

General George S. Patton
08-14-2013, 20:51
Hmmm. The units popping up on the main page look like the one on Europa Barbarorum's main page. It also switches units each refresh like EB's.

Just stating this if you weren't aware. Though technically I believe as stated in the DoTS sub forums they can't sue you/pursue legal action because you can't copyright a mod. I'm quite curious...

Good luck on the mod though!

Thanks for your interest and concern , I have been in contact with EB and everything is ok :)

BroskiDerpman
08-15-2013, 01:07
If you can pull this off I will be amazed. The effort in creating a Warscape mod is appreciated. (Total overhaul)

General George S. Patton
08-25-2013, 03:22
Major update to OP and website :)

BroskiDerpman
08-25-2013, 03:30
In the download part there is a small spelling error. It should be: Mod not yet released.

Cheers. ;)

General George S. Patton
08-25-2013, 04:21
In the download part there is a small spelling error. It should be: Mod not yet released.

Cheers. ;)

Thanks for spotting that, good eye.

On the twcenter thread someone found like 5 spelling errors in the op lol :P

Ludwigrhysy
08-30-2013, 07:30
It also helps that there's a number of things about rome 2 that look really fun.

drugotulo90
09-06-2013, 09:38
hello everybody. I'm italian so I try in english: in the italian spanish anda other version even if the creative assembliy sold us the game as full italian, the soldiers speech is in english. Horrible contrast. anyway as some mods of rome I i hope some mods can translate in latin and greek and barbarian the soldiers speech. Is this mod the one i'm looking for? It's an idea which you can deleveop? Thanks

General George S. Patton
01-10-2014, 05:17
I'm afraid sound is all but impossible to mod in at the moment :(.

PS could a moderator please move this to the mod forum?

Myth
01-10-2014, 09:42
Well, KLA is staff here now, and his work is awesome. Gerula got his artist's forum here too, and his stuff is also awesome. I wish the team luck.

I'd leave the topic here for the time being, because the Rome II section is the busiest on the .org. I'll even sticky it. General George S. Patton how would you like for your mod and team to have their own subforum and private forum here, like the EB team does? Lemur can see to it.