PDA

View Full Version : Some Very Good Write-Ups on the CA Pub Crawl Last Night

Barkhorn1x
08-15-2013, 16:51
OK, it wasn't a pub crawl really but it did involve a London pub so forgive me for dramatizing a bit.

Anyway, these write ups can be found on TWC so go and look if interested. Here are some interesting bits:

-After capturing prisoners you have 3 options:
Release
Enslave
Slaughter (or Kill can't remember)
Unfortunately there isn't a way to incorporate them into your military in any way, by the looks of it.

-While looking through the game controls I noticed something called 'About Face' with letter 'J' tied to it. Later a CA staff member explained that this button would reverse the way your units or army are facing. Previously, if you just selected the unit and dragged it facing opposite way, the unit or the whole army would make sort of a circle - time consuming, unrealistic and unnecessary. This option would make them face the other way quicker, without going around. And I was told units won't just flick front to back, apparently there's a proper animation for it. Neat!

- Probably this is not new but was new for me: autoresolving has three options now: Offensive, which will rush the enemy (says use it when enemy has a lot of ranged units); Defensive, when you have a lot of ranged units; Balanced, which would have no bonuses either way;

- Projectile stimulation is by far one of my favourite features. Watching pila/javelins thrown just before the clash make contact with their targets is amazing. Especially if pila are thrown to the backs of the enemy. It becomes a slaughter in a spectacular way. I actually saw a legionnaire (from the battle of Nile which I didn't play) walking around with a javelin stuck behind his shoulder. So not every javelin that hits actually kills.

Barkhorn1x
08-15-2013, 17:39
...and:

The game has gone to disc approx 2 weeks ago; meaning the main part is done and just the important tweeks are left for the day 1 patch. So we are getting a finished product.

BroskiDerpman
08-15-2013, 19:08
It's what you see is what you get now. It better have some good replayability. :P

andrewt
08-15-2013, 22:21
It has gone to what?

I can't recall the last time I have even seen a gone gold announcement.

Barkhorn1x
08-15-2013, 22:29
It has gone to what?

I can't recall the last time I have even seen a gone gold announcement.

Gone Gold is so 2,000s. Really.

So they get it to the pressers/printers early these days and do a Day 1 patch that all get thanks to the wonders of Steam.