View Full Version : Non Mafia Game Oct 2013- Resident Evil 2 Pregame discussion

Pages : [1] 2

Askthepizzaguy
08-20-2013, 01:40
RESIDENT EVIL 2:
Dark Falls Chronicles
TRIBULATIONS

Battle royale game invitational

Please discuss the game in this thread, if you are interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBGvtkVVas0&feature=related

-Plot-

The Story of Southgate, Montana will scroll upwards.
If you want to start at the beginning, refresh the page.

August 2010

Mere months after the viral outbreak in Dark Falls, in the nearby town of Southgate, Montana

There is a wave of missing persons reports

Prisoners at the maximum security prison are reported missing, presumably they escaped

Patients at the home for the mentally ill are also reported missing

Soon, terminally ill patients at the hospital begin to vanish, and their bodies are never found

Then, from the streets of Southgate, many ordinary citizens begin to disappear

No one is safe. Even the police report that some of their own have gone missing

September 2010

The tide of missing persons reports begins to ebb

The crimes were never solved, however

Later on, health inspectors shut down the water treatment facility due to code violations

Water is pumped in from elsewhere to compensate

Then.....

People begin to get really sick.

October 2010

The entire town of Southgate, Montana is quarantined by the Federal Government.

An outbreak of the Omega virus has rendered the city uninhabitable

The President of the United States is forced to make the call

The entire town of Southgate, Montana must be sterilized.

Only nuclear weapons are known to be effective in completely wiping out the virus

But Congress is still divided. The Hawk Party of the United States, although normally quite willing to take drastic measures

Opposes the current President and seeks to regain control of the Presidency in 2012

They declare the current President to be soft on global terrorism

Yet too willing to use nuclear arms on his own citizens

The current President gives an address and states that in an emergency such as this

He has the authority to unilaterally make this decision

But that he does not want to proceed without first consulting Congress

Putting the question back to them, and forcing a partisan debate

Meanwhile, the people of Southgate are suffering and dying

And when they die, their bodies do not remain still

Within a week, the bodies begin to rise

Soon, the living who have shown no signs of illness suddenly turn

And the infected begin to attack and consume whatever is in their path

The chaos is unimaginable, and no one is allowed to evacuate

Martial law is declared, and rioting in the streets reaches a fevered pitch

Days later.... the riots end

As the voices of the uninfected slowly are silenced

And replaced with moaning

And gnashing

And chomping

But not all of the citizens of Southgate were affected.

A few dozen people wake up scattered throughout the town

With no memory of the events of the past two months

And find that they are unaffected by the virus, they appear to be immune

They find that escape from Southgate is quite impossible

It is as though someone erected a massive, invisible force field around the city

Which they cannot penetrate

If they try to leave, their bodies become weak, and they lose all muscle control, and cannot breathe

Something is preventing them from leaving.

Or Someone.

It's obvious that the Umbrella corporation was involved somehow, but

Southgate Montana is actually home to one of the largest SynTech Systems research facilities in the United States

And they have been known to operate with the same reckless disregard for human life as Umbrella.

There are definitely other players involved, but it isn't immediately clear how they are involved.

But one thing is clear:

The survivors of Southgate must free themselves and escape the city

Before they are all consumed by the zombie horde.

-Type of Game-

This will be another Resident Evil-themed "Battle Royale"-style game in the same vein as my Dark Falls game. (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?123875-Resident-Evil-Dark-Falls-Game-thread)
Which, admittedly, was a long time ago by now...

-Release Date-

Fall/Winter 2013

Approximately end of October

-Number of Players-

I would like to get 50 players. Please.

In order to ensure a minimum of drop-outs, replacements, and maximum participation,

I will be sending out invites for this game and reserving space for players who have not dropped out of my games

Or otherwise failed to participate in the past. As such, space will be limited, and entry into the game not guaranteed.

After I have achieved the necessary numbers, players may serve as reservists.

That's right, this game is an INVITATIONAL game. Let me tell you why, and how it works.

I will not open "sign-ups" for this game until an announced date.

Sign-ups will remain open until they are full, first come, first served.

Put simply, I will invite people to the game and if they accept, they're on the VIP list

The list of players will primarily be populated this way.

When I reach 50 players on the VIP list, I will send each VIP a message letting them know when the sign-up sheet will be open.

Then, on that date, I will open sign-ups, for a limited time.

Any VIP who agreed to reserve a space is guaranteed entry into the game.

However, if the VIP does not show up and claim their reserved spot before the deadline,

The slot will be granted to anyone who is enthusiastic about playing the game and chose to sign up.

That way, if you are interested but were not personally invited, you still have a chance to join.

You are also allowed to tell me that you wish to be invited. PM me.

This is necessary because last game, several spots went vacant.

I want experienced, loyal, dedicated players if I am going to put myself through the hell of hosting this game for you

I will therefore be inviting long-time players who have never let me down before, and do that first

This is your reward for being excellent players

If you are not formally invited to be a VIP do not take it personally

I need 50 players, not more than that

If you wish to be formally invited, send me a PM.

-------

Askthepizzaguy is the primary host and architect of the game.

Chaotix has agreed to co-host, but in case one of us is incapacitated...

GeneralHankerchief is the backup co-host.

That way this game will be completed even if Askthepizzaguy is mortal.

-Setting-

Southgate, Montana. A city which is located near Dark Falls, Montana.

The events of this game take place months after the events of Dark Falls. (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?123875-Resident-Evil-Dark-Falls-Game-thread)

-Factions-

Town
Umbrella
SynTech
Zombie Horde
Serial Killer
Unknown Faction 1
Unknown Faction 2

-Game Play-

Still putting the finishing touches on the design.

Put simply, there is a cycle of turns.

Movement round- you tell me how fast you wish to move, and where, and you tell me what to do when you get there

Interactive round- you've arrived at your location. Hide, search, attack, ambush, barricade yourself in a building, etc.

Then, the cycle starts over again.

Your mission as a Survivor is to complete mission objectives and then leave Southgate alive.

You will collect items, unlock buildings, encounter enemies, and solve the mystery of Southgate

You or your fellow survivors are very likely to die before you complete your mission

And if you die, you become part of the zombie horde...

Map is under construction. This is what I have so far.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7434/9976415914_63a6a86271_o.png (http://www.flickr.com/photos/7965762@N07/9976415914/)

Cyberdrive Manufacturing Plant- Top Left corner, 5x6 tiles
Weapons testing range- Top east bank of the river, 1x7 tiles, behind the barrier
SynTech Systems Research Facility- Top Right corner, 6x3 tiles
Mercy Hospital- Blue cross building, west bank of river, 6 tiles irregular shape
Church of the Holy Savior- Center of map, east bank, 2x2 tiles
South Gate- Bottom of map, slightly on right, 2 tiles.
South River- snakes through entire map (impenetrable except by bridges)
Burning Train- Entire left hand side of map and partially on top (impassable)
United States Army Base- 6x3, south of SynTech Facility
Southgate Arena- Bottom right, 3x3 tiles, east bank
Mall of Montana- Right side middle, 10 tiles irregular shape
Southgate University- 3x3 tiles, Bottom right, west bank
Gated community- 5x4 tiles, Bottom left [INCOMPLETE]
Townhouse district- Bottom edge of map
Downtown office district- Center of Map [INCOMPLETE]
Downtown shopping plaza- North of University, East bank of the river (north side) [INCOMPLETE]
Commercial district- East of Church, Southwest of Church [INCOMPLETE]
Warehouse district- South of Manufacturing Plant, West bank of river, next to rail [INCOMPLETE]
Industrial Park- North side of map, east and west banks. [INCOMPLETE]
Residential apartment district- East bank of river, southwest side of map, near radio station [INCOMPLETE]
Parks and riverfront district- Along the banks of the river.
Graveyard- 2x2, Left side of map, east bank of river, Center
Southgate elementary- 2x4, Southwest portion of map, in red.
Sanitarium for the mentally ill- 2x3, north side of river across from school
Maximum security prison- Southwest of Hosptial, across the river.
KILM Radio Broadcast Station- Middle/left side of map, near Residential Apartment District
Police Station- (Not pictured yet) [INCOMPLETE]
City Hall- (Not pictured yet) [INCOMPLETE]
Water treatment facility- 2x1, top, center, east side of river
Subway stations (4) [SEE MAP LEGEND]
Elevated rail stations (3) [SEE MAP LEGEND]
Gas station (1) [SEE MAP LEGEND]

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5465/9976522026_e0fbc15b7e_o.png (http://www.flickr.com/photos/7965762@N07/9976522026/)

Askthepizzaguy
Makrell (from TWC)- APPROVED
Zack (from CFC)- APPROVED
BSmith (from CFC)- APPROVED
Tiaexz (from the Org)- APPROVED
Ironside (from the Org)- APPROVED
Jarema (from CFC)- APPROVED
Darth Feather (from the Org)- APPROVED
Ferret (from the Org)- APPROVED
Ishmael (from the Org)- APPROVED
Choxorn (from CFC)- APPROVED
Autolycus (from CFC)- APPROVED
El Barto (Takhisis from CFC)- APPROVED
Gaius Scribonius Curio (from the Org)- APPROVED
issaikhaan (from the Org)- APPROVED
White_Eyes:D (from the Org) - APPROVED
TheLastDays (from the Org)- APPROVED
Double A (from TWC)- APPROVED
Montmorency (from the Org)- APPROVED
johnhughthom (from the Org)- APPROVED
Backwards Logic (from CFC)- APPROVED
Jolt (from the Org)- APPROVED
Seon (from CFC)- APPROVED
UncleDynamite (from 2+2)- APPROVED
Visorslash (from TWC)- APPROVED
Frozen in ice (from CFC)- APPROVED
Stuck in Pi (from CFC)- APPROVED
Stildawn (from TWC)- APPROVED
Andres (from the Org)- APPROVED
Naut (Psychonaut from the Org)- APPROVED
AntiDamascus (from the Org)- APPROVED

Ibn-Khaldun (from the Org)- APPROVED
gnarlycharlie (from Giraffe boards)- APPROVED
Zain (from the Org)- APPROVED
JRodd (Hustylez from 2+2)- APPROVED
Major Robert Dump (from the Org)- APPROVED
Beefy187 (from the Org)- APPROVED
TheFlax (from the Org)- APPPROVED
Gregoshi (from the Org)- APPROVED
ihcjay (from 2+2)- APPROVED
Nick Royale (from 2+2) APPROVED
Diana Abnoba (from the Org) APPROVED
Pokedel (from the Org) APPROVED
​TMLeafs1967 (from 2+2)- APPROVED
The Moocher (from 2+2)- APPROVED
crys (from Giraffe)- APPROVED
CHarry (from 2+2)- APPROVED
metsandfinsfan (from 2+2)- APPROVED
Winston Hughes (from CFC)- APPROVED
edse (from the Org)- APPROVED
Lightfoot (From Giraffe)- PENDING

Sprig (from CFC)- RESERVE PLAYER
Rikand (Telcontar from 2+2)- RESERVE PLAYER
Clockwork Jackal (from Giraffe)- RESERVE PLAYER

Askthepizzaguy
reserved 2

Askthepizzaguy
08-20-2013, 01:41
reserved 3

Askthepizzaguy
reserved 4

Askthepizzaguy
reserved 5

Askthepizzaguy
08-30-2013, 10:25
I just type faster than I can write longhand, and the org has fancy editors which makes things easier to process visually. So what I'm going to do now is design the game from scratch. The stuff you are seeing now is "Pre-alpha (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Stages_of_development)" stage stuff, which you never see from me. You only get to see Beta and later, methinks. Here I go.

Player movement

Based on the premise of strengths/weaknesses, trade-offs, and RPS style playing concepts, players should be given options for how they wish to approach their situation. In a Resident Evil universe, there would be strengths and weaknesses to how you move around- quickly to escape danger, or slowly to avoid it to begin with, for example.

The core of the game begins here. Your options for direction of movement are limited by the map, but how fast you get there is up to you.

CORE CONCEPT: Making movement decisions.
CORE CONCEPT: A/B/C choices
CORE CONCEPT: Trade off

A- Walk

B- Run

C- Sprint

Positives: Sprinting.

When it comes to speed, Sprint is the strongest, and walk is the weakest. Obviously if you need to get somewhere fast, it makes sense to use the fastest movement speed. But what is the trade-off?

In my mind, Sprinting is what will make you winded. It is also the loudest, and prevents you from observing your surroundings closely. You are putting all of your bodies' energy into moving fast. You can't look around carefully, and you can't really defend yourself too well, aiming weapons is not even possible when sprinting at your fullest speed. As such, there are penalties associated with sprinting.

Sprinting is probably the best way to flee from zombies, because they have a slower movement speed.

Trade-off: Sprinting

You may not use "Hide/Stealth" mode. You will be out of breath when you arrive at your location. Which means you won't be able to hide properly, you'll be gasping for air.
You may not use "Search" mode. You're running too fast to look for anything, and you'll be out of breath when you arrive at your location, you'll be forced to rest rather than search anything.
You may not use "Attack" mode. You are too busy running, and then you'll be out of breath.
You may not use "Defend" mode. You are too busy running, and then you'll be out of breath.
You may not use "Ambush" or "Search and Destroy"
But that is not all. If you are ambushed by a new attacker, your combat rating will be halved for the first round of combat. Your ability to defend yourself or observe your surroundings are both compromised while you are sprinting.

Positives: Running.

Running is faster than walking. And, while running at a comfortable pace, you are capable of handling weapons. You can shoot in front of and behind you, and charge to attack someone, and so forth. Much combat is done in real world situations while running or charging. You may not be running at the fullest possible speed, but you are moving quickly. When you arrive at your destination, you will not be so out of breath that you can't immediately do a quick look around. Which means you'll suffer no combat penalties, and you'll be able to explore one tile on the map grid. You will also be able to hide in your new location. However, while you're running, you'll be making enough noise that you'll be observable, which means you can be ambushed en route.

Trade-off: Running

Any tiles you move across while running, you will not be in stealth mode. You'll only be able to hide once you arrive safely at your new location.
You'll only be able to search the tile you arrive at, none of the in-between tiles.
You won't be able to move as far as you would while sprinting.
You may not use "Ambush". They'll see you coming, after all.

Positives: Walking.

Walking means you are taking maximum care to observe your surroundings, and be ready in case of danger, and avoid attracting attention. Walking is the mode of travel when you are concerned with being ambushed, or you want to be prepared in case searching yields unfortunate results. As a consequence, walking is the slowest mode of travel, but your stealth, search, attack, and defense abilities will all be enhanced.

You automatically gain +1 to your Stealth rating.
You automatically gain +1 to your Combat rating.
If you choose Hide/Stealth Mode, you will be hidden even while moving from place to place, because you are taking the time to observe your surroundings, see danger, hide from that danger, and slip away.
If you choose Search Mode, you will search all tiles that you cross, as you move.
If you wish to perform an Ambush, this is the only method of doing so.

Trade-offs: Walking

If you are being pursued by an enemy which has already spotted you, there's no chance you'll be able to hide from that enemy as it is chasing you; they will be able to catch up to you immediately and force a combat situation. You may be better equipped to fight during the encounter itself, but you won't be able to avoid the encounter.
Obviously, this is the slowest method of getting anywhere, and the longer you stay in this city, the more dangerous it becomes.

Player Movement Choice:

A) Walk
B) Run
C) Sprint

When a player moves, he also tells me what he does when he gets to where he is going.

Next up: Player Actions.

======================================

Player Actions

Player Action Choice:

1) Defend (+1 combat)
2) Hide (Stealth mode)
3) Search

1- Defend

2- Hide

3- Search

Positives: Defending.

When a player expects the situation to be extremely dangerous and no chance of escape or hiding, it's only prudent that the player spends less time worrying about searching, or hiding, and more time trying to defend themselves against their opponent.

This mode grants a bonus +1 to combat, at the expense of being unable to hide or search at the end of the move.

Trade-off: Defending.

This mode does not allow a search at the end of the move, so if there is a necessity to search the tile you arrive at, or the surrounding tiles, then it must be done on the following turn.

Positives: Hiding and Stealth.

Hiding at the end of your turn means that, rather than engage in combat with any hostile forces at your new location, you will attempt to find cover and hide. If your opponent hasn't already spotted you and is in pursuit (attack mode) then you have a decent chance of avoiding combat in your new location.

If you are moving slowly enough to be in "stealth mode", then it's not even possible to ambush you at all, no matter your stealth rating.
Hiding means you can Ambush someone next turn.

Trade-off: Hiding and Stealth

What you must watch out for is an opponent which is specifically searching to find someone who is hidden, and kill them. This is someone using Search+Destroy. They will then use their search capabilities and pit them against your ability to hide. If they find you, they will be able to attack first.

You can't perform a Search while moving or when you arrive.
You also can't use "Attack". You're trying to avoid combat altogether.

Positives: Searching.

When you Search while walking, you'll be able to find things as you move.
Search at the end of a run is a quick action, so you'll only search the tile you're in at the end of that run.

Sprinting doesn't allow searching as an action.

Trade-offs: Searching

If you Search, there's a chance you'll unleash more monsters that were unable to find/reach you any other way.
You cannot hide and search at the same time, and since you're not defending, you're more vulnerable.

Player Movement Choice:

A) Walk
B) Run
C) Sprint

Player Action Choice:

1) Defend (+1 combat)
2) Hide (Stealth mode)
3) Search

But, in the event of combat, what does a player do? Next up: Combat choice.

======================================

Player Combat

Player Combat Choice:

X) Escape
Y) Non-Lethal
Z) Lethal

Escape: Means flee at the very first opportunity. Don't waste time engaging, just flee when possible.

Note: It's still possible you'll die.

Non-Lethal: Means engage in the fight, but flee from battle if you become critically injured and could die on the next hit.

Note: It's still possible you'll die.

Lethal: Fight to the death. You are trying to inflict maximum damage possible, and if you flee, you feel it would hurt your team's chances of victory. Every additional round of combat counts. You will not disengage from battle unless you die or all hostiles have been slain or have fled.

Note: Someone will die if two players are engaged in Lethal combat with one another, without exception.
It's also possible both will die.

Fairly self-explanatory.

Askthepizzaguy
08-30-2013, 10:28
Player Movement Choice:

A) Walk
B) Run
C) Sprint

Player Action Choice:

1) Defend (+1 combat)
2) Hide (Stealth mode)
3) Search

Player Combat Choice:

X) Escape
Y) Non-Lethal
Z) Lethal

Askthepizzaguy
08-30-2013, 10:45
Two different kinds of rounds

Movement round
Interactive round

Much like a Day and Night phase in a mafia game. The Movement round corresponds to the Night Phase in a mafia game.

The Interactive round is like a Day phase, in which there's like... discussion n' stuff.

You've moved.
You've searched.
You've hid.
You've combat-ed.

Now what? You've arrived somewhere, and there are people to see, and buildings to interact with.

As such, we'll spend a few minutes at our new location, talking with the people there (or not), ambushing them (or not), and interacting in general.

What can we do on an Interactive Round?

You may speak to anyone in the same tile as you.
You may speak to anyone in the tile adjacent to your own.
You may Interact with your environment. See: Interactions.
You may trade items between people in the same tile as you.
You may trade items with anyone in a tile adjacent to you.

Those are things you can do simultaneously.

But there are other, elective things you may also do, which are mutually exclusive.

You may now Prepare an Ambush for someone, if you're hidden. Tell me who to ambush- anyone you don't recognize, anything that doesn't look human, etc.

Or,

You may now Search and Destroy. Find your prey, and kill it! Attack anyone who might be using Hide.

Or,

You may now select a target and Pursue them next round, planning to attack them as they move away, and follow them to their new location.

Or,

You may decide your new "friends" aren't so friendly as you thought, and Attack them right here, right now, which allows them to escape since you aren't using the Pursue option. Note, you're not using Search and Destroy, so anyone who is hidden will not be affected.

This section is not finished. More may be added here.

Askthepizzaguy
08-30-2013, 11:36
Fleeing from combat during a Movement Phase.

You've elected to Escape from a combat situation, which means that you've conceded the battle, and therefore, the battleground itself.

Since you've decided to flee, you're no longer able to do anything in this tile in the coming "Interactive Phase".

You can't interact with the tile since you're not in it. Your turn is, essentially, skipped.

You may, however, communicate with the people in the tile on your way out of the tile. So you're limited to speaking only.

Askthepizzaguy
09-01-2013, 15:32
This game will be my most ambitious game to date, the only one that comes close was the previous Resident Evil Dark Falls game.

As such, I can use some help.

HOW YOU CAN HELP

1) Images
2) Music
3) I could use an artist who can draw and use MS paint or a similar program, and if you draw, have a way of uploading that image to the internets so I can use it.
4) Backup co-host.

1) Images.

I need images of dark (night time) dilapidated urban settings. Run down apartment buildings, partially destroyed buildings, interior shots of creepy places such as hospitals, laboratories, dungeons, military buildings, factories, and so forth- it has to look like a resident evil universe.
These images need to be collected, re-sized, and uploaded somewhere, where I can reach them simply by viewing, right-click, and saving them to my computer so I can re-host them. These images need to be photos, or photo-realistic.

I maintain discretion to use or not use what you send me.

Anything larger than 600*600 is too large. Please resize.

2) Music.

I need links to youtube videos or other links which auto-play the music in question without having to click a button. The type of music I'm looking for is dark, gloomy, music which fits in with a horror game. Such as, for example,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ4JoovKWCU

The genre of music can vary a bit, it doesn't have to be alternative rock. But I don't want any Justin Bieber, thank you. You get the picture?

I have discretion to use or not use it.

3) Artist

I'm contemplating begging Crazed Rabbit for his help again, but if you think you have real artistic chops, then PM me an image of YOUR original artwork signed by your user name, so I know it's yours.

A test image, create for me a picture of the interior of a hospital with zombies in it, and also, an exterior shot of the same building, in a different image.

If your image meets my quality standards, I may hire you as my artist for this game. I'd be willing to PayPal you actual money (not much... 10 dollars, 20 dollars, depending on how much you do for me) if I like your material and I end up using a lot of it. I'll tell you beforehand how much I am willing to pay to commission additional artwork.

Initially- nothing. You're volunteering, remember? I may not use your work at all. But if I know I'm going to use a lot of your work.... If I like what I see, and you can produce it well and within a reasonable time frame, I'll say 10 bucks, I need another 10 images. You do this work for me, and I end up using it, I'll PayPal you the cash. I'll tell you how many and what kind of image I need. You make those images, you get the fundage. I'll add on more money if I need additional images, and I'll tell you what and how many, and tell you how much I can spend.

If you're going to be making a lot of high quality artwork for this game, then I am willing to compensate you for it, as much as I can afford and as much as I need for the game. But initially, you're just volunteering, and you've got to demonstrate your artistic chops to move on to the next level. Since I want all the drawn artwork to match in style, I'd prefer just one artist for the game.

I don't want you to waste a lot of time making stuff for my game if you won't be hired as the artist. So please, don't make anything I didn't ask you to make, unless it's for your own personal fun.

Again, I maintain full discretion whether I use your work or not. But if I say I'll pay you for X, I'll pay you for X. You have my word.

4) Backup co-host

In case Chaotix or myself are unable to continue.

You must have experience hosting a LARGE mafia game that is non-vanilla. This game is far more complicated and far more work than any mafia game ever will be. As such, as a bare minimum, you must be a candidate with experience and dedication to forum gaming. I will not consider you unless you've hosted a complex nonvanilla mafia game with more than 30 people. Otherwise, you have no idea what you're getting into and you will quit. Trust me.

You may join the game as a player, but if a host drops out, you step up and get all the host notes and take over. Volunteers can apply via PM. Show me your body of work and tell me why you want to be a backup cohost.

I maintain full discretion whether I turn this game over to you or not. It's my baby.

How to contribute:

Condense what you're sending me down to a url link. I don't need a whole lot of text to read.

Just links to music, or images, and I'll go through them when I have time. Indicate that this is music or images in the title of the PM

If you're sending me original artistic material and are applying to be the game artist, indicate that in the title of the PM.

If you want to be a backup host, indicate that in the title of the PM

If you don't reduce it down to the links, or use the indicators I've requested, it will make it harder for me, and it will make it less likely I'll use your material.

Askthepizzaguy
09-01-2013, 16:12
Please feel free to subscribe to this thread, Lookie-Lou's, because it will be updated frequently from now until the game begins.

Continuing with the game design phase.

Last game we had a couple too many categories for stats, in my opinion. Seven categories, each with a normal scale of 1-10, but could be increased beyond 10.
Sample stats:

(35/70 points)
Strength: 5
Combat: 5
Vitality: 5
Speed: 5
Stealth: 5
Awareness: 5
Luck: 5

Luck was related to saving throws and finding rare items. I may keep Luck as a category, but I want to decouple it from the new category of "Search" rating. Awareness was related to anti-stealth and finding items, but I want to just simplify this category to "Search", which will be used for both.

I will keep Strength, which will affect melee weapons as well as determine your ability to break down certain barriers. Consider strength to be your ability to move where you want to move even when there's a locked door in your way. Some doors cannot be broken down even with strength, but could conceivably be demolished by other means, or simply unlocked.

Combat will return. This is your ability to hit versus your opponent's ability to dodge.

Vitality is HP, same as before, no HP means you die.

I plan to eliminate Speed as a category for most players. Zombies will be slower, people will be faster, special monsters may be faster, but you cannot alter this category, like you did in the previous game.

Stealth will be a category once again. This affects how well you can hide, which can help you survive, or make surprise attacks and ambushes.

NEW SYSTEM:

Strength-
Combat-
Vitality-
Search-
Stealth-
Speed: 5 - every human will have the same speed. You can no longer alter this category.
Luck: 5 - I will determine your luck rating based on your total available stat points. Fewer points means higher Luck. More points means lower Luck. You can no longer alter this category.

Sample- Basic Townie.

20 distributable points.

Strength- 4
Combat- 4
Vitality- 4
Search- 4
Stealth- 4
--------------
Luck: 7

You my distribute these how you wish, as long as each category has at least 1. Sample-

Strength- 1
Combat- 4
Vitality- 7
Search- 7
Stealth- 1
--------------
Luck: 7

This build means that you'll be able to find things more easily, and survive damage, but won't be very strong or stealthy. You have sub-par combat, but you aren't useless in a fight.

Since you're a basic townie, your luck is higher than average. Which means your odds of surviving otherwise fatal damage are higher than the norm.

Askthepizzaguy
09-01-2013, 16:24
Game design so far.....

MOVEMENT ROUND

Player Movement Choice: [defined above]

A) Walk
B) Run
C) Sprint

Player Action Choice: [defined above]

1) Defend (+1 combat)
2) Hide (Stealth mode)
3) Search

Player Combat Choice: [defined above]

X) Escape
Y) Non-Lethal
Z) Lethal

INTERACTIVE ROUND

=Elective actions- you may do all of these at once, if you wish, plus one of the below options=

You may speak to anyone in the same tile as you.
You may speak to anyone in the tile adjacent to your own.
You may Interact with your environment. See: Interactions.
You may trade items between people in the same tile as you.
You may trade items with anyone in a tile adjacent to you.

=OPTIONS- choose only one=

Prepare an Ambush {If you're hiding}
Search and Destroy
Pursue Target
Attack
Hide
Do nothing

===========================

Strength- 4
Combat- 4
[B]Vitality- 4 [HP]
Search- 4
[B]Stealth- 4 [increases odds of staying hidden while adversaries search for you]
--------------
Speed: 5 [movement rate, which may not at all indicate the number of tiles you can move.... lol I have to see how big the grid is first...]
Luck: 7 [your saving throw. You lose all HP, you get once final throw before you die. If you beat the roll, you are alive with 1HP]

[I]Awareness- no longer exists. Everyone has the same range of sight.

=========================

Items- Many of the same from the previous game, such as healing items.
I will reduce the sheer number of items, however. There was no need for all that diversity.

Weapons- many from the previous game, a bit less diversity. What I'll do is have a general category of weapons with the same stats, so you might have a different looking but identical weapon, but with still enough different weapon stats to make the game interesting. Like the previous game, different weapons may have the same damage rate.

I'll design these last, what's more important are the game mechanics, the setting, the map, the teams, and objectives.

Askthepizzaguy
09-01-2013, 16:40
Interact with Environment

Rough draft

Attempt to break into the building using Strength, and search the building or barricade.
Attempt to break into the building using an item, and search the building or barricade.
Use the key which opens this building, and search the building or barricade.
[B]Climb to the top of the building and barricade yourself against the zombie horde. [I]-Makes escape impossible during combat, may improve your combat against certain enemies like El Gigante-
Barricade yourself inside the building.[I]-Makes escape impossible during combat, may improve your combat against certain enemies like zombies-

And so forth. Exact options determined by location.

Certain buildings will have different barricade ratings for Interior, and Roof.

Some buildings are perfect for repelling a zombie attack. Others, well, not so great.
Some buildings are perfect for repelling a different kind of attacker. Others will crumble to dust with you on top, which is bad news for you.
These ratings will be hidden, but simply inspecting the building will tell you what kind of building it is, and what sort of architecture it has. Then you can make an educated guess. But if the building is more dilapidated than it appears, you could be in for a rough ride.

[Non-buildings]
Sample

Subway- Use the subway car to get to the next subway station. Uses your entire next Movement Round's movement.
Ferry- Use the Ferry to escape Dark Falls. (If not properly prepared, you will die) :evil: Bwahahahahahahaha
Vehicle- Try to enter and start the vehicle.
Crates, containers, etc- Try to break open.

And so forth. Exact options determined by location.

Askthepizzaguy
09-01-2013, 16:59
SCORING/OBJECTIVES
Early draft

Scoring should be based on:

TEAM PERFORMANCE (40%)
INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE (40%)
ACTIVITY (20%)

If your team does well, then you will do better, even if you died early. So it is possible to play selflessly, and try to do anything that helps your team, even at great personal risk. Though living is a good idea.

Your individual performance will be based on what you managed to accomplish during the game, just like last game. Perhaps I will reveal the exact breakdown of your scoring potential before the game begins, so you understand how to maximize your score. Fair warning, some accomplishments are riskier than others, and you could die if you fail...

Your activity guarantees points. If you send in orders every phase, you earn points, period. If you die, you can continue play as a zombie, and continue earning points. And, the zombies will be given opportunities to score just as well as a living human, so it's not the end of the world, but the zombie team has to do well for you to become a top scorer here.

TEAM OBJECTIVES

Townsfolk should have an objective similar to the last game. During the course of the game, townies will die. If they don't die, more and more monsters will enter the playing field until they start dying.

So death is guaranteed to happen. :evil:

The townsfolk, as a group, will get bonus points for the group's overall performance.

1) Number of townies who escape from Dark Falls
2) Number of zombies slain by townies.
3) Mission objectives completed by townies.

The better the team scores, the better each individual townie scores. So, if you slay a ton of zombies and then die, you can help boost the town's overall score.

This is one way you can be selfless in this game and still can has fun.

If you take risks and complete mission objectives, town scores better overall.

INDIVIDUAL OBJECTIVES- "Good" townies.

1) Personally find a method of escape from Dark Falls. (even if you fail, you get points for finding a way out)
2) Escape from Dark Falls.
3) Survive.
4) Slay non-humans.
5) Personally complete a mission objective.
6) Personally obtain a mission-critical item.
7) Unlock a mission-critical building

And so forth.

There will be anti-town teams, with competing objectives, too.

El Barto
09-01-2013, 22:33
Backup co-host? Yes. I've hosted a few nightmare games already, never more than 40 players. Once I was very mean and cruuel and made almost all my players be survivors. And it was a zombie game.

Uploader of pictures? I can lend you my Picasa which is very handy for resizings.

Zombies in hospitals? I happen to have a copy of the game Blood. In it there are zombies. And a couple hospital levels. And decapitated bodies. And entrails. And a doomsday cult focused on taking over the world and worshipping a god of darkness. And more entrails. And more blood.
It really lises up to its name. (https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=blood+gameplay+monolith) I could get some screenshots.

Also, phirst.

Zack
09-02-2013, 19:42
I will try to play this.

TheLastDays
09-02-2013, 19:45
Is this also where I say I just want to play... All I've hosted is Small Gamesand only 2, I suck at drawing and am rather incompetent when it comes to anything else that you're looking for but I'll make good cannon fodder for the game :yes:

Askthepizzaguy
09-22-2013, 17:41
Town
Umbrella
SynTech
Zombie Horde
Serial Killer
Unknown Faction 1
Unknown Faction 2

These are the Factions for Resident Evil 2

Town- The survivors of the outbreak in Southgate, Montana. Although they were not transformed into zombies, something terrible did happen to them, and in order to escape from Southgate, they must complete certain mission objectives, and then, locate and gain access to the exits. They will be attacked by zombies and other hostile forces in the meanwhile. They have individual scores and a team score.

Individual score: Were you active, did you send in orders, did you continue playing as a zombie if you died, did you defeat other players or NPCs, did you find items, unlock doors, or complete mission objectives, did you free yourself, did you escape.

Team score: Mission objectives completed, number of survivors at end of game.

Umbrella- Operatives which have infiltrated SynTech systems in order to counter-strike them after the events of Dark Falls. Their primary objective is to obtain certain items, defeat SynTech operatives, and escape with their prize.

Individual score: Were you active, did you send in orders, did you continue playing as a zombie if you died, did you defeat other players or NPCs, did you find items, unlock doors, or complete mission objectives, did you escape.

Team score: Mission objectives completed, number of survivors at end of game, number of deceased SynTech operatives.

SynTech- Mystery surrounds their activities here in Southgate. What is known is that they are behind the development of a terrifying new breed of bio-weaponry, and are rivals of Umbrella Corp.

Individual score: Were you active, did you send in orders, did you continue playing as a zombie if you died, did you defeat other players or NPCs, did you find items, unlock doors, or complete mission objectives, did you escape.

Team score: Mission objectives completed, number of survivors at end of game, number of deceased Umbrella operatives.

Zombie Horde- Their objective is to cause the fewest number of total survivors and escapees possible.

Zombies will be scored individually, adding to their score from when they were alive. There will be a bonus given depending on the success of the zombie horde in completing its objective.

Serial Killer: There is only one mission: Kill anyone and everyone.

There is no team score. Each SK is scored individually.

Unknown Factions: These are meant to be surprises.

Makrell
09-25-2013, 17:57
but all factions are secret, unless youre dead and a zombie yes? Or are there different teams rummaging around, with umbrella and syntech and so forth?

Askthepizzaguy
09-25-2013, 18:43
but all factions are secret, unless youre dead and a zombie yes? Or are there different teams rummaging around, with umbrella and syntech and so forth?

If you are a survivor (Town) then the identity of everyone else is a mystery to you. You also don't ordinarily know where they are.

If you are a Serial Killer, you can identify other serial killers on sight, but otherwise don't know who or where they are.

If you are Umbrella, you know who all your partners are, and where they are, at all times. You can also ID SynTech operatives on sight. You just don't know who or where they are.

If you are SynTech, you know who all your partners are, and where they are, at all times. You can also ID Umbrella operatives on sight. You just don't know who or where they are.

If you are a zombie, you know where all the zombies are at all times, and who is within visual range of the zombie horde.

If you are a member of one of the hidden factions, you know who your partner(s) are, and where they are, at all times.

AntiDamascus
09-26-2013, 15:19
This looks fun but I have no idea if I can wrap my head around this. I'm going to read these threads while at work. Is something that someone with essentially no experience in a game like this can be a part of?

Visor
09-26-2013, 16:18
This looks fun but I have no idea if I can wrap my head around this. I'm going to read these threads while at work. Is something that someone with essentially no experience in a game like this can be a part of?

Short answer: Yes.

Long Answer: Also yes.

You know as much as the rest of us.

Askthepizzaguy
09-26-2013, 16:18

Yes, because almost every player in the previous game which had 62 players had no experience with a battle-royale style game, and I had absolutely zero experience hosting one.

More about the map and the game mechanics will be posted soon, and I will be available to answer questions.

TIME REQUIREMENTS: Every 3 days or so, you'll need to send me a private message indicating which action to take.

This PM can be as small as a couple sentences.

You may also wish to interact with players who are within communications range (1 tile, or an active com link with the player in question, host-approved only).

It should only take a few minutes to read what happened in the public writeup, open your results PM, and discuss things with available parties. Then, you have a couple days to decide what to do next.

This is less difficult for players than a traditional mafia game would be, because there's no public discussion. Therefore the player's time requirements are small. The host, on the other hand, is utterly insane for doing this a second time.

===================

General playing tips:

1) You need to do everything you plan on doing within 20-25 moves, because after that, the zombie horde will be too massive and they will be everywhere, and much more vicious as time progresses.

2) The longer the game progresses, the more survivors die and become zombies. Less allies, more enemies.

3) It is impossible to survive forever in Southgate. Eventually, a nuclear weapon will level the city, but the zombies will destroy everything alive long before then.

4) No matter how powerful you or your group of survivors becomes, the zombie horde will become that much more difficult to compensate.

5) You cannot explore every section of the map before time expires. Some things you have to leave for your teammates and you mustn't dawdle too much in going to your next objective.

6) Searching can yield better weapons, healing items, and very important, critical mission related items. Neglecting search is not advisable.

7) Searching can also reveal additional zombies, with a small percentage chance of that. Accordingly, if you are near death, searching can be a death sentence.

8) Accumulating health items can be a great idea, you can trade them to others, along with any items or weapons you don't need. This helps the players around you and makes it more likely someone survives the game. Other players might be more willing to give you weapons and items you need if it's not a one-way deal.

9) As soon as you complete your most critical objectives (freeing oneself, more on that later) (find an escape route) then you should attempt to leave southgate post-haste. Lingering in the city increases your risk of death, and escape + survival is much better score-wise than not escaping and not surviving.

=================

Sign-ups should open at end of october. Keep an eye on the thread.

Double A
09-27-2013, 02:46
vote: Zack

Actually, I bet Zack will win this, just to spite everyone who has ever killed or voted for him for no reason.

Zack
09-27-2013, 03:54
vote: Zack

Actually, I bet Zack will win this, just to spite everyone who has ever killed or voted for him for no reason.
As if I can just press a button and win?

Montmorency
09-27-2013, 04:06
The game is up.

Double A
09-27-2013, 13:30
As if I can just press a button and win?

No, 100 buttons, give or take about 20.

Jolt
09-27-2013, 21:37
General playing tips:

1) You need to do everything you plan on doing within 20-25 moves, because after that, the zombie horde will be too massive and they will be everywhere, and much more vicious as time progresses.

2) The longer the game progresses, the more survivors die and become zombies. Less allies, more enemies.

3) It is impossible to survive forever in Southgate. Eventually, a nuclear weapon will level the city, but the zombies will destroy everything alive long before then.

4) No matter how powerful you or your group of survivors becomes, the zombie horde will become that much more difficult to compensate.

5) You cannot explore every section of the map before time expires. Some things you have to leave for your teammates and you mustn't dawdle too much in going to your next objective.

6) Searching can yield better weapons, healing items, and very important, critical mission related items. Neglecting search is not advisable.

7) Searching can also reveal additional zombies, with a small percentage chance of that. Accordingly, if you are near death, searching can be a death sentence.

8) Accumulating health items can be a great idea, you can trade them to others, along with any items or weapons you don't need. This helps the players around you and makes it more likely someone survives the game. Other players might be more willing to give you weapons and items you need if it's not a one-way deal.

9) As soon as you complete your most critical objectives (freeing oneself, more on that later) (find an escape route) then you should attempt to leave southgate post-haste. Lingering in the city increases your risk of death, and escape + survival is much better score-wise than not escaping and not surviving.

As one of the few experts in surviving the game:

Read 9), forget about everything else.

Search for stuff until you or your group that you can (Hopefully) trust have enough documents that explain how to escape the city (Where to get a certain item that you need to escape through a section of the city). Once you know that, grab your group and do that, and forget about everything else. Don't help other parties unless they want to stick around you to make your group stronger, don't waste valuable turns in military bases searching for weapons, don't dilly dally, nothing. Look at the first game, 13 people out of 60 escaped.

1) Find escape route
2) Move to where needed items for escape route are
3) Get needed items
4) Move to escape route
5) Escape

Askthepizzaguy
09-27-2013, 21:52
This game will not allow you to escape through any escape route whatsoever until you accomplish the primary objective:

"Free yourself"

You cannot move outside of the boundaries of the map unless you have first done something which accomplishes this intentionally-vague (but will be revealed through the course of the narrative) primary objective.

Until you figure out how to do this, you are doomed to be trapped in Southgate until you die, and you will die. Mark my words.

El Barto
09-27-2013, 22:02
And in any case you can just vote:Askthepizzaguy. He is always the mafia.

Montmorency
09-27-2013, 22:06
Holy :daisy:, we have to apprehend the Logos to escape? At that point, it's not like anything could stop us anyway...

Askthepizzaguy
09-27-2013, 22:14
In the last game, a few survivors escaped by way of Tank.

So yeah, you could apprehend something. Good luck finding the keys.

Askthepizzaguy
09-28-2013, 02:37
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?145700-Resident-Evil-2-Invitational&p=2053550981&viewfull=1#post2053550981

LOL check out the thing I did with the plot synopsis. I put it directly underneath the theme song and now it scrolls upwards in theatrical fashion.

This game is gonna be so awesome.

Askthepizzaguy
09-28-2013, 06:40
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7434/9976415914_63a6a86271_o.png (http://www.flickr.com/photos/7965762@N07/9976415914/)

Cyberdrive Manufacturing Plant- Top Left corner, 5x6 tiles
Weapons testing range- Top east bank of the river, 1x7 tiles, behind the barrier
SynTech Systems Research Facility- Top Right corner, 6x3 tiles
Mercy Hospital- Blue cross building, west bank of river, 6 tiles irregular shape
Church of the Holy Savior- Center of map, east bank, 2x2 tiles
South Gate- Bottom of map, slightly on right, 2 tiles.
South River- snakes through entire map (impenetrable except by bridges)
Burning Train- Entire left hand side of map and partially on top (impassable)
United States Army Base- 6x3, south of SynTech Facility
Southgate Arena- Bottom right, 3x3 tiles, east bank
Mall of Montana- Right side middle, 10 tiles irregular shape
Southgate University- 3x3 tiles, Bottom right, west bank
Gated community- 5x4 tiles, Bottom left [INCOMPLETE]
Townhouse district- Bottom edge of map
Downtown office district- Center of Map [INCOMPLETE]
Downtown shopping plaza- North of University, East bank of the river (north side) [INCOMPLETE]
Commercial district- East of Church, Southwest of Church [INCOMPLETE]
Warehouse district- South of Manufacturing Plant, West bank of river, next to rail [INCOMPLETE]
Industrial Park- North side of map, east and west banks. [INCOMPLETE]
Residential apartment district- East bank of river, southwest side of map, near radio station [INCOMPLETE]
Parks and riverfront district- Along the banks of the river.
Graveyard- 2x2, Left side of map, east bank of river, Center
Southgate elementary- 2x4, Southwest portion of map, in red.
Sanitarium for the mentally ill- 2x3, north side of river across from school
Maximum security prison- Southwest of Hosptial, across the river.
KILM Radio Broadcast Station- Middle/left side of map, near Residential Apartment District
Police Station- (Not pictured yet) [INCOMPLETE]
City Hall- (Not pictured yet) [INCOMPLETE]
Water treatment facility- 2x1, top, center, east side of river
Subway stations (4) [SEE MAP LEGEND]
Elevated rail stations (3) [SEE MAP LEGEND]
Gas station (1) [SEE MAP LEGEND]

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5465/9976522026_e0fbc15b7e_o.png (http://www.flickr.com/photos/7965762@N07/9976522026/)

El Barto
09-28-2013, 23:23
Erm… kawaiii?

Ibn-Khaldun
09-30-2013, 02:03
I've been waiting for this for a long time. Missed the RE1 game but really would like to play this one.

AntiDamascus
09-30-2013, 04:14
I get the feeling I'll just be watching this one.

Askthepizzaguy
09-30-2013, 06:54
I get the feeling I'll just be watching this one.

Have you decided that you wanted to be part of the game yet?

Because of the commitment to play requirement, I would definitely ask you to be sure you want to play if you request an invite.

There's still space available and it looks more and more like it may not fill completely, so if you want in, and are sure you want in, request an invite. :D

AntiDamascus
09-30-2013, 17:24
Reading the other threads and the rules I dunno. It looks fun though. If you're ok with me being a complete idiot while playing this game I'm down. This means I either die first or I'm the first one out alive or something.

Jarema
10-01-2013, 06:48
If you're ok with me being a complete idiot while playing this game....
No, that's my spot!

El Barto
10-01-2013, 18:47
Calm down, children. *Looks at Jarrema* I hope you brought enough idiocy for everyone, young man.

Jarema
10-02-2013, 08:08
here, old one. Please, take some

Seon
10-02-2013, 23:14
By the way I stopped playing NotW and mafia and whatnot very seriously because I ran out of people to talk to ourside of the thread. Where do you people go to talk to behind other people's backs these days?

Zack
10-03-2013, 02:13
Where do you people go to talk to behind other people's backs these days?
ur mom

johnhughthom
10-03-2013, 02:16
Flip sake, why did no one tell me? I've still been visiting Double A's mom, I wondered where everyone had gone.

Zack
10-03-2013, 04:27
Flip sake, why did no one tell me? I've still been visiting Double A's mom, I wondered where everyone had gone.
Oh, AA's mom isn't for talking...

Askthepizzaguy
10-03-2013, 04:39
VIP LIST

Makrell- APPROVED
Zack- APPROVED
BSMith- APPROVED
Tiaexz- APPROVED
Ironside- APPROVED
Jarema- APPROVED
Darth Feather- APPROVED
Ferret- APPROVED
Ishmael- APPROVED
Choxorn- APPROVED
Autolycus- APPROVED
EL BARTO- APPROVED
Gaius Scribonius Curio- APPROVED
issaikhaan- APPROVED
White_Eyes:D - APPROVED
TheLastDays- APPROVED
Double A- APPROVED
Montmorency- APPROVED
johnhughthom- APPROVED
Backwards Logic- APPROVED
Jolt- APPROVED
Seon- APPROVED
UncleDynamite- APPROVED
Visorslash- APPROVED
Frozen in ice- APPROVED
Stuck in Pi- APPROVED
Stildawn- APPROVED
Andres- APPROVED
Naut (formerly Psychonaut)- APPROVED
AntiDamascus- APPROVED

Anyone else reading this thread want a formal invite? PM me.

Askthepizzaguy
10-03-2013, 04:40
I see a number of lookie-lous viewing this thread.

Come on, surely you want in?

Stildawn
10-03-2013, 06:14
Did you get my PM PizzaGuy?

Askthepizzaguy
10-03-2013, 08:50
Did you get my PM PizzaGuy?

Yes, just been very sick. Everyone needs to give me some time to respond to anything complicated.

johnhughthom
10-03-2013, 08:54
You stopped wearing your orthopenic shoes, didn't you?

Askthepizzaguy
10-03-2013, 09:10
You stopped wearing your orthopenic shoes, didn't you?

Nearly flew straight to the moon this time. Still holding on for dear life.

(Note to all: inside joke)

Jarema
10-03-2013, 10:34
I wish you'll get well soon.

naut
10-03-2013, 14:56
Nearly flew straight to the moon this time. Still holding on for dear life.

(Note to all: inside joke)

Did you hear the one about the nature reserve?

Sorry, outside joke.

Stildawn
10-03-2013, 20:49
Yes, just been very sick. Everyone needs to give me some time to respond to anything complicated.

Haha all good hope your feeling better

GeneralHankerchief
10-04-2013, 00:06
Just a heads-up to people, I'm probably going to run another Rock/Paper/Scissors tournament for the folks who die early here, so don't disappear right away! :yes:

Stildawn
10-04-2013, 00:52
I believe I came second in one of those once lol.

AntiDamascus
10-04-2013, 01:32
Just a heads-up to people, I'm probably going to run another Rock/Paper/Scissors tournament for the folks who die early here, so don't disappear right away! :yes:

What does that mean? Can I be Spock?

El Barto
10-04-2013, 01:34
Don't let askthepizzadude incorporate it into the game.

Visor
10-04-2013, 01:35
Title defence time.

El Barto
10-04-2013, 02:51
And what will be the title of your defence?

johnhughthom
10-04-2013, 02:56
"She told me she was 18"

TheLastDays
10-04-2013, 07:20
"I know the Justin Bieber posters should have given it away"

Askthepizzaguy
10-04-2013, 11:45
WHAT is a Justinbieber?

It sounds like some kind of fancy toilet.

Double A
10-04-2013, 13:33
It is one of those things.

Hint: It's not the first one.

Askthepizzaguy
10-06-2013, 12:59
VIP LIST

Makrell- APPROVED
Zack- APPROVED
BSMith- APPROVED
Tiaexz- APPROVED
Ironside- APPROVED
Jarema- APPROVED
Darth Feather- APPROVED
Ferret- APPROVED
Ishmael- APPROVED
Choxorn- APPROVED
Autolycus- APPROVED
EL BARTO- APPROVED
issaikhaan- APPROVED
TheLastDays- APPROVED
Double A- APPROVED
Montmorency- APPROVED
johnhughthom- APPROVED
Jolt- APPROVED
Seon- APPROVED
UncleDynamite- APPROVED
Visorslash- APPROVED
Frozen in ice- APPROVED
Stuck in Pi- APPROVED
Stildawn- APPROVED
Andres- APPROVED
AntiDamascus- APPROVED

Winston Highes- APPROVED
Ibn-Khaldun- APPROVED
gnarlycharlie- APPROVED
Jrodd- GOAT

Askthepizzaguy
10-06-2013, 12:59
17 spots remain, and I believe I have a few nibbles. We're probably going to be at 37 very shortly.

Jrodd
10-06-2013, 18:15
Hey, taking one of those spots. My high post count on here means i'm the GOAT obv :P

Askthepizzaguy
10-06-2013, 18:18
Hey, taking one of those spots. My high post count on here means i'm the GOAT obv :P

GOAT because you took my advice and switched to The Guild forum skin, not the default/Shogun skin.

SHOGUN SKIN SUCKS! The Guild has always been the superior skin!

Gosh that sounds like hidden racism, but it's not! These are the facts: The Guild >>>>> TWS2

Ibn-Khaldun
10-06-2013, 23:30
I agree.. The Guild is better than any other skin!

El Barto
10-07-2013, 01:23
Indeed, The Guild is an excellent series to watch. And a forum skin as well.

Zack
10-07-2013, 01:54
Morbid is the best. The Guild looks like poop, figuratively and literally.

El Barto
10-07-2013, 02:07
Well you should know.

Visor
10-07-2013, 02:45

You're from 2p2?

Askthepizzaguy
10-07-2013, 17:06
He is from 2+2. Personally invited by me, so you know he's gotta be decent.

UncleDynamite is also from 2+2 with a personal invite. Candidates from 2+2 were vetted thoroughly before being invited to play.

Visor
10-07-2013, 17:22
He is from 2+2. Personally invited by me, so you know he's gotta be decent.

UncleDynamite is also from 2+2 with a personal invite. Candidates from 2+2 were vetted thoroughly before being invited to play.

Just curious as to who he is. I don't remember a jrodd, hence the question.

White_eyes:D
10-07-2013, 17:27
I realize that I should have asked these earlier...but I have two questions about the game balance.:book2:

One is, if there well be scanners like in the first game. If so, that is kinda hacks because I recall joining a group that had one last game and if I had not turned near the end, all of us in that group would have escaped without incident.(No epic Wishazu ownage at the end if there wasn't though...)~:handball:

The second is, if anything like one player being unfortunately picked out like GH was for a rather unwelcome fate.:sweatdrop:

Edit: For point one what I mean is that it was easy to gain trust with it...you could tell if someone was turning or had evil intentions.

Ironside
10-08-2013, 09:46
I realize that I should have asked these earlier...but I have two questions about the game balance.:book2:

One is, if there well be scanners like in the first game. If so, that is kinda hacks because I recall joining a group that had one last game and if I had not turned near the end, all of us in that group would have escaped without incident.(No epic Wishazu ownage at the end if there wasn't though...)~:handball:

The second is, if anything like one player being unfortunately picked out like GH was for a rather unwelcome fate.:sweatdrop:

Edit: For point one what I mean is that it was easy to gain trust with it...you could tell if someone was turning or had evil intentions.

If you had met us at the endgame alone you'd be suspicious anyway. Three heavily armoured "police officers" just strolling around. Meeting us midgame with a detective would be a death penalty (we had faked cover roles that the detective would eventually see through and we knew this). It works more as a conflict sparker than anything else. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it triggers an unwanted battle. We could identify Leon and Umbrella people on spot, Umbrella was objective, while Leon was a threat.
I don't think anyone could always detect turning though, only if the person refused to turn at first. I do know that the surviving townie, that we had space to carry on the helicopter turned and ran away. Or was informed about being able to turn, ran away and turned.

The second is probably a secret, but something monstrous is returning. The plagas faction did well in the last game iirc, I think they came third, mostly after getting mauled by us. The queen in human form was quite weak iirc.

Jarema
10-08-2013, 14:01
I loved plagas idea when I was reading about last game. I want something similar here :)

Double A
10-08-2013, 15:19
I don't, because they were scary as hell. Resident Evil isn't supposed to be scary.

10-08-2013, 16:13
If you had met us at the endgame alone you'd be suspicious anyway. Three heavily armoured "police officers" just strolling around. Meeting us midgame with a detective would be a death penalty (we had faked cover roles that the detective would eventually see through and we knew this). You more then likely would have got most of your team killed then, this was the same team that killed the "PAIN Las Plagas" with no real difficulty(I ever flashed banged them).:clown: I had to lure one of their group out to kill him, and it took a horde of zombies on "feeding frenzy" mode to kill him.:sweatdrop:

Point is that the detective was one of the most well-protected townies to the end of the game...I ever stole some weapons off them and they still let me join their group because I could be scanned and was not outright scum. The other person I was with, they told to go away or die.:laugh4:

El Barto
10-08-2013, 17:17
I don't, because they were scary as hell. Resident Evil isn't supposed to be scary.
Milla Jovovich doesn't scare you?

Double A
10-08-2013, 19:45
Milla Jovovich doesn't scare you?

Eastern Europeanness takes precedence over really everything else.

Ironside
10-08-2013, 23:53
You more then likely would have got most of your team killed then, this was the same team that killed the "PAIN Las Plagas" with no real difficulty(I ever flashed banged them).:clown: I had to lure one of their group out to kill him, and it took a horde of zombies on "feeding frenzy" mode to kill him.:sweatdrop:

Point is that the detective was one of the most well-protected townies to the end of the game...I ever stole some weapons off them and they still let me join their group because I could be scanned and was not outright scum. The other person I was with, they told to go away or die.:laugh4:

We killed the queen in one round I think... And two plagas and then 3 tyrant spawn later on, even if we didn't get the killing blow on all. Now Leon did have massive damage output and could probably kill 1-2 of us in 2 rounds, if slighly lucky. And he was pretty much the only scary thing left. The odds for anyone against us to survive more than one round was minimal. We had total damage output of 26 and 10, 10, 8 in combat. Him in a tank was scary, but that alone wouldn't been enough, unless he got very lucky. When we killed the queen, we had 22 damage I think, we didn't have the minigun yet.

Let me put it this way, in the biggest people battle (I think there was a larger zombie horde at some point); 16 went in (to be fair 6 npc zombies), 4 went out. 3 of them were systech mercs.

I do have some of the old stat mails left. I was hardest to kill with 10 combat, 7 luck (I'm not sure if I had a vest, then it should be 9) and 7 vit. Wis (aka Leon) had a good sword and stats to boost it, so he did 2 attacks 5 damage and had 66% shot of a third attack. He had 7 in combat.
So his average damage would be 10+5*0.66=13.3. My damage reduction would be 13.3*0.35 (chance to hit)*0.51 (luck)=2.37, so about 3 rounds to kill me.

Didn't FH maul the townie squad quite badly when transforming? And make Wis paranoid enough that he killed a townie?

Jolt
10-09-2013, 01:03
If you had met us at the endgame alone you'd be suspicious anyway. Three heavily armoured "police officers" just strolling around. Meeting us midgame with a detective would be a death penalty (we had faked cover roles that the detective would eventually see through and we knew this). It works more as a conflict sparker than anything else. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it triggers an unwanted battle. We could identify Leon and Umbrella people on spot, Umbrella was objective, while Leon was a threat.
I don't think anyone could always detect turning though, only if the person refused to turn at first. I do know that the surviving townie, that we had space to carry on the helicopter turned and ran away. Or was informed about being able to turn, ran away and turned.

The second is probably a secret, but something monstrous is returning. The plagas faction did well in the last game iirc, I think they came third, mostly after getting mauled by us. The queen in human form was quite weak iirc.

Well, when me and the doctor met your group, and you were also carrying a number of unaffiliated townies around with you, we (Me, the doctor and other two I can't remember who they were) knew that you weren't typical policemen, and we did briefly discuss attacking you (Mainly out of fear of a likely prospective betrayal) but we decided against it since you were going to give me the Metal Detector (Which I wasn't sure if it only worked for one person or for everyone) that I needed, and because we were badly armed and you were armed to the teeth, and once the 2/3 mini-tyrants came before the bridge crossing to the Military Base, most of my trusted group died, so I was forced to stick around to you and hope you'd give me the Metal Detector so I could make my escape close-by. Luckily, it all worked out fine, but with people dieing left and right, I wasn't too sure I was gonna make it.

Besides, I think the biggest battle in the game was with the big group vs El Gigante on the bridge. ATPG?

10-09-2013, 05:58
I do have some of the old stat mails left. I was hardest to kill with 10 combat, 7 luck (I'm not sure if I had a vest, then it should be 9) and 7 vit. Wis (aka Leon) had a good sword and stats to boost it, so he did 2 attacks 5 damage and had 66% shot of a third attack. He had 7 in combat.
So his average damage would be 10+5*0.66=13.3. My damage reduction would be 13.3*0.35 (chance to hit)*0.51 (luck)=2.37, so about 3 rounds to kill me.

It saddens me to see how much the other players didn't see how exploitable the "Speed" stat was...all it ever is is "Combat skill...all about the combat skill".:no:

There is a very good reason why every players speed stat is now 10...I had a speed stat of 13 by last games end and unless someone had a sniper or something, I could just avoid them or if I had to fight them I had a ton of combat rounds to kill them in. A Combat of 10 with a speed of 1, would pretty much be a death sentence unless they were in a group. I could outrun the tank Wiz was in, but I made several mistakes which cost the Zombie horde badly...and Wiz crushed me badly for that.:shame:

Ironside
10-09-2013, 09:32
It saddens me to see how much the other players didn't see how exploitable the "Speed" stat was...all it ever is is "Combat skill...all about the combat skill".:no:

There is a very good reason why every players speed stat is now 10...I had a speed stat of 13 by last games end and unless someone had a sniper or something, I could just avoid them or if I had to fight them I had a ton of combat rounds to kill them in. A Combat of 10 with a speed of 1, would pretty much be a death sentence unless they were in a group. I could outrun the tank Wiz was in, but I made several mistakes which cost the Zombie horde badly...and Wiz crushed me badly for that.:shame:

I didn't know that the omega also was bumped to 13 in their primary stat? I knew the tyrants (queen spawn) was. Speed was good with a good melee weapon, decent combat and preferbly some strength on that, but speed was better at running away than anything else. Also remember that we started as a team and expected heavy combat.

I mean 13 combat vs 6 combat => 15% hit chance. Sure having 2 extra attacks/round is great, but you also need to hit with it. Compare 4 rounds with 15% hit chance vs 2 rounds with 85% hit chance. Or even better 10 combat 1 speed, vs 10 speed 1 combat. Even if the 10 speed guy get 10 attacks/round vs 1 attack, he'll lose.

Speed doesn't win out on a certain hit until combat 10 vs 8 with a 2 attacks/round melee weapon, even if potential burst damage is certainly higher.

Being able to pick your battles are great, but you still need to win when engaging. Luck was a pretty crazy stat though, that one I understand why it'll get locked. I think the tank gave 10 speed. I know that Wis had 7 in speed normally.

10-09-2013, 17:28
I mean 13 combat vs 6 combat => 15% hit chance. Sure having 2 extra attacks/round is great, but you also need to hit with it. Compare 4 rounds with 15% hit chance vs 2 rounds with 85% hit chance. Or even better 10 combat 1 speed, vs 10 speed 1 combat. Even if the 10 speed guy get 10 attacks/round vs 1 attack, he'll lose. The weapon I had pretty much guaranteed my victory against someone with 10 combat but 1 speed...:book2:

Army Rifle

Damage: 2 vitality point per combat round.
Speed: 3 bullet per combat round.
Reload: Can fire 30 rounds before reloading (useless during the next 15 minutes)

Removes 1 luck points from the target during a combat round, indicating greater accuracy and critical hits.

Sad part was, I gave it away before I "turned" to that group to gain there trust after stealing from them, that backfired big time. I also only had +1 added to my speed when I went Omega...I had 12 before from speed herbs...and a luck one as well. I still think everyone was crazy to fight El Gigante when almost everyone who did died...not to mention every SK/Zombie/Las Plagas knew they were there, like some giant hunk of meat hanging near the bridge...:laugh4:

Yeah...you can tell I favor running away and only fighting when given no choice.:bounce:

Ironside
10-09-2013, 18:40
The weapon I had pretty much guaranteed my victory against someone with 10 combat but 1 speed...:book2:

Sad part was, I gave it away before I "turned" to that group to gain there trust after stealing from them, that backfired big time. I also only had +1 added to my speed when I went Omega...I had 12 before from speed herbs...and a luck one as well. I still think everyone was crazy to fight El Gigante when almost everyone who did died...not to mention every SK/Zombie/Las Plagas knew they were there, like some giant hunk of meat hanging near the bridge...:laugh4:

Yeah...you can tell I favor running away and only fighting when given no choice.:bounce:

Impressive, I think you were the only human to get 12 in a stat.

iirc ranged weapons didn't get a speed bonus, only melee weapons. And that makes sense. So that's a 6 damage/round weapon, both for you and the 1 speed player. Now, there was a 3/2 melee weapon that you could turn into 3/4+whatever strength bonus you had (+1 and you had the highest damage potential for one player actually). Still, do you remember your combat rating? Really, 40% and below hit rating is horrible. It stops being reliable (if you ever played Battle for Wesnoth you really know that).

I don't remember what happened to the El Gigante surviviors though, me and CB joined up at the bridge and bypassed him on our way to the objective.

It depends on the role and stat determination on what I favour. I do tend stand and fight, but the role rules most. It is possible that I've would done a high speed char if I was a townie, but as a merc, with combat objectives+searching mission in a high danger area, high speed at loss of combat would've been a stupid idea.
I was in 6 battles and never took damage.

Jolt, since I did reread your qt a bit, we did tell our stats exactly for scare effect (since we suspected that townies could be scared, thus stupid, but not suecidal), but I'm surprised you had Psycho(naut) at 8 and not a bluffed 10. Could someone scan stats or was it shown combat calculations or something that gave it? Wis pushed most for the battle, since he was the only one with an objective to take us out.

Rereading the game thread, there wasn't that many that attacked El Gigante, the biggest battle there was taking down a serial killer, that killed most (all?) opponents. That was a 5 man battle.

Zain
10-11-2013, 22:59
Stumbling upon this thread, and with a quick PM to ATPG, I find myself accepted as a competitor in this epic. Dare I say, I'm excited for the carnage! :2thumbsup:

Askthepizzaguy
10-12-2013, 09:17
VIP LIST

Makrell- APPROVED
Zack- APPROVED
BSMith- APPROVED
Tiaexz- APPROVED
Ironside- APPROVED
Jarema- APPROVED
Darth Feather- APPROVED
Ferret- APPROVED
Ishmael- APPROVED
Choxorn- APPROVED
Autolycus- APPROVED
El Barto- APPROVED
issaikhaan- APPROVED
TheLastDays- APPROVED
Double A- APPROVED
Montmorency- APPROVED
johnhughthom- APPROVED
Jolt- APPROVED
Seon- APPROVED
UncleDynamite- APPROVED
Visorslash- APPROVED
Frozen in ice- APPROVED
Stuck in Pi- APPROVED
Stildawn- APPROVED
Andres- APPROVED
AntiDamascus- APPROVED

Winston Hughes- APPROVED
Ibn-Khaldun- APPROVED
gnarlycharlie- APPROVED
Zain- APPROVED
JRodd- APPROVED

Askthepizzaguy
10-12-2013, 09:20
Space for only 15 more hopefuls.

Gonna want to start asking to gain entry if you haven't already, peoples. Still a bunch of space left after VIP invites went out, but when open sign-ups begin, the remaining slots will fill rapidly.

El Barto
10-13-2013, 00:42
Why is choxorn in a different colour? I'll simply have to vote him for the lynch on Day One.

Zack
10-13-2013, 00:44
Why is choxorn in a different colour?
He's not...?

Visor
10-13-2013, 00:45
He's not...?

He is, cd not ff. Quote the post and see for yourself.

El Barto
10-13-2013, 00:47
It's very hard to tell, but chox has a darker shade of blue.

Jolt
10-13-2013, 03:58
Why is choxorn in a different colour? I'll simply have to vote him for the lynch on Day One.

Well, we have found our new Plaga King/Queen. :)

Askthepizzaguy
10-13-2013, 07:35
You can all chalk that up to a very very mild colorblindness on Askthepizzaguy's part.

I cannot see the difference on my screen at all. It means precisely zip, as I won't rand the characters until I get 50 players.

Jarema
10-13-2013, 08:15
No-one can SEE the difference, but when you quote your list... number of color is different :)

It is not so apparent, so it must be VERY important...

Ironside
10-13-2013, 16:16
No-one can SEE the difference, but when you quote your list... number of color is different :)

It is not so apparent, so it must be VERY important...

It's visible. I think the town mercs had that colour in the old game, while the rest of the town had the other blue. Town hero evidently.

I'm not sure, because ATPG deletes the older list, but I think Choxorn was pending before he ended up with the different colour.

Zack
10-13-2013, 20:22
It's very hard to tell, but chox has a darker shade of blue.
Do you quote every post you see, or something? Or scan each word for every minute detail? How the hell did you notice that?

Double A
10-14-2013, 03:41
It's only visible to those who can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Zack
10-14-2013, 03:46
It's only visible to those who can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
Sauron cannot see why (I know at least choxorn will get this reference - maybe Takhisis).

Speaking of Sauron, you should all click the link in my sig. /shamelessplug

Double A
10-14-2013, 14:47
I don't think shameless plugs are appropriate topics in public forums where the minimum age to join is under 18.

Zain
10-15-2013, 01:58
Estimated time of inception?

El Barto
10-15-2013, 02:19
Do you quote every post you see, or something? Or scan each word for every minute detail? How the hell did you notice that?
I'm simply that awesome.

Sauron cannot see why (I know at least choxorn will get this reference - maybe Takhisis).
I'm under the influence of something that probably is used as a horse tranquiliser, but I think you mean
that Sauron is a big red eye

Speaking of Sauron, you should all click the link in my sig. /shamelessplug
It's OK to plug your game.

Zack
10-15-2013, 03:40
I'm under the influence of something that probably is used as a horse tranquiliser, but I think you mean
that Sauron is a big red eye
No, I'm referencing something specific from 3.5 - 4 years ago on CFC. choxorn would know what I'm talking about.

El Barto
10-15-2013, 19:13
I'm still under horse tranquiliser-like medication. PM me the details, I'll probably remember it when this thing wears off.

Or, you know, I will ask Takhisis.

Zack
10-15-2013, 20:25
It was in choxorn's CFC signature for awhile.

Beefy187
10-21-2013, 09:46
Hey guys.

I came to kill some zombies.
Am I on the right thread?

Jolt
10-21-2013, 13:00
Yes! Yes you are! *high-fives*

I came here to kill zombies and chew bubble gum.

And I'm all out of bubble gum, bullets, weapons in general, medicine, stats, and health.

Double A
10-21-2013, 14:16
Hey guys.

vote: Beefy <3

Ironside
10-21-2013, 14:46
Hey guys.

Nope, this is the "getting killed horribly by zombies, revive as a zombie and then kill others in turn"-tread.

Askthepizzaguy
10-21-2013, 14:48

And I'm all out of bubble gum, bullets, weapons in general, medicine, stats, and health.

:laugh4:

Zack
10-21-2013, 20:00

I'm gonna take some zombies to the bank.

TO THE BLOOD BANK. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jji78uEW14)

Askthepizzaguy
10-21-2013, 21:33
Oh my god, Steven Seagull. Why anyone would find him entertaining is beyond my power.

Zack
10-21-2013, 21:39
Oh my god, Steven Seagull. Why anyone would find him entertaining is beyond my power.
I love that line I posted. It's the perfect storm of 80s action movie, Seagal, and cheesy all in one line. And it's not even from an 80s action movie.

Askthepizzaguy
10-21-2013, 21:47
You could make a Steven Seagal movie by just obtaining a very large block of cheese and putting a black jacket on it and a pony tail, and then propping up signs with badly written one liners on it. Edit in some explosions and fist punching noises, if you want to be thorough, but quite honestly its not even necessary.

Double A
10-21-2013, 22:57
Why would I not want that?

Askthepizzaguy
10-24-2013, 06:13
VIP LIST

Jarema (from the Org)- APPROVED
Double A (from the Org)- APPROVED
johnhughthom (from TWC)- APPROVED

Bona fide replacement player person man

We'll miss you at the party... https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/images/smilies/gc/gc-sad.gif

Winston Hughes (from CFC)- Dropped out

Yeah that's right. Beefy AND TheFlax are back, bitches!

Askthepizzaguy
10-24-2013, 08:13
Hey, uh, so like I've been mentioning literally everywhere for the past 3 weeks, I've been sick as a dog for most of the past.... 3 weeks.

I was willing to play some mafia games to relax and pass the time, but designing the game is pretty labor intensive. Especially the map and role PMs.

So, the launch date is not going to be Halloween as I had planned.

Right now? Aiming for November 13th, a couple weeks after Halloween and still on the scary and evil day which has a 13 in it.

So it's NEARLY scary.

Ah well, we would have launched on Halloween if I hadn't been in agony for a week followed by 2 weeks straight of coughing up fluid so I can't sleep.

:bounce:

BUT WE ARE GOING TO PLAY THIS THING, DANG IT!

Askthepizzaguy
10-24-2013, 08:15
You see, I actually designed and created and then infected myself WITH the actual Omega virus. You know, to get into character.

Turns out I wasn't immune. :shocked:

But that's okay, I'll be transforming into El Gigante shortly.

And then, I'm going to eat you all.

Gaius Scribonius Curio
10-24-2013, 08:24
...So, the launch date is not going to be Halloween as I had planned.

Right now? Aiming for November 13th, a couple weeks after Halloween and still on the scary and evil day which has a 13 in it...

Since I have discovered that I will be without internet access from 1st-9th November, this is highly convenient.

Excellent news that your Omega experiment is going so well... :yes:

Askthepizzaguy
10-24-2013, 14:36
Welcome to the game..... Gregoshi!

Yeah, that's right. Gregoshi, people.

Hahahahaha!

Ferret
10-24-2013, 18:16
Who's next, Privateerkev?

Visor
10-25-2013, 00:38
Who's next, Privateerkev?

Or Renata
Or Diamondeye

ihcjay
10-25-2013, 15:57
Count me in (from 2+2)

Askthepizzaguy
10-25-2013, 16:02
Count me in (from 2+2)

Welcome, added to the player list!

UncleDynamite
10-25-2013, 16:05
What's up! I'm a mafia player from 2+2.

I expect to be killed early in a particularly gruesome fashion :)

Askthepizzaguy
10-25-2013, 16:36
What's up! I'm a mafia player from 2+2.

I expect to be killed early in a particularly gruesome fashion :)

I promise if and when you die, they will be coughing up pieces of you from their lungs.

~~~~~~

Also, everyone please show a warm welcome to the new members, who are not new in any other way shape or form. Experienced peoples from the otherworld that is 2+2, they are.

Show some Org spirit and be nice. Nice meaning not in the sarcastic sense, either. :stare:

Remember, I can spam-o-matic you people back to the stone age in a blatant and flagrant abuse of power.

Andres isn't looking, is he?

Montmorency
10-25-2013, 17:33
Welcome, new people from 2+2! ~:wave:

Askthepizzaguy is awesome! ~:wave:

Nick Royale
10-25-2013, 18:08
A beautiful oil painting.

Askthepizzaguy
10-25-2013, 18:13
A beautiful oil painting.

Welcome to the game, Nick Royale!

Everyone welcome Nick Royale to the game! ~:wave:

*points a minigun at the assembled guests*

Did I mention being friendly to the new players is mandatory? :bounce:

Nick Royale
10-25-2013, 18:16
Welcome to the game, Nick Royale!

Everyone welcome Nick Royale to the game! ~:wave:

*points a minigun at the assembled guests*

As a 2p2er, good spirit and niceness makes me feel uncomfortable.

I'm here to kill errybody and pizzaguy kinda promised me sex with a hot zombie.

Askthepizzaguy
10-25-2013, 18:18
pizzaguy kinda promised me sex with a hot zombie.

As long as you don't mind being the after-sex cigarette, sure.

BSmith
10-25-2013, 18:18

vote: Ihcjay
Unvote: Ihcjay; vote: UncleDyanmite
Unvote: UncleDynamite; vote: Nick Royale
Unvote:Nick Royale, vote: Askthepizzaguy

~:grouphug:

Askthepizzaguy
10-25-2013, 18:19

You forgot JRodd!!

*El Gigante crushes you in his giant hand and throws your corpse through the nearest concrete building*

BSmith
10-25-2013, 18:24
He is clearly the blue one on the right....

:hide:

Askthepizzaguy
10-25-2013, 18:34
Once we get to 45 VIPs I'm going to reserve the final 5 slots for premium VIP seating.

Chair exists for Diana Abnoba, Diamondeye, Renata, Romanichine, and another empty seat for anyone else I consider to be my special guest, and can't get in the game otherwise.

If those chairs don't fill, they will be open when the game is about to begin for those who are late to the party.

Zain
10-25-2013, 21:04

Define "friendly"... :smg:

Zack
10-25-2013, 21:06
Define "friendly"... :smg:
Smile while you slowly twist the knife into their chest, then chew on their flesh. And don't forget to eat their heart to gain their courage. Their rich, tasty, courage.

johnhughthom
10-25-2013, 21:39

:stare: From TWC? Insulted.

Welcome new guys. I've heard nothing but bad things about 2+2 from Pizza and Visorslash, so I have the lowest of expectations.

Zack
10-25-2013, 21:44
"from TWC"

Talk about a low blow... ouch.

Askthepizzaguy
10-25-2013, 22:44

Well I do deeply apologize about that, let's see where you are from.

Here's your org join date.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/member.php?26454-johnhughthom

Join Date 09-06-2007
Here's your CFC join date.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/member.php?u=171160

Oct 24, 2009
Here's your TWC join date.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?1469-johnhughthom

WELL GAWRSH, JOHN. LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE FROM TWC.

*blows smoke off of his low blow pistol*

Askthepizzaguy
10-25-2013, 22:46
Ok, so the first gruesome casualty of this game was johnhughthom, and it happened before the game even started.

That's a new record!

https://i.imgur.com/sXhjI.gif

Conglaturation, you are winnar.

Zack
10-25-2013, 22:56
I think in this context it matters far more which site he first started playing mafia at, not which site he first joined. But you probably already know that.

Askthepizzaguy
10-25-2013, 23:04
I think in this context it matters far more which site he first started playing mafia at, not which site he first joined. But you probably already know that.

This not a mafia game Zack. I was only introducing people based on where they were from, not where they played mafia. Which should be irrelevant in a non-mafia game.

But you probably already knew that.

Don't cover for john, it's about time I nailed him. I got him right in the secret shame this time! *DING*

Askthepizzaguy
10-25-2013, 23:16
Well, looks like I may have persuaded Diana Abnoba to join this game. Which I've been gunning for for two months now.

*phew*

I'm just going to put her on the list and cross my fingers she doesn't change her mind....

VIP LIST

We'll miss you at the party... :sad:

Zack
10-25-2013, 23:22
This not a mafia game Zack. I was only introducing people based on where they were from, not where they played mafia. Which should be irrelevant in a non-mafia game.
:rolleyes:

Point me to a single player on the list that has never played a game of mafia. These are mafia players.

Montmorency
10-25-2013, 23:53
Point me to a single player on the list that has never played a game of mafia. These are mafia players.

Point me to a single man on the list that has never slain another in combat. These are hard men, warriors bred to battle in open fields, not to slink through shadows as they do now.

:inquisitive:

ihcjay
10-26-2013, 00:28
I've never played mafia. I have played a superior game called werewolf though. ;)

Also, no need to be nice to me, since I probably won't be nice to you....at first.

Visor
10-26-2013, 00:35
I've never played mafia. I have played a superior game called werewolf though. ;)

Also, no need to be nice to me, since I probably won't be nice to you....at first.

https://i.imgur.com/udDwJLk.gif

Visor
10-26-2013, 00:42

Welcome new guys. I've heard nothing but bad things about 2+2 from Pizza and Visorslash, so I have the lowest of expectations.

TWC buddies! We can watch the tumbleweed together!

Prepare to lower your expectations even more. These guys are the lowest of the low. Lower then Warman.

In case you're actually offended, that's a joke.

El Barto
10-26-2013, 01:00
CFC FTW!

johnhughthom
10-26-2013, 02:43
Pfft, join date? Post count would be a better indicator, or the fact that this place decided to grant me a member status I didn't want or ask for. The org clearly loves me.

Jolt
10-26-2013, 04:36

BURN THE HEATHEN!

Askthepizzaguy
10-26-2013, 06:11
:rolleyes:

True.

TWC buddies! We can watch the tumbleweed together!

Prepare to lower your expectations even more. These guys are the lowest of the low. Lower then Warman.

In case you're actually offended, that's a joke.

He who shall not be named should not be compared to our honored guests.

Pfft, join date? Post count would be a better indicator, or the fact that this place decided to grant me a member status I didn't want or ask for. The org clearly loves me.

We do love you john. But, as a friend. My heart will always belong to Catharsis Diana Abnoba.

Makrell
10-26-2013, 08:41
your nonpride bothers me Johnhughtom Yo will never experience a site such as TWC, the best a man can get.

LightFoot
10-26-2013, 13:28
not sure yet- but reading

Visor
10-26-2013, 15:44
not sure yet- but reading

C'mon Lightfoot, you have to join.

Montmorency
10-26-2013, 19:35
http://youtu.be/nN0e3RF7UvI

If you got it
Don't lose it girl, it's got to be
The one creative thing
That's left for you and me

If you find it
Don't lose it all the very next day
Lock it in your soul
And throw the key away

So, don't you let it go
Let it stay, let it grow
Like the snow
Don't let it melt away

If you find it
Then give it girl, with all your might
Forget about yourself
You're not the losin' kind

If you get it
Then keep it cool, don't let it die
You may only see it once
Don't let it pass you by

So don't you let it go
Let it stay let it grow
Like the snow
Don't let it melt away

If you find it
Then give it girl with all your might
Forget about yourself
You're not the losin' kind

If you get it
Then keep it cool, don't let it die
You may only see it once
Don't let it pass you by

Pass you by, don't let it die
Don't let it go

crys
10-26-2013, 23:02
Looking this over...thinking about it...

Askthepizzaguy
10-27-2013, 06:40
YES! Giraffe boards peeps representin'.

Pokedel
10-27-2013, 13:45
Ok I'd like to join this game. (this is C.T.)

Askthepizzaguy
10-27-2013, 14:33
VIP LIST

Pokedel (from the 3d meatspace known as IRL) APPROVED
​TMLeafs1967 (from 2+2)- NOT CONFIRMED YET... better sign up, friend! Space is runnin' out!
The Moocher (from 2+2)- NOT CONFIRMED YET... hurry hurry, space is runnin' out!
Lightfoot (from Giraffe)- NOT CONFIRMED YET... watch out! The walls are closin' in!
crys (from Giraffe)- NOT CONFIRMED YET.... look! We're rapidly approaching 50 players! Hurry!
choie (from Straight Dope)- NOT CONFIRMED YET... Hello my friend me meet again! Sign up if you will!
LOOK HOW FEW SLOTS REMAIN AFTER THIS!!!
IT'S CRAZY!!! YOU BETTER HURRY UP AND SIGN UP PEOPLES!!!!
HERMERGERD 50 PLAYERS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

We'll miss you at the party... :sad:

tmleafs1967
10-27-2013, 16:14
here and confirmed

Askthepizzaguy
10-27-2013, 20:35
So CHarry from 2+2 wants in. Leaving only monsieur gambit who has declined, from our very, very ill-fated wolf team.

Hustylez, Leafs, Charry, and ATPG.

We'll miss you at the party, Gambit man!

johnhughthom
10-27-2013, 20:45

:stare:

Blows your argument for my TWCness out of the water. Blatant favouritism.

El Barto
10-27-2013, 21:37
I am absolutely sure that the last few players' names are in a different colour from the rest. Can you spot it, Zack?

Double A
10-28-2013, 03:38
The irony here is I didn't notice this thread was still being used because it got stickied.

It's not favoritism if it's objective.

Askthepizzaguy
10-28-2013, 06:05

But Double A is my huggle bunny. All you ever do is take deadpan snarker shots at me.

:clown:

WHATEVA, I DO WHAT I WANT

Nick Royale
10-28-2013, 16:17
A dining room.

crys
10-28-2013, 23:52
Ok count me in but if this syarts the 1-3 of November I will be out of town so play time might be spotty

The Moocher
10-29-2013, 06:06
in

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 3 characters.

NICE SITE

Askthepizzaguy
10-29-2013, 08:14
Come on Moocher, we've all been told that it's "too short" before, please lengthen it to "at least three" something or other. Happens to the best of us.

Zack
10-29-2013, 16:27
Come on Moocher, we've all been told that it's "too short" before, please lengthen it to "at least three" something or other. Happens to the best of us.
Is that why you post so much? Compensating?

El Barto
10-29-2013, 18:42
*michaelkelsoburn.jpg*

Askthepizzaguy
10-29-2013, 20:01
Is that why you post so much? Compensating?

It's as good a theory as any.

A more accurate theory could be that I'm quiet as a mouse and antisocial in real life.

You uh... other people... kinda frighten me. I don't really feel like talking to any of you. I've found that most people are generally jerkwads.

Here, there's like... distance and stuff. I get to experience the good sides of humanity without all that icky intimacy.

Zack
10-29-2013, 20:56

A more accurate theory could be that I'm quiet as a mouse and antisocial in real life.

You uh... other people... kinda frighten me. I don't really feel like talking to any of you. I've found that most people are generally jerkwads.

Here, there's like... distance and stuff. I get to experience the good sides of humanity without all that icky intimacy.
Well, that's still compensating, just in a different, more serious, less jokey, non-sexual kind of way. :2thumbsup:

Askthepizzaguy
10-29-2013, 21:02
Well, that's still compensating, just in a different, more serious, less jokey, non-sexual kind of way. :2thumbsup:

If you people met me in real life, you'd be blown away at how different I am.

About the only thing that carries over is my perverted sense of humor. Just ask Diana about the years of sex jokes I subjected her to.

Jarema
10-29-2013, 21:38
While we are talking about origins, I must strongly state that I am NOT from here.
I both registered earlier (a lot!) and played first mafia game (thanks, Martians!) at civfanatics.
Go fanatics!

ANyway, I am grateful to .org for great welcome and I wish to stay here

Askthepizzaguy
10-29-2013, 21:47
While we are talking about origins, I must strongly state that I am NOT from here.
I both registered earlier (a lot!) and played first mafia game (thanks, Martians!) at civfanatics.
Go fanatics!

EVERYONE IS FROM THE ORG EXCEPT FOR JOHNHUGHTHOM

[/Childish stubborn temper tantrum]

Pizzaguy hates getting his comeuppance. It's always so richly, richly deserved.

Askthepizzaguy
10-29-2013, 21:57
PLAYER LIST

[48/50 slots filled]

(And yes I made corrections to your starting forum or whatever. Bite me!) :clown:

Pokedel (from the 3d meatspace known as IRL) APPROVED
CHarry (from 2+2)- PENDING
metsandfinsfan (from 2+2)- PENDING

Askthepizzaguy
10-29-2013, 22:20
REPRESENTING ORGAHSTAN (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?156-Gameroom)

Andres

AntiDamascus

Beefy187

Darth Feather

Diana Abnoba

Ferret

Gaius Scribonius Curio

Gregoshi

Ibn-Khaldun

Ironside

Ishmael

issaikhaan

johnhughthom

Jolt

Major Robert Dump

Montmorency

Naut (Psychonaut)

Pokedel

TheFlax

TheLastDays

Tiaexz

White_Eyes:D

Zain

REPRESENTING CIVFANATICSLAND (http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=445)

Autolycus

Backwards Logic

BSmith

Choxorn

El Barto (Takhisis)

Frozen in ice

Jarema

Seon

Stuck in Pi

Zack

REPRESENTING POG ALMIGHTY (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59/puzzles-other-games/)

CHarry- need an account

ihcjay

JRodd (Hustylez)

metsandfinsfan- need an account

Nick Royale

The Moocher

​TMLeafs1967

UncleDynamite

REPRESENTING TOTALWARCENTER.NET (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?463-Mafia)

Double A

Makrell

Stildawn

Visorslash

REPRESENTING GIRAFFEGHANISTAN (http://www.giraffeboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)

crys

gnarlycharlie

Lightfoot- need a decision

Zack
10-29-2013, 22:46
No fair, home field advantage.

Montmorency
10-29-2013, 22:57
ORGAHSTAN
CIVFANATICSLAND
POG ALMIGHTY
TOTALWARCENTER.NET
GIRAFFEGHANISTAN

Town
Umbrella
SynTech
Zombie Horde
Serial Killer
Unknown Faction 1
Unknown Faction 2

Well, I volunteer to be the SK, and that's the game, right? :toilet:

Zack
10-29-2013, 23:32
REPRESENTING TOTALWARCENTER.NET
Creative! I like it.

Askthepizzaguy
10-30-2013, 02:17
Creative! I like it.

It is pretty catchy, isn't it?

I was going to go with a less clever nickname, but I thought no.... let's wow them.

CHarry
10-30-2013, 02:39
~:smoking:

El Barto
10-30-2013, 02:49

Some neural suction would work wonders on you.

Go fanatics!
Yeah that was my first time as a host! And it was a blast!

By 'here' you mean 'North Africa', right?

Creative! I like it.It is pretty catchy, isn't it?

I was going to go with a less clever nickname, but I thought no.... let's wow them.
They deserve it until the restore my beautiful MiNT skin.

tmleafs1967
10-30-2013, 03:38
i THOUGHT I MAY TOY WITH YOU RESIDENT EVIL NOOBS......then i thought LOL i'm just gonna slaughter everyone with grace and style.

prepare to die :daisy: es!!!!

Zack
10-30-2013, 03:55
You're a real charmer.

Montmorency
10-30-2013, 04:00
Good news, leafs: you're in my squad. Report for debriefing once you get a Role PM.

tmleafs1967
10-30-2013, 04:03
@ ZACK, if you think I'm a charmer wait until you meet my shotgun ;)

@monte, reporting for duty!!!!!!!!!! locked, loaded and eager to hug people in a friendly fashion

Zack
10-30-2013, 04:56
@ ZACK, if you think I'm a charmer wait until you meet my shotgun ;)
Wait until I smash it in your face and shake you down for lunch money.

Askthepizzaguy
10-30-2013, 05:33
Well gwarsh fellas. You might end up on the same side, just for my own amusement.

Choxorn
10-30-2013, 05:45
Will you put them on the same side before or after Zack steals TMLeaf's lunch money?

Zack
10-30-2013, 05:48
Well gwarsh fellas. You might end up on the same side, just for my own amusement.

You do what you gotta do. A man's gotta eat. I will gladly crack a few skulls if it means the difference between three slices of pizza and two slices of pizza. A man's gotta have priorities. Without priorities, we are no better than mindless zombies.

Double A
10-30-2013, 07:14
REPRESENTING TOTALWARCENTER.NET

Double A
Makrell
Stildawn
Visorslash

On behalf of my comrade Stildawn, I would like to say lol.

Askthepizzaguy
10-30-2013, 07:26
On behalf of my comrade Stildawn, I would like to say lol.

You could all defect and say you were Orgahs all along, and that time at TWC was just crazy experimentation, there's a time and a place for it, and it's called college.

Stildawn
10-30-2013, 23:18
I'll be bringing the lols lol.

Was waiting for a remark from you AA

To be fair I haven't been on TWC for ages... Went there recently to check on Rome II but it sounded lame so I'll sit it out until I can pick it up cheap on Steam lol.

Askthepizzaguy
10-31-2013, 00:10

To be fair I haven't been on TWC for ages... Went there recently to check on Rome II but it sounded lame so I'll sit it out until I can pick it up cheap on Steam lol.

Nobody has been on TWC for ages. The mafia section there is essentially dead, to be revived one day when I absolutely need to host a game right now but every slot everywhere is full.

You TWC mafia players are basically org mafia players now. You're refugees. :grin:

Also, Winston Hughely is welcomed back! That puts us at one player away.... two, if Lightfoot decides against playing.

Stildawn
10-31-2013, 00:12
Meh don't hurt me lol but I have never been much of a fan of mafia games. I do like the random original completely made up games however (like this one) lol.

Askthepizzaguy
10-31-2013, 00:21
PLAYER LIST

[48/50 slots filled]

Double A
10-31-2013, 02:04
You could all defect and say you were Orgahs all along, and that time at TWC was just crazy experimentation, there's a time and a place for it, and it's called college.

You know I only just started college this year right?

Zack
10-31-2013, 02:14

Meh don't hurt me lol but I have never been much of a fan of mafia games. I do like the random original completely made up games however (like this one) lol.
lol

Gregoshi
10-31-2013, 02:38
"The Org should be free ground, all of it, not divided by a line between TWC and Org – all the way from here to the Backroom.

No man has to bow. No man born to royalty.

Here we judge you by what you do, not by what the first site you joined was.

Here you can be something.

Here is the place to build a home..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZpQ5W1AV0g

Visor
10-31-2013, 02:54
lol

To be fair, his avatar on TWC is simply a sign that says lol.

@ Winston :thumbsup: (You cannot escape!)

I'll get around to changing my name when the time limit runs out.

tmleafs1967
10-31-2013, 03:14
Wait until I smash it in your face and shake you down for lunch money.

i'm married, I haz no monies, we can prob be friends, i liked the aggro reply :)

@pizza, no f-bombs, gottcha, may be hard at first thou.

Askthepizzaguy
10-31-2013, 03:32
i'm married, I haz no monies, we can prob be friends, i liked the aggro reply :)

@pizza, no f-bombs, gottcha, may be hard at first thou.

We're really not like stuffy about humor or aggression, just a tiny bit more restrictive. Pretend everyone here sitting at a table together eating nachos and cheetos and drinking mountain dew, playing DnD together, and there's a kid at the table, no adults around. Generally try to avoid the really hard language, so that kids who play total war games won't see really nasty stuff. But I mean words like "oh crap" nobody cares about anymore. Calling people scumbags is fine. Just avoid the really harsh stuff.

I doubt many really young kids are perusing our site but it would be nice if they did it wasn't a completely trashy environment for them. Teens do enjoy the totalwar games.

TBH some teenagers use the terrible language too, but hey, some of our older patrons are in their 30s and 40s and 50s and don't really enjoy such words every post, so we try to cut down on that.

That's actually probably a better explanation. Teenagers probably have a much more foul mouth than I give em credit for. :clown:

El Barto
10-31-2013, 03:40
I sometimes forget you're a grownup, pizzaboy.

Visor
10-31-2013, 03:49

He's a child at heart.

Montmorency
10-31-2013, 04:08
He has the heart of a child, he keeps it in a jar, etc.

Stildawn
10-31-2013, 04:59
To be fair, his avatar on TWC is simply a sign that says lol.

@ Winston :thumbsup: (You cannot escape!)

I'll get around to changing my name when the time limit runs out.

Indeed, my caption (hell is that what you call them?) "Legislator of Lol" was given to me by AA haha.

The avatar is infact a drowning person warning sign, just looks so much like lol its funny :P

Isn't most of us grownups lol? I'm getting on lol

CLockwork Jackal
10-31-2013, 05:28
Ok, where can I find the rules/game mechanics type stuff for this game Pizza?

Askthepizzaguy
10-31-2013, 05:31

I'm 30 now.

I can say I am pretty devoted to having fun in my off time, because life is not all about working.

I will become 40 or 50 or 60 one day, I hope. But I do not intend to be any more grown up than I am right now.

This is as mature as I ever hope to be.

I want to play until I'm dead. That's my life goal.

Askthepizzaguy
10-31-2013, 05:47

Yes, to all players and interested parties, right now there is no list of rules, mechanics, stuff you need to know.

Partly because some of it is still in the final stages of design, and the other part is simply this:

I know if I sit here and write it all out, without editing it, it will be a gigantic block of text that no one will read.

In order for you guys to be able to absorb the information, I have to take my time and deliberately use brevity as much as possible, and organize all the information into sections that are visually represented in a very organized way, with sections that are clearly labeled and put in a logical order.

I will give everyone plenty of time to read and absorb the rules and mechanics explanation before the game starts.

I will also get my co-hosts or someone to edit this stuff down so it's not a massive ATPG textwall.

Trust me, I know the difficulties of absorbing a massive information load. I'm going to make every effort to organize it well, keep it readable, on point, and as brief as possible.

So for now, you gotta wait. Rules and mechanics will be posted within the next couple weeks.

Zack
10-31-2013, 06:18
To add on to what ATPG said, when we say "aggressive" or "mean" things to each other (kinda like I've been sorta doing), we are not serious about it at all. johnhughthom is the master of this.

I want to play until I'm dead. That's my life goal.
Play mafia until you drop? You should also set some goals to host 100 games and play in 1000.

johnhughthom
10-31-2013, 06:45
It's so cute how you guys think I'm not serious.

TheLastDays
10-31-2013, 08:10

I for one always enjoyed our sincere mutual hate.

Nick Royale
10-31-2013, 08:49
Yes, to all players and interested parties, right now there is no list of rules, mechanics, stuff you need to know.

Partly because some of it is still in the final stages of design, and the other part is simply this:

I know if I sit here and write it all out, without editing it, it will be a gigantic block of text that no one will read.

In order for you guys to be able to absorb the information, I have to take my time and deliberately use brevity as much as possible, and organize all the information into sections that are visually represented in a very organized way, with sections that are clearly labeled and put in a logical order.

I will give everyone plenty of time to read and absorb the rules and mechanics explanation before the game starts.

I will also get my co-hosts or someone to edit this stuff down so it's not a massive ATPG textwall.

Trust me, I know the difficulties of absorbing a massive information load. I'm going to make every effort to organize it well, keep it readable, on point, and as brief as possible.

So for now, you gotta wait. Rules and mechanics will be posted within the next couple weeks.

Even your post announcing a tl;dr is tl;dr :stunned:

Nick Royale
10-31-2013, 08:57
Leafs, I hope you're just trying to gain the trust of the locals to backstab them later.

Not sure you're doing a great job blending in so far though.

http://gifs.gifbin.com/022011/1297101596_football-celebration-fail.gif

Jarema
10-31-2013, 09:02

Hi!
Looking at your avatar... I think we should stick together :D

Jarema
10-31-2013, 09:04
if I sit here and write it all out, without editing it, it will be a gigantic block of text that no one will read.

I would. I love reading rules, like combat systems, dice roll rules, etc. Even if they are chaotic walls of text

Askthepizzaguy
10-31-2013, 09:35
I would. I love reading rules, like combat systems, dice roll rules, etc. Even if they are chaotic walls of text

Yes and you and Visorslash will be the only people who will have read it.

I need the other 48 players to have a chance.

Gaius Scribonius Curio
10-31-2013, 09:38
Hey!

:book2:

Askthepizzaguy
10-31-2013, 09:51

I'm actually outside your house right now, in a van, plotting your downfall.

I've been saving up dozens and dozens of rotten eggs and storing them in jars of my own urine for years.

(This is unrelated to your downfall, I just felt like mentioning it as a topic of conversation)

In case I'm asleep on a pile of discarded doritos bags and empty dr pepper bottles, and like a tow truck guy comes, just tap lightly on the windows until I wake up (I do not appreciate loud noises) and just politely remind me to move it.

Also, the beer in your fridge tastes awful. Buy imported Belgian stuff. I'm not stalking you for the inferior beer, okay?

Nick Royale
10-31-2013, 09:58

I bet you're one of those guys who loves cocktail onions too.

Askthepizzaguy
10-31-2013, 10:07
You know I only just started college this year right?

I keep thinking you're like 15 years old and I don't know why.

I think maybe you were when I first played in a game with you or something, a long time ago. Apparently my brain thinks you are like Maggie Simpson, you never age even as I do.

Winston Hughes
10-31-2013, 10:48

I don't have a chance. And I don't read rules. Perhaps the two are related. In any case, all you'll be getting from me are orders like "start an impromptu free jazz session" and "stare meaningfully into the middle-distance whilst smoking Gauloises".

edse
10-31-2013, 10:54
I'm really sad ~:mecry: I've killed my best friend, I'm injured and the mob is coming for me. Would you please let me in? Please?

Askthepizzaguy
10-31-2013, 17:10
I'm really sad ~:mecry: I've killed my best friend, I'm injured and the mob is coming for me. Would you please let me in? Please?

Sure. Did you read the OP carefully, are you aware that this is not a mafia game, are you aware that participation is essentially mandatory, you can't miss orders every week and expect to do well at all, did you know the game may last for 6 months, did you know you're still expected to participate even after you die, can you commit and never drop out, any long vacations I need to be aware of, etc etc.

Standard screening. If you don't think you can do it please by all means sign up as a reserve.

If you think you can, little edse that could, then let me know.

Are you prepared for the kind of gruesome, disturbingly violent death that's in your future if you sign up?

I just want to make sure the warning label is bright red and in bold print.

I mean, I'm not even going to mess around and pretend anyone has a chance of surviving. :clown:

Askthepizzaguy
10-31-2013, 17:13
PLAYER LIST

edse (from TWC)- APPROVED

Clockwork Jackal (from Giraffe)- RESERVE PLAYER
Ekolite (from CFC)- RESERVE PLAYER
Lightfoot (From Giraffe)- Need a decision, my friend.

Zain
10-31-2013, 17:15
I mean, I'm not even going to mess around and pretend anyone has a chance of surviving. :clown:

Challenge accepted :smartass:

edse
10-31-2013, 17:19
I've read everything, even the old game thread. I haven't planned on getting a life within a couple of years or so so I should be able to be active. Death hasn't stopped me before. I have never had a vacation, etc, etc.

I'm from TWC btw :D

Askthepizzaguy
10-31-2013, 17:21

HE ADMITS IT!!! HE'S A WITCH!!! BURN HIM!!!

Ironside
10-31-2013, 17:37
Yes and you and Visorslash will be the only people who will have read it.

Now, now you don't think that's the plan? The less people that understands the game, the more you can stand above the rest when you (ab)use it. If you haven't forced the host to introduce a new law, you haven't pushed the game boundries enough.

Askthepizzaguy
10-31-2013, 17:55
By the way, in case the survivors don't pull it out like they did last time (challenge level has been upped by one standard deviation) and everyone dies, like literally everyone gets owned by the zombie horde-

People should know that it doesn't really affect things. You're scored based on how well you did, and you're ranked from #1 to #50 or however many people I end up cramming into this game, just like last time.

I mean obviously the Zombeh horde will be the winning team at that point, and therefore most of you will be on the winning team. You'll just be ranked by score.

So make sure you go for max score just in case zombies fall, everyone dies. Because I am the kind of game host that wouldn't even blink to make the zombie horde so vicious that there's a chance you all get ate.

May want to find like a grenade launcher or a minigun ASAP.

Zain
10-31-2013, 17:58
Finds rocket launcher under rock, invisibility shield in jacket pocket, and Master Chief armor in a tree.

Good to go! :charge:

Askthepizzaguy
10-31-2013, 18:33
Finds rocket launcher under rock, invisibility shield in jacket pocket, and Master Chief armor in a tree.

Good to go! :charge:

See, that's what you think.

If you guys start doing really well and thinking you're safe, and not enough people have died to my satisfaction, I'm going to just dump more zombies on you.

I'm not even joking. :evil:

If you play Resident Evil 4, for example, the game gets more difficult if you're at full health and high ammo and you haven't died yet.

I'm on board with deliberately upping the challenge if people aren't dying fast enough.

Askthepizzaguy
10-31-2013, 18:44
So let's say the survivors have slain 40 zombies with minimal losses, formed an El Gigante hunting party and somehow slain he who exists primarily to prevent you from doing such a thing in the first place, and have made excellent progress getting yourselves "saved" and finding a way out.

At that point, you can consider the game on Professional mode. I'm not going to let people just walk out the front door at that point. Might want to run in the opposite direction of the exit, in fact. :laugh4:

Zack
10-31-2013, 18:49
I've read everything, even the old game thread. I haven't planned on getting a life within a couple of years or so so I should be able to be active. Death hasn't stopped me before. I have never had a vacation, etc, etc.

Are you some kind of wizard? IIRC, ATPG did a word count and found that the updates as a whole are as lengthy as a relatively large novel. And that's just the updates.

Askthepizzaguy
10-31-2013, 19:05
In the South Park movie, one of the soldiers in Chef's regiment says, just before the battle: "Is some people gonna die?"

I'd like to paraphrase Bob Dylan (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUX9IcSzHX0).

How many zombies must a man mow down
Before you call him a man?
How many survivors must the Plague Queen slay
Before she sleeps with a human?
Yes, 'n how many times must the viral weapons deploy
Before they're forever banned?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind,
The answer is blowin' in the wind.

Yes, 'n how many years can Leon save the day
Before he's blown to smithereens?
Yes, 'n how many years can Umbrella corp. exist
Before they're kicked out of the B.B.B. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Better_Business_Bureau)?
Yes, 'n how many times can a man turn his head,
Before a zombie smashes it and eats his braaaainnnnss?

Yes, 'n how many health items will I let you get
Before I increase the challenge?
Yes, 'n how many guns will I let you carry,
Before the zombie horde makes you cry?
Yes, 'n how many deaths will it take till I know
That a sufficient number of people have died?

johnhughthom
10-31-2013, 19:06
Also, the beer in your fridge tastes awful. Buy imported Belgian stuff. I'm not stalking you for the inferior beer, okay?

Criticised by an American for my taste in beer? The irony. Also, Belgian lager is such a hipster drink.

I do believe Mr Zimmerman could well pass for a zombie these days.

Zack
10-31-2013, 19:07
Criticised by an American for my taste in beer?
Not all American beer is Budweiser, you know.

johnhughthom
10-31-2013, 19:10
Not all American beer is Budweiser, you know.

I know. I do like Blue Moon, Anchor Steam and Sam Adams.

You still have a lot to answer for with some of that swill you hoist on the world.

Zain
10-31-2013, 19:12
See, that's what you think.

If you guys start doing really well and thinking you're safe, and not enough people have died to my satisfaction, I'm going to just dump more zombies on you.

I'm not even joking. :evil:

If you play Resident Evil 4, for example, the game gets more difficult if you're at full health and high ammo and you haven't died yet.

I'm on board with deliberately upping the challenge if people aren't dying fast enough.

I totally understand the mindset, trust me. Carnage seems to be the fuel that keeps these things going.

I take on the challenge.

Zack
10-31-2013, 19:15
I know. I do like Blue Moon, Anchor Steam and Sam Adams.

You still have a lot to answer for with some of that swill you hoist on the world.
Well, there are also a lot of microbrews that only locals will know about.

Askthepizzaguy
10-31-2013, 19:19
I love that our beer defense at this point is "We've got great beer, it just doesn't sell well enough for you elitist fools to ever get a taste of it! Trust us, it totally exists!"

The American Beer Defense.

Right up there with Chewbacca (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chewbacca_defense).