PDA

View Full Version : Decent preview of latest code build

Sp00n
08-24-2013, 15:34
http://www.incgamers.com/2013/08/total-war-rome-ii-preview

Looks stunning, sadly also looks like it needs plenty of fixes and fine tuning. Worried we may have a nice beta product out 3rd September. Let's hope they fix it, I don't like the sounds of the multiple crashes.

BroskiDerpman
08-24-2013, 15:37
That's the old demo build given to those journalists.

Plus Gamestar.de released more demo footage. Current build is much newer... ;)

Vuk
08-24-2013, 18:39
Other AI quibbles will be more familiar. Remember the confusion that Total War units have often had with complex walls and narrow bits of geometry? Of course you do, because it’s been present in every single game since the original Shogun. As is tradition, baffled units will sometimes turn into long strings of straggling soldiers as they attempt to navigate around confusing items such as “a house.”
Right there, one of my biggest complaints. It is unacceptable that the AI pathfinding hasn't been significantly improved since the first TW game!

BroskiDerpman
08-24-2013, 19:58
Exactly, in Empire units can't fire because of that. Even in melee unit pathfinding and collision are just bad. Some times when 2 groups of infantry charge some end up on the other side; Empire TW with Darthmod had complete units going through each other.

Vuk
08-24-2013, 20:18
But that is ok, they would rather implement baggage trains glorified capture points than work on the foundation of their game. Right now the only serious advantages I see from RII over RTW are units dynamically using their shields and the LOS system. Those two are the reasons I will buy it eventually when it goes on sale.

fallen851
08-24-2013, 20:26
Like you Vuk, I'm waiting for it to hit the bargain bin too.

I also want people to come up with some ways to make it more realistic too.

BroskiDerpman
08-25-2013, 01:37
Like Fallen and Vuk and from what I've said before, I can wait for Rome 2.

Plus Amazon sold Shogun 2 at this sale for as low as 2.49 USD, since Rome 2 is more popular I bet it'll most likely get the same treatment.