PDA

View Full Version : Rome II pre-orders 6x higher than Shogun II

Lemur
08-26-2013, 17:11
Total War: Rome 2 pre-sales more than six times higher than Shogun 2 (http://games.on.net/2013/08/total-war-rome-2-pre-sales-more-than-six-times-higher-than-shogun-2/)

SEGA have revealed that the upcoming Total War: Rome 2 is being pre-ordered at a rate close to the speed of sound. Pre-orders are now more than six times higher than those for Shogun 2, released in 2011.

Total War: Rome 2 is now officially the most pre-ordered title in the history of the series. We won’t know for sure what it’s like until it launches here on PC on September 3, but the one thing we can tell you is you’ll need need at least 35GB of free hard drive space to pull it off.

https://i.imgur.com/dOFeGhg.jpg

Barkhorn1x
08-26-2013, 17:26
...one thing we can tell you is you’ll need need at least 35GB of free hard drive space to pull it off.

https://i.imgur.com/dOFeGhg.jpg

Geez. Glad I am getting my pre-order frome GameStop. D/ling 35 GB would take me about 2 days.

Monk
08-26-2013, 17:55
I'm not terribly surprised.

The Sengoku, as awesome as it is, is a very niche setting for most of the TW fanbase. A lot of people claim RTW as their jumping on point. It was the first game in the new 3D style, and it also got quite a bit of exposure being used for TV shows like Time Commanders and Decisive Battles.

It also helps that there's a number of things about rome 2 that look really fun.

Rhyfelwyr
08-26-2013, 18:33
I think a lot of the old fanbase are hoping that R2 will be a return to the good old days. I think people really struggled to get into Empire and Napoleon, they were just too different from previous TW titles. I think this was partially true for S2 as well.

I'm hoping it's going to be back to business with R2, as far as I am concerned M2 was the last real TW title.

HopAlongBunny
08-26-2013, 19:04
I thought Napoleon would have been huge.
I guess Ancients still rule :yes:

BroskiDerpman
08-26-2013, 20:02
Med 2, Shogun 2 and Napoleon are my favorites. (Med 1 too) I look forward to buying Rome 2 later on and playing some MP and then moving on to some mods; perhaps MP with mods.

Nelson
08-26-2013, 21:45
I hope STEAM opens up the download a few days early.

BroskiDerpman
08-26-2013, 21:50
There will be pre-loading before 9/3.

Nelson
08-26-2013, 21:52
That's good to know. Certainly makes sense.

hoom
08-27-2013, 07:36
I think there is a good chunk of 'historical accuracy sells'.
There is a clear effort to try to really capture the full scale of the historical period, with the massive variety of cultures & real unit types as in the successful Rome1 mods instead of the chopped short history channel style from Rome1.
If it was going to be that poopy Rome1 style I'd not be buying until after I saw signs of significant progress in Realism mods.

Sp4
08-27-2013, 10:27
I think a lot of the old fanbase are hoping that R2 will be a return to the good old days. I think people really struggled to get into Empire and Napoleon, they were just too different from previous TW titles. I think this was partially true for S2 as well.

I'm hoping it's going to be back to business with R2, as far as I am concerned M2 was the last real TW title.

That is essentially what I felt like. I really did not like Empire and Napoleon because they were just too hard to overwatch I felt and I did not like the primarily ranged combat, which ended up not being as bad in Fall of the Samurai. I did not like Shogun 2 an awful lot, or let's say not as much as Rome or Medieval, mainly because of the setting and one of the only reasons I played it so much was because it had a co op campaign. I was really happy when CA announced Rome 2 and I'm really looking forward to it. Pre ordered it two months ago or something when they told us a release date.

spankythehippo
08-27-2013, 12:54
Is the pre-order Culture Pack an exclusive DLC for pre-orders only? Or will it be available later on?

Arjos
08-27-2013, 13:27
Is the pre-order Culture Pack an exclusive DLC for pre-orders only? Or will it be available later on?

It will be purchasable for £5.99/$7.99/€7.49

spankythehippo
08-27-2013, 14:02
It will be purchasable for £5.99/$7.99/€7.49

I'll buy Rome II later then. I have no time at the moment for really intensive games like these. Thanks!

BroskiDerpman
08-28-2013, 00:40
earlier posts.

I personally try to not have a preference of a specific time frame as that would only ruin the enjoyment of others. (First TW was Med2 well after it's release)

Hence why now I enjoy Napoleon as much as Rome TW, or Medieval 1/2.

Razz
08-28-2013, 03:47
My problem is I can not reorder and the customer support site times out with internal server error 404

Papewaio
08-28-2013, 13:32
Green Men Gaming is $30 cheaper then steam. http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/au/en/pc/games/strategy/total-war-rome-ii/

This is for Aussies were the base games is $80.