PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Load Info Announced

Barkhorn1x
08-28-2013, 18:01
Rome II Pre-Load Information (https://www.facebook.com/TotalWar)

Creative Assembly today announced the Activation Time for ROME II on its release day next week as a single worldwide unlock time of zero hours US Pacific Time on the 3rd Sept, equivalent of 00:00 PDT / 03:00 EDT / 08:00 BST / 09:00 CET / 17:00 AEST.

From that point game activation will be live and Total War: ROME II will be playable.

Digital customers can begin preloading via Steam from 10:00 PDT / 18:00 BST today (28th Aug) in order to be as ready as possible to begin their conquest of the ancient world on launch day, with only the day one content patch including Pontus, an additional playable faction, needing to be downloaded once the game is live.

Please note that ROME II will be region-locked in some territories, if you are buying a copy from overseas please check with your retailer if you will be able to activate it your home country. Further details on the regions this effects are here: http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_ROME_II:_Regional_Restrictions

Total War: ROME II Launches next week on the 3rd September.

Hooahguy
08-28-2013, 18:49
Already started to pre-load! So excited, only 6 days to go! Of course though it comes out for me at 3 AM of the first day of classes... :book2:

Rhyfelwyr
08-28-2013, 20:21
Can I still buy a hard copy and run it without steam?

Barkhorn1x
08-28-2013, 20:30
Can I still buy a hard copy and run it without steam?

Nope. All TW games since Empire require Steam to activate/play.

BroskiDerpman
08-28-2013, 20:44
There's offline mode in which you won't need internet access but you won't be getting any updates, bug fixes, balance fixes or new content. (I.e Seleucids)

Barkhorn1x
08-28-2013, 21:04
There's offline mode in which you won't need internet access but you won't be getting any updates, bug fixes, balance fixes or new content. (I.e Seleucids)

Yes, but even that mode can only be used after you activate the game in Steam On Line.

andrewt
08-28-2013, 21:11
Good. Because AT&T in my part of Los Angeles has 1.5 mbps max. Seriously. At least I will get the download to finish before Tuesday.

Sp4
08-28-2013, 23:30
Woohoo, yay =D

Monk
08-29-2013, 02:39
So we've come to it: the great pre-load of our time.

Papewaio
08-29-2013, 03:36
Got my activation keys from Green Man Gaming.

Will start the great foreplay tonight :)

Lemur
08-29-2013, 03:40
So we've come to it: the great pre-load of our time.

https://i.imgur.com/agCpoen.png

Veho Nex
08-29-2013, 05:21

johnhughthom
08-29-2013, 06:06
I knew they were waiting for me to throw down my pre-order moneyz before announcing the pre-load.

komnenos
08-29-2013, 09:09
I want to ask that if my downloading speed is low( for example for downloading a software the speed is usually 50kbs/s) is it possible to play game like R2TW online without any problem?

The Outsider
08-29-2013, 09:15
I want to ask that if my downloading speed is low( for example for downloading a software the speed is usually 50kbs/s) is it possible to play game like R2TW online without any problem?

Its ok mate you will need internet only for activation than you can play offline unless you want to play multiplayer. The main thing is, with the last two total war titles, empire and shogun 2, i had to download the bloody games from steam eventhough i had the disc copies, it would not install from the disc. If the aame thong happens again, i will need a week to download 35 gigs....

Sp4
08-29-2013, 09:39

That wont be a problem. 50kb/s is plenty to play this game online or any game really I think.

Arjos
08-29-2013, 11:30
i had to download the bloody games from steam eventhough i had the disc copies, it would not install from the disc. If the aame thong happens again, i will need a week to download 35 gigs....

When that happens all you have to do is pausing it, relaunching steam and resuming the download should have it jump to 100% in the blink of an eye ;)

If that doesn't work, there are other methods even in the Steam FAQ I think, but haven't used them yet, so don't remember any lol

BroskiDerpman
08-29-2013, 20:05
When I install from disk it installs from disk; might be because I got Shogun 2 Gold. (The US edition rip off)

Papewaio
08-29-2013, 21:59
Download last night was 9.9GB. Not sure if it unzips from there or there is more to download.

BroskiDerpman
08-29-2013, 22:06
It's compressed before release. Plus you got the day 1 dlc, patch and pre-order dlc.

The Outsider
08-29-2013, 22:37
When that happens all you have to do is pausing it, relaunching steam and resuming the download should have it jump to 100% in the blink of an eye ;)

If that doesn't work, there are other methods even in the Steam FAQ I think, but haven't used them yet, so don't remember any lol

Well unfortunately that didnt work last time and i couldnt find any solutions. We will see what will happem this time.

BroskiDerpman
08-30-2013, 02:33
Try out this.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5357-FSQM-0382

Barkhorn1x
08-30-2013, 18:18
I ordered a hard copy from my local GameStop as my internet connection can be a bit slow.

I just called today and they have the game already in the store so I will be on my way at 10:0am Tuesday morning to pick it up.

:2thumbsup:

B-Wing
08-31-2013, 04:34
Pre-locked and pre-loaded. And I just realized I have no idea which faction I wanna play first. I really hope there's a Thracian DLC later on. Very glad Epirus is playable at launch, especially considering they were not even a faction in RTW. They were my 2nd favorite faction in Europa Barbarorum, and will probably be my first to try in Rome 2.

CaptainCrunch
08-31-2013, 16:58
I ordered a hard copy from my local GameStop as my internet connection can be a bit slow.

I just called today and they have the game already in the store so I will be on my way at 10:0am Tuesday morning to pick it up.

:2thumbsup:

Yeah, I ordered the Bonus Pack a month ago and the courier tried to drop it off today at Noon. They called my cell and it was off (working) so they sent a text. By the time I saw the message their office was closed (til Noon Saturdays). MOST UNFORTUNATE!!

Sure, I wouldn't have been able to activate it yet, but I would have liked to look over all the materials and maybe get a peek through the folder structures and available faction units.

Oh well. Monday I guess...