PDA

View Full Version : Which Faction Will You Play First?

BroskiDerpman
09-01-2013, 14:56
http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Factions

Just want to know. ;)

Lord of the Isles
09-01-2013, 15:07
Damn, I hadn't thought of that yet! I usually pick a small or out-of-the-way faction first to get used to game play without major distractions like a lot of city management or complex diplomacy & loacl wars to worry about. With TW:R2, that might mean Iceni, Suebi or even Egypt. But it seems wrong not to do Rome first. I'll vote on 3rd Sep once I have chosen.

Quillan
09-01-2013, 19:31
Rome all the way. I've been fascinated by the Roman military of the late republic and early empire since long before RTW first came out; that's why I bought it in the first place, and why I'm buying this one for release day instead of waiting. I'll play other factions later, but I've got to start with the legions.

BroskiDerpman
09-01-2013, 19:53
I like Late Antiquity Rome and early Rome.

Hoping for a BI 2 that does more justice to that timeframe. I'll play Invasio Barbarorum 1 & 2 for quite a while...

Sp4
09-01-2013, 20:08
Something like Egypt, maybe the Iceni or just Rome ^^

BroskiDerpman
09-01-2013, 20:15
For me it's Epirus, Pontus or Averni. I just chose Epirus just so I can make contact with Rome early game.

Vuk
09-01-2013, 20:17
For me, Parthia is the only way to go. They have always been my favorite. When I eventually buy RII, they will be the faction I play first.

BroskiDerpman
09-01-2013, 20:20
Oh crap forgot about Parthia, would be pretty fun to play as them in MP, half my army is going to be cav at least and everybody will call me a cav spammer and whine while more than half their army is pikes. Huehuehue

Though I'd like to try out Parthia in SP now known as the Purple Pajama men. (Like Pink better...)

Though horse archers get firing cones so that's a pain to try to use them.

The Outsider
09-01-2013, 20:37
I wish we had dacia/getai instead of the cloned hellenic/successor states but we don't so Rome will do for now.

Oleander Ardens
09-01-2013, 20:56
First Rome due to the Intro, afterwards most likely a hellenistic state, then one between the Averni and Suebi. Parthia or another Steppe faction, depending on the DLC timing might be next. But who knows, maybe I will continue straight away with Rome.

Lots of options for sure...

BroskiDerpman
09-01-2013, 21:33
All factions unlocked mod is what you need chaps.

B-Wing
09-01-2013, 21:55
Epirus. Their starting position is pretty exciting - lots of danger and opportunity right from the start.

hoom
09-01-2013, 22:05
Strictly speaking: Rome due to the prologue.
But Carthage first for full campaign.
Then I was thinking probably a Gaul faction second but seeing Thureophoroi (Thureos swords/spears), Thorakitai (Thorax swords), Hypaspists (Shield Bearers) & Sarrissaphori (Sarrissa Cavalry) in that leaked battle/Jacks Macedon campaign gets me pretty excited about playing Macedon.
Alternatively Egypt with its strong strategic position.

Spoonska
09-02-2013, 00:22
I plan on going: Sparta > Iceni > Egypt, Carthage or Rome. Just want to try campaigns from different perspectives.

BroskiDerpman
09-02-2013, 00:26
Oh crap the Romans are rolling in! Inevitable, inevitable....

Sigh... XD

Lemur
09-02-2013, 00:30
I'll start with the Romans, since that will be the most developed and tuotorialized faction. But once I get a handle on the mechanics, Carthago will go a'conquerin'.

Seabourch
09-02-2013, 08:02
Suebi assuming all are unlocked from the beginning. Germans shall end Hellenistic life as we know it! A horde of men running south to bring the wrath of the gods upon Rome and the Greeks.

rickinator9
09-02-2013, 08:18
Macedonia will rise again!