PDA

View Full Version : DiplexHeatedHD Rome 2 Release Footage.

BroskiDerpman
09-02-2013, 14:33
Guys this is the real deal, Rome 2 is out for some you tubers

https://youtube.com/watch?v=5SJkR4h7ZEI

Video won't embed for me as of now...

Rome vs Carthage uploaded now.

Vuk
09-02-2013, 14:59
Can't wait till someone puts up some Parthian footage.

BroskiDerpman
09-02-2013, 15:24
Ahhhh the crappy pathfinding and collision strikes again!

Spoonska
09-02-2013, 15:31
All of these battles only last a few minutes. I thought they were supposed to slow things down ?

BroskiDerpman
09-02-2013, 15:40
I know for sure it's slower than Rome 1 where units got killed in a few seconds.

Though in order to have slow combat you have to have a different set of battle mechanics not just everything is slowed down so your slow reflexes can adjust but something like NTW 3 mod.

NTW 3 requires you to play differently , it's slow but it is actually challenging too. The battles are less tactical but focusing more on larger scale movements and such. Reserves play a roll, etc etc. (RS2 mod IMO is a bad example of slow combat as its just a grind fest)

Thus NTW 3 allows for you to play slowly and enjoy th combat but requires a different train of thought to play.

lars573
09-02-2013, 16:02
All of these battles only last a few minutes. I thought they were supposed to slow things down ?
And most of them are engineered that way. Small number of units and no Generals. But watch the Rome vs Epirus. It's 8 minutes and has a general around. And you can see a pike unit in action. Which keeps formation until charged from the flank.

fallen851
09-02-2013, 17:08
Thanks for the link.

Not real impressed, the graphics are great, but the animations are lacking, especially the heads down running that I noted in the Rome vs Macedon video CA released. Unit charges need a lot of work too, a lot of units, even well trained ones like Cohorts charged in a very broken formation.

Furthermore the path finding and AI seems inept as ever. Lastly the Roman Cohorts seem like they are the same steam rollers they were in RTW.

Lord of the Isles
09-02-2013, 18:40
I had mixed reactions to the Arverni v Iceni battle.

Pros:

Graphics really good
Javelin trails much reduced from early builds (3:54)
Unit markers turned off - made immersion much better

Cons:

Fights over fairly quickly
Boats & soldiers sometimes skimming over the sea/land (2:00)

Mind you, an engagement like that without formal battle lines should perhaps not last too long. Units were flanking quite a lot and it was mayhem. Will wait for a more traditional battle before final judgement.

BroskiDerpman
09-02-2013, 20:14
You can disable projectile trails from the menu just to let you know.

Source: DiplexHeatedhd. It works too, you got to squint to see if anything is being thrown at all.