PDA

View Full Version : So how long do you think it will be until the first mods come out?

Hooahguy
09-05-2013, 04:25
I say about a month. Got a lot of problems to work out, I can see some AI mods coming around that time, like they did with ETW.

fallen851
09-05-2013, 05:16
TW games are not difficult to modify. I'm sure people have already modded it.

Hooahguy
09-05-2013, 13:05
Youre right, they already have, someone did a 2/4 turn per year mod-
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?618096-Released-2-turns-per-year-4-turns-per-year

Drakarys1402
09-05-2013, 16:28
I think 6 months for some substantial mods.

Vuk
09-05-2013, 16:34
The problem with modding now is that the game is very messed up and for the next few month CA is going to be desperately throwing together patches for it that will no doubt break compatibility with any mods. It would be a total waste of time to start modding now for any reason other than to learn the new system more.

Drakarys1402
09-05-2013, 16:37
That'd probably delay them releasing dlc as well?

A shame then, but at least it'll take less time for the game to be moddable than other recent TW titles.

BroskiDerpman
09-05-2013, 21:03
Not really the other recent TWs already got overhauls. Shogun 2 might get a Korea mod when the Japanese invade Korea.

Dlcs come with patches plus CA locked all factions from being unlocked and left Seleucids out unlocked. Seleucids seem almost complete hence free-dlc but they could've gotten it done on first week patch if they put some effort into it.

Not too hard to make a "new" faction when all they need is a description, some stats, some gimmicks and boom dlc! Really just needs some editing mostly as the factions are essentially like clones and the units just get some stuff swapped around and a recolour.

Dlcs will not be delayed by patches when they usually come with patches in the first place.

CA told .Mitch that it was unintentional for the factions getting locked but it was because of dlc...