PDA

View Full Version : Game drops you to the main menu

Sigurd
09-10-2013, 11:16
Alright... posted this before but no-one answered.

That's it. I can't get any further with my Roman campaign (at 226 BC). Every time I fight a battle I can't get back to the campaign map. I am thrown out to the main menu and the most recent saves (made several) will do the same. I can load older saves, but it kinda defeats the point when you just can't progress in the game. I even loaded an older save and didn't fight a single battle, just stayed in the campaign map and moved past 226 BC to 225 BC.. but as soon as I fight a battle (able to finish the battle), I get thrown out to the main menu when loading the campaign map.

Anyone experienced anything similar?

I am wondering if this is a prologue bug. Read some similar complaints on .com and they were related to playing the prologue which suddenly stops and you are expected to continue by playing an actual campaign.
Problem is... I didn't play the prologue. I can't get past the point I am at and it always happens after I successfully take a full city. Which incidentally is where I am at in my campaign. I have laid siege to two major cities, one in Provincia and the other the rebel controlled Corsica & Sardinia: either one will drop my game to the menu.. and trying to reload any saves from just before taking one of those cities will not load.
Maybe the solution would be to just play the prologue and trigger whatever lays dormant in the game.

Did all of you play the prologue before starting your own campaign?

Sp4
09-10-2013, 13:51
Never actually finished the prologue as it is pretty vague after a while so I just went to play a campaign and figure stuff out. The only thing the campaign has done for me before is to get stuck on an AI turn but reloading the last autosave usually fixes that.
In your case, I'd go and reinstall game, maybe delete all saves and settings and try again, that sort of stuff.

Sigurd
09-10-2013, 14:41
Never actually finished the prologue as it is pretty vague after a while so I just went to play a campaign and figure stuff out. The only thing the campaign has done for me before is to get stuck on an AI turn but reloading the last autosave usually fixes that.
In your case, I'd go and reinstall game, maybe delete all saves and settings and try again, that sort of stuff.
Reinstall and delete all saves? That would be last option. I don't have the RL time to get to my current point a second time... Isn't there an option of a cloud save in this game? or am I mixing stuff now?

Sp4
09-10-2013, 14:49
There is if you chose to use it. You can also just back up the saves.

Sigurd
09-14-2013, 13:05
The new patch fixed my problem... :beam:

Hooahguy
09-14-2013, 14:39
Good to hear!