PDA

View Full Version : Something strange

Quillan
09-20-2013, 03:37
Ok, so something really weird just happened to me. In my Rome campaign, I finally researched Professional Soldiery. Besides allowing the building of the level 4 barracks, it's supposed to be Marian Reforms v2. First cohorts can be retrained into eagle cohorts, veteran legionaries retrain into evocati cohorts, and so forth. Equites are supposed to be able to retrain into legionary cavalry; when I retrain them though, they turn into legionaries. They go from cavalry into mid-grade infantry. Has this happened to anyone else?:inquisitive:

Sp4
09-20-2013, 05:13
Didn't get there yet, but thanks for letting me know =P

I think I only have two units of Equites though. Mostly all other cav is Auxiliary or Auxiliary Celtic.

WildMarker
09-22-2013, 17:00
That sounds really weird. Wait, did they turn into regular Legionaires or Legionary Cohorts?

Sp4
09-22-2013, 18:37
I got there myself now and it is not happening to me. When you retrain Equites though, their picture in your army shifts as they stack up behind the general and then comes the infantry.

Quillan
09-23-2013, 01:45
Yeah, I figured that out later on. The position moved, so the slot under my former equites was now a legionary cohort instead of a legionary cavalry. They were way over to the left behind the legatus.

AntiDamascus
09-23-2013, 03:17
I know why they do it but it is annoying when they reshuffle the order as I upgrade