PDA

View Full Version : Shoot me, but another suggestion

horatio
11-22-2000, 12:11
I havn't read it, but I know someone MUST have posted this suggestion already. But the more I play online, the more it become obvious that this needs to be added:

An online option for death matching... No defender,no attacker. Weather is random or agreed on beforehand. Two options on setup:

A) People don't get to setup their troops beforehand, they have to take the generic placements available + both "dropzones" are place much more foward so that when the game starts each side is not much further than just out of ballistic range. (This would also make games start faster, eh?)

B) People do get to place their troops, but the goal is not just destruction, but holding the "target" in the center of the map. This option has an appeal because the timer could come back into effect. Whoever "controls" the target area at the time expiration wins, if there is not a clear victor yet, it can go into overtime till someone losses control.

Both of these options would do wonders for online play I think. The attack/defender premise has lost all of its luster because there is no online campaign possible. These options would at least make the best of whats available AND would finally utilize all these other maps besides Totomi because the camper issue basically disapears (less so for option A)

So there.

And if the "sound" dude is still out there, I have one or two more ideas.