PDA

View Full Version : Fearful Fun Online

DragonCat
11-23-2000, 01:39
I had two wonderful battles last night, one against my Fearful friends on Totomi and the other playing as their ally on another map (dang forgot the name).

Any way, thanks to wonderful allies, we were able to defeat the frolicsome fears in a contest marked on both sides by a drop on each side and mass routings of entire armies. Freaky fun all around.

The second battle was much more interesting and very hard fought. My hat's off to Grimemporer who proved to be an honorable and hardfighting foe. Below is the tale!

Audition for the Clan

Shipoffear and I took the left half of the battlefield while Elmarkofear and Jstfeared took the right. I have no idea what happened over there but by the end game, the right half of the battlefield was nothing but a bodystrewn graveyard, empty of live habitation, all men either dead or departed.

On the left half of the field we waged a fearsome battle with shipoffear and I waging an uphill battle against our foemen.

Ship took the edge of the board meaning he met the enemy on near even ground. A few of my units joined him, while the rest waited onthe plains below, ready to flank the other opponent who was camped high upon the back hill, the dreaded Grimemporer. After a furious battle Ship and his oppoenent were locked in a death spiral, both hemorrhaging men freely. Finally Grimemporer committed the bulk of his men to the fray coming down off his pinnacle, while I worked some fast running warror monks and gun units around the right UP the sheerest part of the cliff to out flank him. After further furious fighting we reached an impasse, a censura, a breathing room while we counted the dead and rallied our fleeing troops. All but one of my units had broken including my general and that lone unit was wavering on the brink of desertion. But those proud few held giving me the chance to rally my men by their example and to regroup. Looking over my assests i was pleased to note I still had 4 gun units, two at 2 thirds strenght and the two musket units still at full strength. JOY! In addition, I still had two samurai archers, one still with 60% arrow supply and the other, my general, depleted. One unit of cavalry archers, depleted, and several ragtag, battlescarred, panting survivors composed of yari samurai, warrior monks, and yari ashiguru. A very motley group, ready to run at the slightest spark.

The enemy had regrouped on the high ground and still had one unit of guns and a lot of warrior monks and yari samurai, including a fresh unit of 5 honor warrior monks led by general Grimemporer himself. My monks, were green recruits of honor 1.

Shipoffear had one gift left, a ragtag troop of cavalry. In concert we rushed the guns. We managed to break them before our units broke themselves. ship was done. The battlefield living were now only mine and Grimemporer's men.

We paused to honor the dead and compose our thoughts before moving to strike. Slowly I maneuvered my men to bolster their morale. Guns to the front, each backed by sturdy men behind and no flanks exposed. Slowly I edged around to march up to the high ground. My worthy foe, seeing the sun beginning to set in the west decided he could prevail by withdrawing his men to a less exposed position than the crest of that mighty hill that had already been christened with so much samurai warrior blood. he decamped to the nearby woods so as to be less exposed to the murderous volleys from my guns.

Carefully, aware of the passing of time, but not rushing into a trap, I inched my men forward toward the woods. Again, Grim emporer judged he could gain advantage and scampered his men out the other side and over to the far edge of the battlefield to another plot of trees on the far hill.

I charged my men afterhim so as not to lose contact and when he hit the bottom of the hill I charged my cavalry into his stagglers routing them from the fray. He turned to fight off my lone cavalrymen which allowed my gunners to get in to range and fire volley after fearful volley into his ranks. More of his men began to route and i committed the remainder of my forces against his remaining warrior monks who had the advantage of height, training and honor. Long the battle raged there on the hillside, neither side giving quarter, the guns rained fire on friend and foe alike until one must break or die. to the rear, I see Grimemporer has managed to rally his routing units inspired by the heroic battle of the generals personal guard there on the hill making their stand. until suddenly, it was over. Grimemporer's men could stand the strain no longer and broke and ran. The rallying troops seeing this despaired and hurried home to carry the tidings of this great battle to their brethern.

the spirits of the Fears hanging over the battlefield breathed their praises into the wind. Their accolades applauding in the movement of the trees. The battlefield was won. DragonCat triumphant!

------------------
DragonCat
"On the prowl . . . ."

The Black Ship
11-23-2000, 01:49
Great recount Cat! I'm still feeling the effects of that battle http://cgi.tripod.com/smilecwm/cgi-bin/s/net4/smiling2.gif Grim and compatriots were very worthy foes, and did an admirable job indeed, but it was you who took command of the field!

My admiration is complete http://cgi.tripod.com/smilecwm/cgi-bin/s/net3/smileJap.gif

Obake
11-23-2000, 02:25
Well fought Cat! The map in question was Tosa.

The Fears have been making a point of playing King-of-the-Hill by attacking on Tosa for a couple of weeks now. We have been very successful in our efforts so far, but your tale recounts what seems to be one of the bloodiest assaults yet!

Praise and honor to you for saving the lives of my Clan-mates!

------------------
Obake http://members.tripod.com/smilecwm/cgi-bin/s/net8/laghost.gif

We are but shadows of our former selves and the sons and daughters of lions have become sheep. I am the ghost of our past.

leoknite
11-23-2000, 07:07
u know if i know we could post stories of great battles i woul have done it long ago, darn that bong story would be really cool. This story was really cool, must be a battle then went down in history, I applaud the battlers in this tale no matter who won or lost.

ElmarkOFear
11-23-2000, 07:33
A wonderful tale Dragon, I am glad you left out the part where my men ran and hid in the woods crying out for their mommies! Whew!, that would have been really embarrassing for me. ooops damn err. . . you all didn't read that, uh, err . . . those were Jst's men not mine, yeah, yeah that's the ticket!, Jst's men. MUHWAHAHAHAHAHA Elmarko of Fearful ways