PDA

View Full Version : Will there be another MTW patch????

einar
11-12-2002, 10:24
Well, i was reading yesterday the Dungeon section and i realized that after patching the game has many bugs yet. Some of them, very visible like the mongols occidental portraits. Well, my question is: Will there be another patch for MTW???.

Azrael
11-12-2002, 15:23
Interesting Question.

My game is patched and runs just as sweet as before. Just to add to einar's question, is the patch we've loaded from totalwar.com the Official Version or a (what do you call them), a beta(?).
I.E. after a few months, can we expect Activision to be making an official patch available?

I'm sure that there will be more patches for MTW. These are the makers of Shogun. I bought this game later than most when I got my first computer. I was amazed and impressed by the game, but just as amazed and impressed by the Support that existed through the multiplayer community, the web sites, both fan and official, and the continued support via downloads of patches.

The developers did a great job keeping STW up to date with patches. I'm sure they will keep on top of MTW in the same fashion.

Azrael

(gee, I suppose I could have just typed yes)

The_Dude
11-12-2002, 15:34
Quote:
My game is patched and runs just as sweet as before. Just to add to einar's question, is the patch we've loaded from totalwar.com the Official Version or a (what do you call them), a beta(?).
I.E. after a few months, can we expect Activision to be making an official patch available

It seems that there is no beta patch, the first released by fileplanet was the good patch but without info file.

einar
11-12-2002, 17:09
Well i think the patch is the official, there is a post by Gil in which he says that the differences between the leaked patch and the official patch were none.

I like the patch, is an improvement over the earlier version of the game, but it has a bug that don't like me nothing......bacause is a bug that be very visible...In 1230 appear the mongols and the portraits of their generals are....the christians ones.....I don't like these mongols with occidental faces. No, no, no, no is like the English faction were muslim. Have you noticed this???. I'm playing with the spanish version of the game, i think the bug is present in all versions of the game...

That is the reason of my question, this bug and the other bugs posted in the dungeon.

We like so many MTW that we want to have a perfect MTW....

Gregoshi
11-12-2002, 18:50
They must have messed up the portraits by occident. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

* Gregoshi dives for cover... *

Catiline
11-12-2002, 19:16
THat deserves a slap gregoshi. Noone should be alowed to make puns like that in public. You'll get Soly's friend set upon you

einar
11-12-2002, 19:26
Is there any method for correcting this bug without hardcoding????

a completely inoffensive name
10-24-2011, 08:09
I don't think there is going to be another patch for at least another few months.

Andres
10-24-2011, 09:29
I don't think there is going to be another patch for at least another few months.

I don't think we'll see you performing another thread necromancy ritual in the EH for at least another few months :stare:

Closed.