PDA

View Full Version : converting Christians

LovelyHaji
11-13-2002, 16:08
I've all but finished an English campaign, and i fancy spreading some Islam or something this time i.e i'd like a change from my standard billmen/lbow/hobilar/cmaa armies. Who is the most fun? i quite like the idea of a camel army...

KukriKhan
11-13-2002, 16:15
For my advice: call 1-800-Egyptians; lot's o'camel dung available (just keep a wary eye on the Turks, and the Almohads are not always the most brotherly of Muslims.

SideshowBob
11-13-2002, 16:37
The Egyptians and the Turks have the best 'different' units. The Turks can be damn hard especially on the higher difficultly levels, you start with 4 provinces, no access to the sea and everyone hates you and wants you dead.

The Egyptians are easyier, with better provinces to make money from. Your best bet as the Egyptians is to let the Turk and Byzantium beat the hell out of each other and then you pick up the pieces after.

Who ever you play, just watch Georgia and the province north from that (Ryzan i think it's called) because around 1220 a massive golden hoard invasion force comes steaming in. Frightening at first but normally run out of steam fairly quickly, although they are supposed to last longer with the patch.

LovelyHaji
11-13-2002, 17:13
Ha i had a patched Golden Horde come in but despite their numbers (tons of them) they were no match for the mighty English. Suck on my billman The Turks sound like a challenge. Onwards my mighty camels

LovelyHaji
11-13-2002, 17:16
Can i get in the man hall yet? Or must i fetch a shrubbery or suchlike?

Mithrandir
11-13-2002, 17:22
Quote[/b] (LovelyHaji @ Nov. 13 2002,10:16)]Can i get in the man hall yet? Or must i fetch a shrubbery or suchlike?
No, ....a haring

I've found Almohads to be quite playable, egyptians too, haven't tried Turks yet :o.

Spetulhu
11-20-2002, 01:01
I`ve only managed to try the Byzantine, the Danish and the English yet. A muslim faction might be fun for a change, so why not?

Hosakawa Tito
11-20-2002, 01:37
The best part about playing a Muslim faction is you don't have to play nice, as far as the Pope is concerned. Camel warriors are fun, but once out of their element, the desert, they aren't so good. The muslim navy can be quite dominating in the early campaign, and you can set up a lucrative trade route, build up a nice war chest of florins, then go kick christian butt.

LadyAnn
11-20-2002, 02:47
Walk Like an Egyptian

Egypt is fun to play. Camel sucks, unless you can build berber camel (not until you grab some of Almohads heart provinces). But Mameluke archers are very useful unit. Mameluke Cav (good light cav) has bonus in Egypt. Never had a chance to produce a single Egyptian heavy cav (Some unpronounceable name). These are Early Era, of course.

Annie

Postino
11-20-2002, 03:18
i found the turks, in starting position and early period units, to be very difficult. you have to play nice to the byz's, their infantry is killer, especially on expert. best direction is through the egyptians to the almo's, and let the byz come at you.

Al Qasim Hussein
11-20-2002, 04:54
There are just alack of Almohad lovers in this world or at least on these boards...

I mean, Almohad Urban Militia, come on Where's the respect? In the early period I defy anyone to find a unit that can consistently handle the AUM regularly. When I play the ALmohads, in fact, I can usually throw those units around until the late period w/out significant opposition.

And don't even get me started on the nubian spearmen. Although the Turks and Egyptians have the chance to start w/ (or nearly start w/ in the Turkish case, but its not to hard to trundle on over to Cyrenacia and get 'em) so its really the AUM that seal the deal for me.

rasoforos
11-20-2002, 15:14
yep , almohands is quite easy to play and their AUM are unchallenged early in the game. moreover they are cheap ,easu to make and you ll be using them all the way to the end. the Almohands might not start with rich provinces like the Egyptians do but its really easy to defend and attack and if you dominate the southern medditeranean sea you ll have no problem with attacks coming from that direction.

so my choice for islam is the Almohads , you just wait for the egyptians or spanish to engage in a war and then you march in their lands with no problem at all.

War is the father of everything Heracletus