PDA

View Full Version : Effects of the General, Valour and Honour

Commander Greven il-Vec
11-25-2002, 22:37
As a newbie, there's something that i must know about MTW.
Please answer them if you can, i would be very grateful.

First of all, as a general stat Command, how does it affect the troops?

How does affect valour level of a army. For example, a kataphraktoi of valour level 0 has 8 charge 3 melee 5 defense etc.. Which of them changes if the troop attains level 1 valor?

As question three, what is honour. For example Kataphraktoi has 4 honor, what does it mean?

Lastly, does Acumen affects the income of province whose chief or duke situates at an other province.

If you know, i need mathematical information for all of these or do you know a document or website where i can find a good (mathematical) infos about these matters. Thank you for your interest...

Regards

rpasell
11-25-2002, 22:42
Your generals command effects morale (i.e. how easily your troops route, and how long they hold a fight).

Valour does the same.

Your governor could be across the world, and it won't effect the income of the province.

I don't know what honor is.

The official strategy guide breaks it down mathmatically.

MonkeyMan
11-25-2002, 23:23
not quite, not having the facts to hand but i get:

for each 2 command stars you get + 1 valour.

each level of valour gives you +1 attack, +1 defence and +2 morale.

so an 8 star general gives +4 attack, +4 Defence and +8 morale to each unit under his command.

This makes a huge differance in combat.

Honour is the STW equivalent of Valour.

I forget about the acumen stat to be honest, but i think it works pretty much like additional farmland and trade. I.e. 9 accumen = roughly + 80% to income. However i field this one to someone else who has the stats on hand. Regardless the better the acumen the better the income, so long as you pay attention to any Vices and Vitues the governer has to, getting a -30% income on a 4 star accumen guy may as well be replaced by a clean 2 star. Remember to tax fairly and reap the rewards in the long run rather than the short.

Azrael
11-26-2002, 04:59
And, be aware...

That a Generals Vices and Virtues may affect his command rating both adversely and beneficially.

Azrael

Gregoshi
11-26-2002, 06:44
Welcome aboard Commander.

Well said by the others. Commander, is there any particular reason you need exact numbers?

Commander Greven il-Vec
11-26-2002, 12:17
Well, i guess i get what i needed so thank you much all. I demanded the exact numbers just for being more informed. I'll be here too to help you as i can. See you later...

Puzz3D
11-26-2002, 19:15
Commander Greven il-Vec,

One correction on the valor gained from the general's command (stars) rating. In the MTW single player campaign, morale has been separated out from valor gain when it comes from the general. The general's command rating affects the attack and defend combat stats, but not morale. Morale now comes directly from the general's V&V's.

Valor gained by the unit in battle or from upgrades follows the +1 att, +1 def and +2 morale formula as stated by MonkeyMan.