PDA

View Full Version : More Jews

rspete
11-29-2002, 00:48
I feel like a second-class citizen being forced to post in the Entrance Hall forum. All of the good conversations occurs in the Main Hall, but it looks like I am going to have to earn my way up by posting. I have been playing the game for a while now, and I have noticed that a small percentage of a population is sometimes Jewish. Is there a way to raise the Jewish population to any substantial amount? Or to have a Jewish general?

tarkins
11-29-2002, 02:39
There was not a lot of Jews in the history. They was always persecuted. So it is normal that there isn't a lot of Jews in the game.

Azrael
11-29-2002, 06:32
Hey RSPete,

As far as I can tell, the Jewish Community of MTW live North of Byzantium.

Since they are part of non-playable factions, the only way to get a Jewish General, is to find one you like and bribe him into joining your forces.

Be careful if you make him a governer though. Religion clashes between population and the governer may provoke rebellions.

Have a look in the Dungeon section. I'm sure there is a way to mod your game so that you can play as these factions, and possibly create rabbis and synaguogues.

Other folks might have some ideas too.

Azrael

Gregoshi
11-29-2002, 06:57
Welcome rspete. You're not second class, it just takes a while to print up your gold plated membership card. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

[tongue-in-cheek]
I'm a bit hurt that you think all the good stuff is in the Main Hall. Not true. The MH is just a bunch of whiny old MTW-ers complaining about things like why aren't the urban militia armed with spoons like they were in real life?. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/rolleyes.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif
[/tongue-in-cheek]

As to your question, I think your best bet is having a chat with the mod squad in the Dungeon as Azreal suggested.

Spetulhu
11-29-2002, 07:14
Quote[/b] (Azrael @ Nov. 29 2002,06:32)]As far as I can tell, the Jewish Community of MTW live North of Byzantium.
The people north of Byzantium are pagans, not jews... If you look closely you`ll notice they come with a five-pointed star, not the six-pointed David`s Star.

housecarl
11-29-2002, 14:31
But it’s true the urban militia were armed with spoons in real life, not to mention the deadly fruit knife brigade and the elite sponge cake server division…..

barocca
11-29-2002, 15:18

we can enable pagan factions, agents, unique buildings, unique agents and similar,
but there is not enough infrastructure in place in the games hard code to allow us to enable jewish as a religion/culture.
http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/frown.gif

PatrickNeil
12-02-2002, 01:45
Ach Barocca, don't speak too soon. Just today I've rigged up a working Jewish faction, with all Jewish generals, Synagogues and Rabbis and Grand Synagogues and all. I haven't done any of the pretty work, like the pictures, nor the decriptions, but I might have them done in time for the end of Hanukkah. The problem is that they only work when the Aragonese are set up as a Muslim culture, which is the requirement for building any Jewish stuff right now.

Patrick

Musashi
12-02-2002, 03:54
There wouldn't be 'grand synagogues'... The jewish equivalent would be the temple (Note, that's the temple, not a temple) which could only really be constructed in Jerusalem (So you'd have to require that it be built in Palestine only I guess).

-Musashi

Foreign Devil
12-02-2002, 10:18
You know, I'd like to see more pagans. Not enough dancing around the fire at night if you ask me. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

el_slapper
12-02-2002, 12:26
try the pagan mod, available on this site. Way fun, and full of pagans

PatrickNeil
12-02-2002, 23:34
Yes, do download the Pagan mod, I was very proud of that one. I have found images of Herod's temple to use for the Grand Synagogue. I said that because I set it up like the mosque and grand mosque.

I've finished the images for the buildings, they're pretty nice. So that leaves the Rabbi and Muezzin, and possibly the superior Rabbi, I'll need a name for that. More research nesassary maybe.

Patrick

King David
12-03-2002, 00:27
Quote[/b] (PatrickNeil @ Dec. 02 2002,16:34)]Yes, do download the Pagan mod, I was very proud of that one. I have found images of Herod's temple to use for the Grand Synagogue. I said that because I set it up like the mosque and grand mosque.

I've finished the images for the buildings, they're pretty nice. So that leaves the Rabbi and Muezzin, and possibly the superior Rabbi, I'll need a name for that. More research nesassary maybe.

Patrick
Hey patrick, I would be very interested in your jewish faction. I could use them in the Late Era of the Roman Mod Im making. Also could use your help with special units if you can pitch in. I have been posting at the dungeon but uff it is dead in there I just go there to talk to myself

LadyAnn
12-03-2002, 03:26
I know it is not funny, but today I am bad...

Can other factions send Naphta throwers as suicide bomber to disrupt the Jewish faction economy? (Only in the mod of the game of course... I condemn the suicide bomber tactics on civilians, be the civilian muslims, jews, christians, budhists or atheists.)

Annie

rspete
12-04-2002, 00:55
A Jewish faction would defiantly be cool (as I myself am a Jew) but only as long as it is tasteful, not just replacing the religion of one faction to make it Judaism. I have been looking for a mod to make the Swiss a playable faction. Please inform me if one as available.

GameDesigner
12-05-2002, 04:41
A little known fact of history is that the Khazar empire (yes thats the Khazar north of Byz) made Judaism it's official state religon after a religon contest between reps of the Moslems, Christians and Jews. The Cynical explanation was that they wanted to be able to trade with everybody. In any case they became a powerful Jewish state and a major military force. Red haired Jews are still sometimes called Khazars as a reference to this. Stalin was so upset about this that he had the ruid Khazar capital flooded by building a dam (what an A**hole). Very cool history.

PatrickNeil
12-06-2002, 03:48
Just for that, Khazar's become jewish. I'll upload the mod tonight, so look for a Jewish Civil Rights item in the downloads. I'll also put the link up in this thread. Thanks for the comments.

Lady Ann, don't you worry, I hate terrorists too, and I am
working on battle field suicide squads. No real connection to terrorist than the one people are sure to make. They invisible like Hasishin, but instead have a weapon that launches like a cannon, just with no distance. They wouldn't be specifically for muslim factions, don't worry.

Look for that link in second.

Patrick

PatrickNeil
12-06-2002, 04:50
And here's that link:
http://www.totalwar.org/Downloa....don.zip (http://www.totalwar.org/Downloads/Mtw_Uploads/MTWupload/Jewish_Civil_Rights_Addon.zip)

After installing, go to a new campaign, and pick Skrewdriver 1.0, play as the Aragonese, they're Jewish, or any of the other factions, they're all pretty interestingly situated.

Patrick