PDA

View Full Version : Iberian Civilisation glory goal impossible?

Sarastro
12-05-2002, 15:45
Just wondering if anyone knows whether the Iberian Civilisation goal is actually possible (30 or more buildings/upgrades in Castile, Cordoba, etc). Seems to be impossible, since you can only ever get 1 province with 30+ buildings by having a Chancellery-Marshal's Palace-etc. Also, if they've fixed it so that you can only ever have one cathederal in the patch, then the whole thing becomes pointless (need cathederal for University-College of Surgeons-Military Academy).

Been bugging me for a while now, so be glad to hear if anyone has any ideas.

Cheers,

Sarastro

A.Saturnus
12-05-2002, 16:03
Including all upgrades, there can be 30 buildings in a province without cathedral. Even though, this goal is not easy to achieve. You must build continually.

Gregoshi
12-05-2002, 16:41
Welcome to the Entrance Hall Sarastro. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

I can't help you with your question. Fortunately A.Saturnus can. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/tongue.gif

rpasell
12-05-2002, 19:05
30 building or upgrades isn't really that hard. The upgrades are the key, I did it in relatively short time span. Building and upgrading to high levels in weapons, and armour, churches, merchants and ship building upgrades. There are at least 10 buildings that only take a year or 2 to build, then another 10 or so that are 4 year upgrades, place ring walls etc.

Sarastro
12-07-2002, 03:08
Thanks for the replies.

I'd already thought about the upgrade thing, which is what I was wondering - when I've tried it (twice from early, building continually), the game doesn't seem to recognise upgrades (ie unmod fortress = 5 buildings)as part of the 30...I'm guessing it might be a bug along the same lines as the occasional failure of the game to count sucessful Crusades to Palestine, etc in your GA.

BTW, did those who have completed the Iberian Civilisation goal have the patch installed before you did so? Haven't installed it yet, and was thinking it might be that they've fixed it.

Thanks,

Sarastro