PDA

View Full Version : Lingering Effects of Victory

Ueriah
12-10-2002, 15:19
In the midst of my first real single player campaign (that is, now that I'm getting the hang of this interface) and I'm doing quite well as the English. I've conquered France, Germany, Poland, part of Italy and part of the Byzantines, as well as a few minor factions around the English isles. I'm now facing the Golden Hoarde to my East and the Almohads to my West and have just entered into war with the Almohads. Last turn (1261) had a big battle for some of thier Spanish holdings (2000 men attacking, 1800 defending, the biggest fight I've done yet&#33http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif that ended in victory.

Having just fought my first two wars against the Almohads and won them both, will they suffer a slight morale penalty the next time we meet on the battlefield as a result? That would make sense but I'm not sure if the game factors in these things. Does anyone know?

RunAway!!
12-10-2002, 15:38
Their territories would experience a drop in loyalty, but their armies will still be fine. As far as I know, wins / losses isn't translated into battlefield morale except through valour gained, command, and any vices/ virtues.

Ueriah
12-10-2002, 15:42
Hmm. I hadn't really considered valor, and I guess that makes sense... the army that won probably gained more valor overall, and valor really does seem to make a differance in how well troops fight. Thanks for the insight.

ShaiHulud
12-10-2002, 18:36
They might suffer in morale IF they are led by a general whom you previously defeated. He'll be known as a 'Good Runner' and that vice provides for a morale loss.