PDA

View Full Version : Assassins

bscox00
11-25-2002, 17:28
When I'm playing, the AI must attempt or actually succeeds in assasinating at least 2 if not 4 generals a turn.

Is there any method of slowing them down? Or discovering them?

In Shogun, I know you could use an assassin to kill another assassin... http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif

rasoforos
11-25-2002, 17:35
build towers in every province , they ussually work well in killing assasins , if you take over a province and there is no tower let it be the first building u build or remove your general from there. Additionally i think spies can detect assasins so place. i ussually keep a tower , 2 spies , 1 assasin in each province and rarelly get succesfull assasinations against me.

Basileus
11-25-2002, 18:24
Get Towers, i always have like 2diplomats 2 assasins 2 spies in all my provinces hehe seems to help cathing them spies, they get valor by doing it aswell..;)

Naagi
11-25-2002, 18:32
All its taking me is an assassin and a border fort, and im catching assassins right and left. The Pope doesnt like me being on his peninsula i guess. I'll see how he like all those Orthodox bishops in his province. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Qilue
11-27-2002, 19:36
You can also kind of direct the AI's attention away from your generals.

I usually leave my king camped in a coastal province away from the front. In that province, I keep 1 assassin and 6-7 emissaries. In another province, I keep 1 assassin and 6-7 priests.

This serves a dual purpose. Firstly, the assassin's valour goes up making him useful later for hunting down inquisitors. Secondly, the AI is more interested in killing emissaries and priests than generals especially if you have a large bank account.

Shay
11-29-2002, 11:28
I use five assasin and five spys and one diplomat in every province and ten assasins and 10 spys in constantinople were my king is seems to work for me ..
can spys still cause a rebellion after the patch and how many will i need ten before garanteed a rebelion before
how many now??

SmokWawelski
12-02-2002, 21:26
I think it depends on how loyal the province is to start with, and where the King is, since the province that he is occupying will not revolt.

woodsman22
12-10-2002, 20:30
I also have found that a spy, assasin, and a border fort in each teritory have limited the number of successful AI attempts. Occasionally if they send enough one may still get through.