PDA

View Full Version : Killing the pope

hundurinn
12-07-2002, 20:27
Has anyone killed the pope with inquisitioner?

And What is your favourite period? http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/joker.gif

Mithrandir
12-07-2002, 20:36
No, though it can be done.

For campaign : High, dont have to bother with the tedious building up to funner units, but still have some building up of the tech tree to be done.
For Custom (online battles) All, though the advanced artillery in late adds a bit to gameplay, both fun and not so fun. Like the late units though...

Alrowan
12-08-2002, 06:24
ive killed the pope with an inquisitor before... was a 5 star inquisitor, and i ended up then convicting the next pope

what one of my aims is to convict an entire royal family of a faction whos princess you just married... try to get those lands

RunAway!!
12-08-2002, 08:54
After my first campaign where inquisitors ended up burning just about every other general I had, you can be sure any inquisitors I see get assassinated really quick. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif

As far as periods go, most of my campaigns I've started off in the early period, although now I'm trying the High period. Early gets pretty tedious unit wise...no fun having a fortress and still relying on feudal men at arms

king Halla III
12-08-2002, 14:07
when i was playin with the english i kept on killing people so the pope and all of his mates started an attack on me i waas pissed off http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/mecry.gif

Qilue
12-08-2002, 14:39
You can get the pope (or any other catholic ruler) with a grand inquisitor, but he must have a very low piety rating. One 6 star grand inquisitor I had once had the Pope and the King of France in his list of souls saved.

Favourite era is late, but I prefer to start in early.

Jxrc
12-10-2002, 11:26
Commentaire[/b] ]

what one of my aims is to convict an entire royal family of a faction whos princess you just married... try to get those lands

Sorry but I do think the claim to their land thing after wedding a princess does not work at all. Never read or seen anything pointing to the contrary ...

einar
12-10-2002, 14:20
Quote[/b] (Jxrc @ Dec. 10 2002,04:26)]
Quote[/b] ]

Sorry but I do think the claim to their land thing after wedding a princess does not work at all. Never read or seen anything pointing to the contrary ...
Yes, it's a feature that nobody have seen http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/pissed.gif

ICantSpellDawg
12-10-2002, 18:11
killing the pope is a fav pastime in this game for me. popes back then tended not to even be decent human beings - today they arnt bad and border even... extremly pius

Musashi
12-10-2002, 20:03
The princess feature does work, but only in the same generation... So if you marry a princess, kill off all her brothers, and then kill her father, you'll get their lands (You have to use assassins or inquisitors for the killing because if you're not allied with them when the line ends, it won't work). But if her father dies and one of her brothers takes over, you lose all claim. So you have to kill the heirs first, then the king, not the other way around.

In my current game I've killed 5 popes in 10 years because they keep getting on my back about attacking the spanish and the swiss (Both of whom invaded me and won't accept my generous ceasefire offers). The last one I killed with one of my 5 star grand inquisitors.

-Musashi

Mr Frost
12-11-2002, 13:01
It tickles me how an inquisitor can start an inquisition in no-catholic territories and get away with it when in real life , the rulers there would not bother with assasins but simply have their armies arrest the reprobate and cut his goolies off as a start to a slow get medieval on his arse execution for murder . Bit of coding weirdness that is I feel .
while I'm on the subject , how true to history is Muslims and Orthodox preists preaching safely {well , relativly so} in catholic countries when the laws alowed the cotholic church to do near anything to you because the local bishop needed his S&M fix for the week ? Shouldn't they be penalties for such ?