PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Hoichi
11-23-2000, 05:42
Thought I'd introduce myself to the sword dojo. I've been playing STW since the demo days and have stopped by here often. I have been playing campaigns exclusely but these have become tedious, so last week I ventured into online fighting under the name Yoritomo Asakura. I have enjoyed this experience very much, even though I've lost many battles. I have played against some excellent and honorable taisho and will be online as often as I can (particulalary for team games).
I now have two questions that come to mind as a result of MP:

1. Some missile troops are deploed with the open order button pressed, but appear to be in closed order. Which is their true status?

2. In team games, there seems to be no method to determine (when you join) where you will set up. For instance, if you join last on that side, you might be on a flank or in the center. Someone mentioned here that
clan color determines this, i.e. white is always in the center. Does anyone know how this works?

Thanks in advance for your replies. I look forward to more discussions here now that I've broken cover.

A final note: I have encountered many of the fear clan online and have found them to be strong and jovial, but there are so many of them. In the interests of balance I am considering joining RA. (I'll contact Leo.) See you all on the battlefield.

Hoichi the Earless

leoknite
11-23-2000, 07:03
yeah them ra are nice people, but leo ick!

ElmarkOFear
11-23-2000, 07:40
Yori, you are a worthy opponent and I wish you luck with the clan of your choice, you will serve them honorably.
As for the color determining placement, I only know about the ronin colors being put in middle, the other colors I am not sure what determines their placement. I do know that if your team picks the same colors as last game then everyone will start exactly where they were before.
It just seems that there are a lot of Fears on since most of us play at the same time each night, we currently have 15 active members, but we have played more comp. games than any other clan. Team games are where the fun is . . 1 v 1 lost interest for me as did the flat maps such as totomi and 4th kawan, I have been having a lot of fun with the hilly maps because they are more of a challenge as the attacker.
Take care and good luck,
Elmarko of Fearful Ways

The Black Ship
11-23-2000, 07:43
Sorry if our Fearful Ways have disturbed the ether of the universe, requiring a gathering of the Dark forces http://cgi.tripod.com/smilecwm/cgi-bin/s/net4/karate.gif

If the greatness of an empire is gauged by the greatness of its rivals, then we must be doing something right http://cgi.tripod.com/smilecwm/cgi-bin/s/net3/smileJap.gif

Idaho
11-23-2000, 20:32
How's it going Yoritomo? We played last night... and lost.

I think there are a few things that are different online;

1 - dealing with the troop selection, honour reduction/increase for specific units.

2 - Most important - communicating and forming 2v2 strategies.

3 - Knowing the good players - and spotting quickly when you are playing muppets.

Any views?

HattoriKun
11-24-2000, 20:48
The contradictory open/closed order is confusing. I think the troops want to go to open formation when they come under arrow/bullet fire thereby lighting up the open formation button but still stay in closed formation until you press the open formation button.

Hoichi
11-24-2000, 23:22
You could be right Hattori, but I'm speaking about during the deployment phase before there is any combat.

I'm also still wondering about deployment location in team play. It would be helpful to know if you're going to be in the center (line troops) or on a flank (fast-moving troops). But I have no way to project that until after the koku is spent.

BTW Idaho, we'll have to play together again ... and win. http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

Hoichi

ShadowKill
11-24-2000, 23:42
hello

------------------
Fear not the sword to your front, but the blade at your back.

Tenchimuyo
11-27-2000, 21:16
Hi!