PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite English units

svnguyen
12-05-2002, 02:02
I want to get an informal poll of your favorite English units. Pick a unit for each category. I'll list mine first. I'll just list the Att/Def/Armour/Att Cav/Def Cav bonuses to keep it simple

Infantry All Purpose - Feudal Foot Knights 5/2/3 + Lg Shield
Infantry High Att vs Cavalry - Chivalric Foot Knights 4/6/5/3/1
Infantry High Def vs Cavalry - Order Foot Soldiers 0/3/3/1/4
Calvary - Chivalric Knights 5/5/7
Missles - Longbowmen and Pavise Arbalester

All these units except the missles have very high morale.

The Order Foot are great to hold up the enemy cavalry while the Chivalric Foot Knights kills them.
The Feudal Foot Knights make great all purpose infantry because they have high attack/defense + the Lg shield.
The Chivalric Knights has one of the best att/def defense ratings almost as good as Royal Knights but unit size is twice as big.
Longbows kill fast and can be used as support infantry when their arrows are depleted.
The Arbalesters can fire for most of the battle and have high armour to take missle fire too.

ShadesWolf
12-05-2002, 14:47
Longbows in wedge formation

either protected by Bills or poles

LadyAnn
12-06-2002, 01:07
Your selection, apart from the longbow which is typically English, looks same as Italian or French army. Selecting army is a process of trial and error and personal taste. But here is my opinion:

1. How could you forget about the Gallowglass? At cost of
200, it has stat of 8/5/0. It has bonus vs. armour too.

2. Billmen is also an exclusively English unit and it has good anti-cav property.

3. In low cost game, Alan Merc could do the job of chasing off opponent force or flanking. Chiv.Knight only is available in High Era.

Annie

svnguyen
12-06-2002, 02:23
Gallowglasses - With a 0 defense they are too fragile for me. I would have to babysit them the whole game and only use them as a flanking unit only.

Billmen - They seemed to be comparable to Chivalric Foot Knights when upgraded. I just don't like their low starting morale though.

Alans - I need to look into them. They seem very capable as a unit to chase down missle units.