PDA

View Full Version : Online campaign: use of factions

Magyar Khan
12-08-2002, 04:52
should it be possible for a side in a campaign when they have faction A and they conquer region with a native faction B that teh conquering side can field units of faction B as well in teh turns after?

we have seen it i history but must there not be soem sort of penalty?

Gregoshi
12-08-2002, 05:20
Yes.

Valour penalty? How long should the penalty last? If the online campaign has something like province loyalty, maybe the penalty lasts longer the higher the loyalty to the old regime at the time of conquest. That's getting into more book work though.

Postino
12-08-2002, 08:02
i agree that you should be able to produce the units, as long as a certain percentage of loytality is acheived there, thus eliminating the need for a valor penality. a valor penality is a good idea, but a morale penality would be more accurate b/c valor (IMO) is a local attribute; an elite unit would have much valor but may or may not like who they are fighting for. However, implementing a morale penality may be impossible, and a valor penality tedious, so my first idea would be the easier option.

baz
12-08-2002, 14:08
im not sure a loyalty feature will work well in an online campaign but then again maybe it is required to stop a chain rout like spree through a kingdom.

Ideally it should be yes, but.... i reckon its a bit too complicated.

Magyar Khan
12-08-2002, 14:35
well maybe u can "buy" loyalty for one time price

still it adds unnecesaary cmplexity.

maybe the advantage of conquering new land should -only- result in being able to field another faction. so the regions income is solely used for paying its loyalty.

Postino
12-08-2002, 20:59
Quote[/b] (Magyar Khan @ Dec. 08 2002,01:35)]maybe the advantage of conquering new land should -only- result in being able to field another faction. so the regions income is solely used for paying its loyalty.
for the entire length of the campaign? perhaps an "adjustment period" where no profit is turned, but after that one should garner some taxes from conqured territories. otherwise the only point to expasion is to feild a certain unit or refuse access and resouce from the enemie. you will have vast kingdoms becoming broke and sputtering out due to ANY expansion(not just rapid expansion)