PDA

View Full Version : New leisure activity?

BomilkarDate
12-09-2002, 14:42
Last few days many people found it a new leisure activity to call other people cheaters. I know that in some cases the people doing so thought to have found a prove for it. And in all cases I know, the people doing so were wrong.
What I want to state here is two things.

One is please remember this. Learn from it ans stop accusing everyone of cheating after reading a logfile or when you are in bad mood. We know that some accusations would not have been necessary if some guys would have cooled down before accusing.

The other one is, if you think someone is cheating talk to this person first, instead of writing it to the whole online community. Calling someone a cheater in public is no fun, no good joke and can really do lots of damage to the allready hurt community.

ELITEofBomilkar

Gregoshi
12-09-2002, 17:58
Thanks for those words of wisdom BomilkarDate.

Magyar Khan
12-09-2002, 18:42
isnt posting a cheaters name forbidden? if so than i dont think its written in here.

i got the strong feeling u were referring to sirtains army.

well in teh past u could rely on a logfile, i myself was contacted by 2 people to check teh situation, i played him, had replay and logfiles and at first it looked like a flroincheater. it seemed he was not, so i posted thata s well.

i carry the hat of headinquistitor and try to be as neutral as i can, but i need tools i can rely on and the latter case showed me that the logfile and the reader are not errorproof.

moneycheaters excist
i have encountered and researched enuf moneycheaters to know they are/were there. maybe it was before your time. luckily they arent that bright and use all teh money they can receive with cracking. i admit: i find pleasure in tracking them. wise or not, its my way to keep the game "clean".

Gregoshi
12-09-2002, 19:07
Magyar, I know you know the rules. Just to show you it is in the Forum Rules and to take this opportunity to remind any others who may read this, I provide the applicable forum rule below. I underlined a key sentence for emphasis.

Quote[/b] ]Posts containing names of people suspected of cheating in the multiplayer game. This clause has been much debated; its purpose is to avoid fruitless controversy. No conclusive proof on anyone cheating in the multiplayer game can be obtained or presented. Therefore, the staff and the majority of the patrons (approximately 70% voted in favor) feel that it is for the best to avoid making accusations; even if truthful, their inconclusiveness will probably lead to "flame wars" which are inconvenient to the forum and its every patron. Keeping of private "cheater blacklists" is allowed, indeed encouraged, but The Guild does not wish to be the medium for such. (Note that in the case of "name posting", the staff will often make an exception and edit out the name rather than deleting the entire message.)

Magyar is the problem with both the logfile and the reader, or just one of them?

youssof_Toda
12-09-2002, 19:28
This topic reminds me of ErlikKhan. Anyone seen him lately?

Btw out of curiousity: why is the MP stats discussion still on top if its closed?

tootee
12-09-2002, 19:32
I believe there is already an existing thread.

Remember .Org policy.. no naming/accusation of cheaters with or without "proof". To remind all again about the rule:

Posts containing names of people suspected of cheating in the multiplayer game. This clause has been much debated; its purpose is to avoid fruitless controversy. No conclusive proof on anyone cheating in the multiplayer game can be obtained or presented. Therefore, the staff and the majority of the patrons (approximately 70% voted in favor) feel that it is for the best to avoid making accusations; even if truthful, their inconclusiveness will probably lead to "flame wars" which are inconvenient to the forum and its every patron. Keeping of private "cheater blacklists" is allowed, indeed encouraged, but The Guild does not wish to be the medium for such. (Note that in the case of "name posting", the staff will often make an exception and edit out the name rather than deleting the entire message.)

Thread closed.