PDA

View Full Version : Time for a Ladder

Alrowan
12-08-2002, 10:48
ok, i think this would most definitly boost M:TW online, and as Gamespy stores relavent information, im wondering if there is anyone who knows how to get a ladder up and running. personally i would see it as an excellent boost to the MP community, and perhaps get this game ticking online

if any of the developers know how to get this started we are all ears

youssof_Toda
12-08-2002, 12:12
Personally I like the situation as it is: no ladder. The ladders in STW and MI/WE didn't add much besides controversy and ppl trying to cheat the ladder to get high in the ranking.

Total War Assembly was (is?) trying to create a ladder but I don't know how far they got with that. You are right that a fair ladder could boost the online community because there is definitly a group of players which would be interested. But getting a fair ladder which will get the support of the majority of players online is difficult.

kyodai-britishbeef
12-08-2002, 12:26
i would like to see a ladder in operation,i think it adds some spice and healthy competition to gameplay. Or maybe a league could be started , and ran the same way as a football league i.e your fixtures r presest and u play 1 game a week and play each person twice , home and away, u could even have divisions elite, skilled,newbie hmmm the more i say about it the more i like it http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

FasT
12-08-2002, 12:51
i spoke to Gil on this matter a few nights ago
I think we will have to make our own ladder is seems,but the code for savin wins etc is nearly finished so Gil said:)
They may make one for us but im not 100% sure.I will get back to u on this http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/flirt.gif

Alrowan
12-08-2002, 13:15
thats really encourageing to hear, i think having the ability to boot players and such is good enough, and word gets arround fast when people do cheat

Kocmoc
12-08-2002, 21:06
we need compatitions and challanges as well, like our CLANWARBELT.

its a fair thing, and cheating impossible, as long we play honourable clans it will be trustworthy in any direction.

i think we need things like this too improve the gameplay, by setting different rules...

koc

ShadeHonestus
12-09-2002, 06:43
we need this and we need that...

clan leagues have suffered from zero participation so far...

I can easily make a challenge system/league with a ladder, but not if its simply going to be wasted...

I already have a ladder for tournaments...
I already have ladders for set leagues...

How many show up? How many are willing to follow through on their commitment to a league or tournament?

Not many obviously, but a challenge league would let the lazy be lazy and the committed gamers be committed. Of course if its going to be wasted like everything else we have "needed" then I'd have to say no...

http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

AMPage
12-09-2002, 07:59
I'd rather see the multiplayer improved before we go on to a ranking system. If we are gonna have one it should come with the game not made up by players, if you wanna get lots of people playing it.

DoggFood
12-09-2002, 09:14
Hey ShadeHonestus, it's never easy to find 6 dedicated people that will throw away any other plans they had just to play the game. Why not try a player ladder for MTW, where their is no formal challenges and you can play a match whenever you find another person on the ladder. It would attract the laziest and most dedicated gamers because you would choose your own level of involement.

kyodai-britishbeef
12-09-2002, 10:05
surely 10- 20 people would be interested in a league , where u only play once a week, the matches could be posted on the first day I.E monday. then a day or two set to play them e.i sat or sun.thses people could be set into 2 divisions of 10 peeps , u could even have a total kills , and at the end of the season, the person with the most kills gets a golden sword awawrd (like golden boot in football) and a site could be set up for the league only (not on a clan site ).. hmmmmmm

ShadeHonestus
12-09-2002, 16:17
good point ampage, however, if it comes with the game it will most likely not be compatible with the needs/wants/desires of the community.

Dionysus9
12-09-2002, 20:13
Wasnt the reporting system for wins/losses flawed? They released it once and then realized there was a flaw...I thought...