PDA

View Full Version : SirTain didnt cheat in mp games

Magyar Khan
12-08-2002, 00:45
I was approached by some people (we all know) that some was possibly cheating. I did some old time researching with teh given tools (logfiles, replays and battles) and came to teh conclusion sirTain cheated.

The point is now (thanks to Kocmoc) that he did NOT cheat.

SirTain, excuses for my former conclusions.

Its somehow anotehr bug in teh system, which is presented in teh logfile, see example below
http://home.tiscali.nl/~t543201/web-wolves/wolves-otherimages/logfilewrong.gif

u host 15k but u can field 20k.

i will check some more things but its celar these things MUST be solved. we should be able to rely on teh data in the logfile.

MagyarKhan

TenkiSoratoti
12-08-2002, 01:09
Ah so thats why ppl manged to get such high valour on all their troops.
Ok now i realise.

Oh and by the way i dont cheat so you can all shut ur traps if your gonna say i did (just taking precautions)

oh and my regards to kocmoc for beating me well (and teaching me a valuable lesson as a much older person and extreme veteran) and helping me against ranting bigets such as..... i will not say. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/joker.gif

TosaInu
12-08-2002, 02:33
The first 4 byz cost 1461 florins at v4, or 859 at v3. The 5th cost 1461 resp. 859 plus the rushtax penalty, the 6th even more. It looks like all units are priced based on the +4 penalty cost. You'ld expect some units at 1461 resp 859 florins, but there aren't.

1 v3 byz inf cost 859 florins, the fifth 859 + approx 20% = 1032. Is it 4* 859 + 1032 or 5*1032? It's the former: 5 v3 byz cost 4,468 florins.

The raw logfile lists the correct spent amount, but also list each byz inf as if there is no rushtax (all 5 byz inf 859 florins).

I guess that the logreader should correct this.

There's a pitfall, though. And the logreader should consider that too. It does matter whether you buy v4 first and then v3 or vice versa.

5,000 florins:
Buy 4 V0 byz inf and then 5 V2 byz inf, 253 florins left.

or

Buy 5 V2 byz inf first and you can buy 6 V0 byz inf and have 378 florins left.

2 more byz inf extra and more money left.
You still have the rushtax, but less penalizing. Something I just though about right now, but undoubtly discovered and used by some. Can't blame them :-)

Kocmoc
12-08-2002, 03:49
i have to say sorry as well
as i got the first, "bad" logfile from him.

So sorry again at this point, this shouldnt happend. We better think twice before we speak, next time.

kocmoc

Magyar Khan
12-08-2002, 04:49
well koc we relied on soem things we could rely on in teh past, as did others who warned me as well. i think a logfile should do what it is designed for. showing the correct data.

TosaInu
12-08-2002, 16:25
Magyar Khan,

The raw logfile shows the unitcost excluding the rushtax. A v3 byz inf costs 859 florins but the Totalwar Tool v0.4 shows 1547 florins. So, the tool is correcting it. The tool should probably correct it in another way. Only the 5th costs extra, not all 5. It should also take into consideration which valour is queued first. ^

I'm not sure why the raw log doesn't include the rushtax.

STW didn't show the correct data in all circumstances either: most obvious example was buying a H0 kensai and the 'log' telling that a H4 was used. This was because the honor at the end of the battle was used. (I'm talking about Polars Logreader here, not sure whether yours corrected this). That effect should probably be taken into consideration here as well.

All in all: pretty complex. These problems would not be there if the host could just set x units max (x being any integer value between 1 and 16) and no rushtax nor battlefield rewards would be used.

It would at the same time provide more flexibility to the players (some prefer 2 max or 4 max and others don't).

baz
12-08-2002, 18:17
to be fair it is good that the developers saw the 4 max as a problem but its a shame that they didn't ask us before they put the rush tax in the game? tosa's alternative would of been better http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/idea.gif

Kocmoc
12-08-2002, 18:46
guys, im sure we all agree that the logfiles are not the best....like friendly kills.....

as i know that mag got logfiles wich worked great, but in the 1,1 it got bad.....

lets say, it isnt a big big problem to create correct logfiles as we know that it worked before

this shows once more, we need a second patch

koc

Magyar Khan
12-08-2002, 18:48
well i just stepped of teh idea of teh logfilereader correcting everythings thats wrong with it. i will make it that a colour pops up when teh florins exceed teh florins spent and hopes teh logfiles will be correct again in teh add on.

DthB4Dishonor
12-09-2002, 09:20
Hail Everyone,

I'm happy to see that currently there is no cheat as it would have seriously lowered and possibly stopped my playing of this game. I'm not computer savy yet but I try and keep up with the forums. Also to Magyar and Kocmoc it takes strong character to say your sorry to SirTain. I'm actually very happy to see you guys are wrong and that there is no florin cheat, (possibly only a clever way in order of choosing units to minimize the rush penalty which really isnt that bad I think).
To CA please give the community the tools need to properly critique and exam battles.

RTKPaul
"Any fool can learn from his own mistakes. The wise man learns from the mistakes of others."

Magyar Khan
12-09-2002, 18:28
well the army listed above is strong enuf to walsh over u if u have a weaker army like i did. the problem in the gamesystem for me is that every noob can beat u if u take a weaker army and u make no mistakes in manouvring. i was routing him all over and the byz inf kept coming back while my horsearchers were killed after pursuing the routers. ever tried to pursue 80 routing byz inf with 40 horsearchers?

it reminds of teh movie where a highly skilled kungfu fighter hoops and jumps around while a guy with a gun shoots him after he stood still. sofar i experimented with teh 2 max rule, its much better but muslims are disadvantaged by it.

tootee
12-10-2002, 11:30
I will close this thread, since it has served its purpose.. things are clarified, problems noted and couple of probable solutions..

Suggestion on improving the logfile / logreader, please start an appropriately titled thread *if it isnt there already*.

Thanks for posting.