PDA

View Full Version : Creative Assembly DEVS!!! someone! logfiles, cheats?

1dread1lahll
12-08-2002, 01:43
I am looking at the logs files in battles that I and lost and can see no reasion for it........ I am seeing allocated 15000 /spent 17212.....The latest, the units add up to under 15000.......for valor... it shows NO weapons or armor purchased yet the opponents archers shot like they had full armor........ Why are the logs showing opponent spent more than allowed?
I recall that the logs Dont reflect florins spent on armor, I purchase it and it dont show, kool.....but why if someone spends all of their florins on valor alone does the files show that they over spent by 2212 florins????

Magyar Khan
12-08-2002, 04:14
http://www.totalwar.org/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=18;t=3181

check the other topic lahll, its gives some info and also the clear point thatw e need to eb able to rely on teh logfiles.

imo we should get an official patch which at minimum solves this cuz it wont create versionconflicts and its not much work for devs to solve.

other things in logfile are buggy as well, like friendly kills.

1dread1lahll
12-09-2002, 07:31
Geez, one response. Pitiful if this WAS a cheat you think people would care... if its was NOT after a few accusations you think they would care MORE.....if someone call YOU a cheat because of defective files guees then you would care.......gah...... noones gonna read this....

Magyar Khan
12-09-2002, 18:31
well u had 44 views minus your own minus 2 of mine so seems people read it. we must hope the add on will solve this. if not then we have a new reason to complain (again).

Dionysus9
12-09-2002, 20:05
I read the link and its very informative. The rush tax isn't being calculated in logifles. Gah.

I think another part of the problem might be the valor increase in battle. If you take v0 lancers and they advance to v2 by the end of the battle, I think the logfile shows their value at v2, not at the v0 that you purchased them.

So if a unit goes up valor it increases the "spent" florins in the logfile. This is just a theory but would be another reason why we see so much overspending in logfiles.

Magyar Khan
12-09-2002, 20:48
well teh logfiles do show the initial original costs

TenkiSoratoti
12-09-2002, 21:00
Im gonn ask gil all of this stuff when next i see him http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Maygar this no insault but you know you keep typing 'teh' is that a trade mark of some kind instead of actually typing 'the?

1dread1lahll
12-09-2002, 21:17
well ok some interest at last..with few replies though; seems to be a topic of little interest or one where knowledge is still lacking.... files seem to be in need of a fix...

Magyar Khan
12-10-2002, 01:04
well tenkisor i type with a 3 finger mongol system, on my old age the left finger who presses teh e got a bit faster than teh right typing the t and h, so it is

right t
left e just .001 sec faster than teh right h

it takes to much time to correct this. and the bug is somehwere stuck in my genes.

TenkiSoratoti
12-11-2002, 00:31
Bit of a bummer that, hmmmm, oh well dont bother me just thought it was a trade mark of some kind http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif (pretty weird if it was).

But i think 'teh' is now a natural trade mark.

Oh and back to the point i havnt been able to get in touch with Gil as of yet, but i know hell have some logical answer, and if were lucky he'll post here.

GilJaysmith
12-12-2002, 23:55
Quote[/b] (Tenkisoratoti @ Dec. 10 2002,17:31)]Oh and back to the point i havnt been able to get in touch with Gil as of yet, but i know hell have some logical answer, and if were lucky he'll post here.
The logical reason is that the code's broken; you didn't need me to tell you that :)

Gil ~ CA

LadyAnn
12-13-2002, 00:55
But Magyar, somehow you never fail to punch the right key combo and mouse clicks to defeat me? I wish you would make the same sort of mistakes more often...;)

Annie

1dread1lahll
12-13-2002, 02:00
It is good to know its a bug rather than a cheat.... but some people may not stop to ask and start throwing mud if they are uninformed.......that could be hurtful, now that gil has responded and knows about it... we can look foward to a fix in TW's future, maybe with the expansion.......

Magyar Khan
12-13-2002, 03:08
well lady i dont use the magical keycombos, i am slow with keyboard and above all i hate those things. i liek teh manouvring aspect of teh game, not the "learnthegamesystemandshortcutkeysandperformsoemkeyboardmagictowin"

LadyAnn
12-13-2002, 04:12
Ah, I got a glimps of the Zen aspect of it.

Like in "Pinball Wizzard" song (the Who):

"... plays by the sense of smell..."

Some people just operate at higher plane and all I talked about are stats http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

Annie