PDA

View Full Version : The Tourney

Kocmoc
01-14-2003, 10:35
hi guys,

as Mag is very bussy with the campain and the CWB, and many asked about a tourney.....i will organise it...
ofcourse i need any help i can get.

i saw many tourneys in the last years and noticed problems... new problems will come as well, old pobs we can avoid.

i spoke to tosa and (thank u very much) the org will help and host infos, and all the stuff around.
I hope guys like Krast and Gaz can help me, as they are very trustworthy and accepted by the other players.

im open to any ideas and helpfull discussions.

here are my first rules:

it will be an ko-system, just 1 battle will be played
i wont see a tourney wich takes 3 days or more, remember this foyer is very buggy and we havnt single rooms, so it will be short as possible.

the map will be flatinland04 or something like this NOT steppes, some hills for nice moves are imo an impotant aspect.

15k florin, its a standart ammount right now, and in many treads i could see, the most like it.

The reveres, will draw a coin to select the attacker or defender in a game.

in this tourney ur not allowed to use factions twice

max 3, and no artillery, a max of 5 cavs all togoether.

time is, summer and arid

the tourney will start around 1800-2000 GMT, thats a bit beyond the peak.
as im a wolf, and if krast and gaz helps me they belong to other clans, 1 of us draw the coin if noone of his clan is playing. any decisions, if trouble or problems occur will be deicded by the guys, where not clanmembers are involved in the problem.

tosa had a nice idea already about the foyer problem, we splitt it in groups and give them numbers ...they create a new name with this number in fron of theyr names. so we have a nice view....

so far

koc

Alrowan
01-14-2003, 12:06
gah

1800-2000 GMT

so much for us aussies.. you wont find us awake at 5am

might i suggest we do two different poolsand the winners of each face at the next dat with a compromise for the time

for the 2 pools, make them each with different times eg. 1800-2000 GMT and 1100-1300 GMT that way you can cover the asia/pacific region and the european areas

TosaInu
01-14-2003, 13:24
Sorry for the confusion Kocmoc:

No rooms in the foyer will indeed make it harder, but I guess you can bypass that by making clear pools on the web site and using names for the hosted game like: Pool1_A (1st pool, first game in that pool).

So it's the hosted game that 'should' have clear names, not the players nick: I host a game called Pool3_C and my nick is MizuTosaInu.

Shahed
01-14-2003, 13:37
When do we start ? Sign me up. EDIT: please http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Kocmoc
01-14-2003, 14:49
ok alrowan,

thats true, but if there jsut a few in the pacific and asia region, than its a bit unfair to let the winner of maybe 15% fight vs the winner of 85%....

but we can try to make an own room for u guys, so u start a bit later and than this single room get implent in the other room winners.... im sure we find a good solution....

koc

LordTed
01-14-2003, 22:00
Get another prize and wait 6 months for it to get to me LOL

LordTed
01-14-2003, 22:01
Get another prize and wait 6 months for it to get to me LOL

DthB4Dishonor
01-14-2003, 23:25
May I suggest using the TWA site. The tools that Honestus has worked very hard to create are the best I've seen a tournament so far.

RTKPaul

Skomatth
01-15-2003, 01:23
Quote[/b] ]max 3

may I ask why? 3 isn't an even number and so it is impossible to have a symmertric army. something that is important to me at least in being able to respond to all situations, which is something I'd like to do in tournament play.

BomilkarDate
01-15-2003, 01:36
@Skomatth: Oh you can make a symetric army with a 3 max and even in diffent ways.

1. Just take 16 different units and pull them in a line. You can now make an axis through all the units and its symetric.
2. Make the 3 max two max for yourself. And always take 2 units of the same kind.
3. Make a normal 3 max army. Center one of the 3 units. One left, one right. Pretty symetric, I guess.

Enough thoughts lost on geometry in warfare

ELITEofBOMILKAR

P.S.: Forgive me my jokes, sometimes, I just can't stop it.

baz
01-15-2003, 01:43
hiya skomatth m8, it just gives a little more variation http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif give the lad a chance Bomi http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

baz
01-15-2003, 01:44
ooops i forgot hehe .. are we talking 1 v 1 here?

FasT
01-15-2003, 02:33
May i also suggest ur r told in private what faction u will battle with...
If not ppl will change to counter act the other faction...
Thus u can also check they not used them before battle has even started.......
When does it start or have i missed it?

Kocmoc
01-15-2003, 12:01
well guys, it will be a 1v1...forgot it at start....in a 2v2 i want to playelf....so someone other has to host it http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

it depends on how many players will take place in this toruney, if there are many i will create rooms and the winner of this rooms come to the ko system, if its possible i start with a complet ko-system.

to control what faction the player used and if all went ok, i want the logfile via email to, have a short control.
as im not alone we can control it very easy, ofcourse its a question of trust as well.

max3, well first i thougth of max2, but this max 3 brings some nice mixes and u have to think twice wich units to choose and how to use.

koc

FasT
01-15-2003, 14:33
Count me in....

FasT
01-15-2003, 14:34
Ah and Wolf_Nashwan and Wolf_FasT for the 2v2 http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif

Kocmoc
01-15-2003, 18:30
missanderstanding ....
this is just a 1v1 tourney

not a 2v2

koc

Dionysus9
01-15-2003, 19:24
Count me in.

I can deal with 3 max, but it will put me at a small disadvantage since I am used to having 4 units of a kind when deploying and responding...

2 swords on left flank, 2 on right, etc.
2 cav on left, 2 on right, etc.

I guess I will have to work out some new battle plans based on a 3 max rule. Maybe start using a center again... I dunno.

Edit: I also understand the need to keep this puppy simple, but where 2 players are very close in skill the defender will win. So, in those cases where people are very close in skill the winner is essentially decided by the flip of a coin by the tournament moderators...this is not ideal, but I guess if you want hills and a fast effecient tournament this is the only way.