PDA

View Full Version : oh  the trend and how they change...

Alrowan
01-14-2003, 15:25
well tonight i have been online, and was surprised to see about 90% of all maps hosted are flatinalnd. I remember back a short while ago when everyone was playing steppe, and everyone got bored of it... now how long will it take for the trend to change again... hopefully soon, as i am getting sick of flatinland, and long for the hills....

people, please have some variety when hosting, otherwise the flatinland maps may soon be put aside as well

Kocmoc
01-14-2003, 16:00
as im 1 of the love of this flatinmaps, they have some small nice hills and woods as well.... this maps are still "fair" and give u some tactical points....

im sure this maps will be the "standart" maps till the end of MTW....its like totomi for STW.... specialy 3v3 are very nice as u can draw back and defend a bit as well....

koc

Puzz3D
01-14-2003, 19:06
I like the flatinland maps. At least the arbs can gain a pretty nice shooting advantage in places. I'd like to see more maps like those of the large size for big games. I'd also like to see maps with hills that are in between the flatinland type and the hilly type. There seems to be a big jump going from the small hills to the big hills, although, about three of those flatinland have decent sized hills. In any case, I know the group I play with wouldn't mind moving on to some other maps, and we've already tried some nice ones made by OrdaKhan with rather larger hills than flatinland. He has sent these to the org for posting.

LittleGrizzly
01-15-2003, 02:08
i love flatinland and have recently started playing it 2v2 quite a bit its a lot of fun and gives good tactical adv's and disadv's

baz
01-15-2003, 02:53
well they are by far the best maps imo, as koc says they are basically flat and in most cases not to unbalanced enabling different areas of attack, of course they would be better if they had lower edges http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Acronym
01-15-2003, 03:02
Yeah, flat maps are my choice, basically disables the advantages of camping.

Though I do like the feeling of charging up a hill and crushing a camping army http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Krasturak
01-15-2003, 08:42
At least it isn't Ironing Bored.

AMPage
01-15-2003, 11:45
I also like flatinmaps the best. I'll play big hill maps when i can zoom out more and tilt my camra down hill. I like to have good control over my army, not being zoomed in so close i have scroll around like a mad man. So i like to stay off hills if i can. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Alrowan
01-15-2003, 12:19
heh... see what i mean.. everyone LOVES flatinland, but i can see it changing eventually as people tire from the 25-or-so maps. Ill be posting about 15 maps up soon that i have made that should ad some more variety to the blanced maps in the game.

but still, there is nothing more rewarding that beating an enemy on hills.

And one of my favourite maps is the flattomountainsinland one in which the defenders start at the bottom.. ive had my favourite battles there

1dread1lahll
01-15-2003, 22:18
You can always host your own camp-a-rama.