PDA

View Full Version : Girls Vs Guys MP Battle

Alrowan
01-16-2003, 17:55
... hmmm

well on a spur of the moment thing, a strange thing happened... that thing was this battle...

She-Fox decided to host a game, and invited all those who were in the private room at the time... so here was the sides:

Gilrs
She-Wolf
She-Fox
LadyAn
SPQR_Cleopatra

Guys
|RVN|Alrowan
{RVN}Ryttare
pboxster
SPQR_Caesar

the map was desertinland, era was high... florins, well they were 99999k (ahh fox, we all love your high florin games)

well heres a brief description now..

The guys deployed on a ridge near the middle of the map, taking a chance that the girls would sit back. Caesar on the front left, Ryttare on the back left, Alrowan in the middle and boxster on the right. The girls array was something odd, and after about 5 minutes they had marched all over the place and lost me, so maybe An will help me there.

anyway, as the battle started, Caesar hit cleo hard (she was in front of him) and ryttre cam forward as fast as he could. Caesar managed to break cleo's armies, but fox stepped in and routed caesar to thier luck. Meanwhile the forces on the guys right had shifted to our left more and pboxter gave chace, hurting a lot of the armies, but since he faced 2 on 1 he was soon overwhelemed and routed.

This basically left me anr ryttare to face a heavily depleated cleo, a lightly hurt and, fox and wolf. a lot of archers traded lives, and horsemen and ghazis helped speed that along, and after a final skirmish and a huge flank on my right the girls came. 2 units of nubian spears, and some leftover cav was all it took for me to hil my right, while ryttares almost fresh catholics held the front at bay... then the unthinkable happend, my armies began to flee. I safely put my general away, and hoped upon hopes that the girls would find mercy on my fleeing men, and mercy they did in the end, mercy in the form of a routing general. This basically changed the battle. An's forces fled, leaving my 2 camel units and 2 arb units and ryttares army to face what little that was left.

it was a great battle, and if i made no sense, dont worry, i will post a replay and a logfile. I would like to thank the girls for such a close battle, and would love to fight them again. Congratulations to the guys for winning, and congratulations to the girls for beating us to pulp in the process.

Replay up vsoon

Alrowan
01-16-2003, 18:07
ok, replay is posted... but i cant seem to find it in the downloads section to post it

anyway, if you want to try find it, its called

girlsvsboys.zip

Knight_Yellow
01-16-2003, 20:31
ha ha ha i see ceaser and cleo have been fighting.

if ur wondering why i said that heres my name in MP

SPQR_Knight_Yellow

there married u know?

LadyAnn
01-16-2003, 22:48
We made at least 3 big mistakes and your side made at least 3, so it is a good example of how we lose a battle.

The map has a ridge spanning East-West in the middle, a valley 1/4 of the map on attacker's side, also spanned East-West. The attacker starts off in higher ground.

The following is just my NOOBle opinion.

First mistake from the girls side: deployment. She-Wolf (front West) was deployed too far front, while She-Fox was committed to helping SPQR-Cleopatra. LadyAn was trying to be as up front as possible, but couldn't help in time.
The mistake was it is very likely the defenders will defend the big ridge in middle, rendering She-Wolf very vulnerable.

However, She-Wolf managed to retreat back with minimal casualty. On the East side, it's a bit too far for me to see all the actions (need to see the replay first). But the attackers were as unorganized as on the West side.

That explains the "all over the map" thing at the beginning.

SPQR_CaesarMW fought SPQR_Cleopatra. The defender RVN_Ryttare didn't bulge while She-Fox was helping SPQR-Cleopatra (is it a mistake? I don't know, seems to be so, but the defenders won... But it could be that helping Caesar would weaken the defense position). This results in a rout of SPQR-CaesarMW. For reason unknown to me, Cleopatra also rout in the process. LadyAn was trying to move east to capitalize on the brief success on the East side. However, due to earlier march-forward intended to support She-Wolf, but changed direction to East after seeing Wolf was safe, make ladyAn to commit only 1 cavalry unit.

However, when seeing the East was not making big progress and pboxter was making himself vulnerable by advancing too far, LadyAn decided to charge Pboxter. She-Wolf now supports ladyAn. The intention was to quickly rout PBoxter and turn around to flank RVN_Alrowan. RVN Alrowan helped PBoxter with some of his units. There are a few mistakes made such as ladyAn's spears were engaged on the West-side and left her Abyssinian guards vulnerable. But the attack was good.

The mistake was that LadyAn and She-Wolf were not regrouping and rest the units. LadyAn still had her 2 pavise units pretty much intact. Her archers still has arrows. She should have regrouped and wait. She made the biggest mistake by charging into Alrowan flank. LadyAn's army fought pretty much to the last minutes, but fizzled out.

Perhaps to help out Cleopatra regrouping or rallying, She-Fox was caught fighting uphill most of the time.

Annie

Alrowan
01-17-2003, 14:12
just watched that replay agian.... quite amazing how the battle unfolded, at several points i was amazed at how well both armies stood up to the others. It was definitly a fun battle and i would love to try my hand at those ladies again

Sir Black Raven
01-18-2003, 00:59
i have download the zip i saw it. It really was a good battle with both sides making a few mistakes. The victory could be for both sides as they were very balanced during battle. Well played. It should be done more often.