PDA

View Full Version : Why i asked for Support?????

Kocmoc
01-24-2003, 14:00
thats just a message about my feelings....

i mailed 2 of the CA-Crew and asked nicely for some support, like 3 copys of viking invasion....for the tourney...

not that they sayed NO......no...just no reaction ....
normaly ....well, in ther games, the Dev´s organise such compatitions. but not in TW, ok i can live with that situation, but some, very small help, would be great.

as i dont get any info from them, i just see the need to inform u all, about the moment standings...

i mailed some other companys about some support and hell....they answered ina short time, so maybe we see some other games as prize....letz see.....be surprized..

kocmoc

enlist for the 1v1 Tourney, at the 22th Februar

LadyAnn
01-24-2003, 21:08
Wouldn't mind to have other games as prize http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

But sorry kocmoc, am not playing 1x1. Have luck and good fun with your tourney.

Annie

Swoosh So
01-24-2003, 21:13
They promised games for one of the other tourneys and peeps never saw the games for months and months after, Some peeps never got their copies at all Despite mailing ritchie the web monkey for the .com many times.

So i wouldent even bother asking for prizes.

Swoosh So
01-24-2003, 21:14
I think tournaments have been very random i would like to see a list of every tournament ever held in shoggy along with the winners and runners up, O)therwise whats the point Maybe the org should host such a list http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Kocmoc
01-26-2003, 14:36
i asked org to advertise the tourney, frontpage?
or to upload at the org sites, but somehow i got an own site now as i havnt the time to wait for ever.

noone realy cares fro such competitions, bt the player want it, so if not the org and CA, who should help us with this?

koc

maye its still a SP problem....who knows

youssof_Toda
01-26-2003, 15:03
For people who are interested in tourneys it shouldn't realy matter if there is a prize or not. Koc if there is something simple I can do for you what would take you too much time jst let me know on my email youssof_Toda@hotmail.com

TosaInu
01-26-2003, 15:11
Kocmoc, where are the pages that should be hosted?

I clearly stated that I would post the pages, but that you would have to make them. I also clearly stated that it was possible to make a temporary Tourney forum, moderated by you, to make creating pools/announcements easy.

I'm still waiting for the content and your 'yes, I want that'.

I don't know what the problem is, it surely is not a SP problem. Please, stop blaming others.

Kocmoc
01-26-2003, 18:05
tosa i wont go into detail, yes what u say is the truth, so its my mistake, i apologize for it
sorry if i did blame someone, thats surely not my intention.

maybe i see a support a bit other....but this is clearly my problem

the sites are here www.kocmoc.de (http://www.kocmoc.de), i bougth the site to make it easy for me.

A special Tourney-Forum where i could work as moderator would be great, as i already plan some other Tourneys, if this 1 work. I just write my feelings down, so plz dont take it as a great offence.

thx for ur reply and any help.

kocmoc

TosaInu
01-26-2003, 18:40
There are different types of support, the one I offered was a more passive one (offering space and a forum). I'm sorry if this didn't came across.

You already seem to have a forum?

Kocmoc
01-26-2003, 18:49
yes its ezboard, but on a longterm struktur, on org would clearly better

DthB4Dishonor
01-26-2003, 19:55
I'm happy and thankful for the events which the Wolves are attempting to host. It is a bit sad that ShadeHonestus's TWA was never fully utilized and that we didnt give Honestus the support he deserved and needed. It would've been great if the Wolves would've hosted a tournament back then.

Anyway that is the past we must look towards the future. I am not very pc savy but I am very interested in fun inter-clan and team and individual competitions. I think they add a spice and urgency to play a train which is a bit lacking due to no ladder system being available. So I'll be happy to support these things like the 1v1 tournament by periodically announcing it in the online foyer.

RTKPaul

Kocmoc
01-26-2003, 21:36
hi paul,

i saw what honey did and i respect it in any direction
its a bit complex, and it will take time to understand this all hat he wrote, at the end its simple.
but the most peeps just want some easy rules and wont ready much,nether they want much to write, they just want to write theyr name and want to know when and vs whom they have to play.

so the mainrule by this tourneys are , Keep it simple

at least its my opinion, i dont want to fight 3 or 4 weekends to come to a final, thatswhy i make a KO-system and just 1 game.

this is surely no offence in honeys direction

i just noticed that not many competitions was up, and as we havnt any laddersystem, i created this tourney.
ofcourse other could do some tourneys as well, so i could play once too http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smokin.gif
anyway, i just hope it will be a success and u guys have some fun.

kocmoc