PDA

View Full Version : Meeting of Clan Representatives

baz
02-02-2003, 04:31
should we try to get together to discuss points we agree that will improve VI regarding unit balancing, when i say we i mean basically established players ..

for example
Mizu
Fears
Kenchi
Wolves
Elite
LRossa
any veteran Ronins

what i mean is if we can agree on some basic points then it can help longjohn considerably, knowing the changes he makes has the backing of the community ..

Knight_Yellow
02-02-2003, 05:40
but it would be the backing of the community it would be the backing of u lot.

a noob has just as mutch right to have his say since he paid the same amount as u lot.

Alrowan
02-02-2003, 06:24
its a little late, by now they will have probably sent the final copy to activision

FearofNC
02-02-2003, 06:29
i think the kinght guy is right...noobs have just as much say ...and so do single campaign players. but reguardless....there is a beta...and it is being tested by vetern members of the community.. one way i thik to express a good point to jongjohn is here at the org.. since this is where the 3 kinds of players meet..sp, noobs, and vets..and longjohn reads the forums... but instead of saying lancers are too powerful...and hundreds joining in and agreeing...we need to say.. lancers need to cost 1100 florin...or lancers need to move with the speed of a gothic knight. just my 2 cents though http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

p.s. btw...i think making lancers the same speed and fatuige levels as gothic knights would solve the problem.. camles and gothic knights are stat wise better...but not considered unbalanced becasue they either tire quickly or are slow compared to other cav.

Magyar Khan
02-02-2003, 09:29
a good initiative baz, but it has been tried before and didnt worked well.

teh ideas, visions and experiences differs to much to make this into a success. even the small group of betatesters have an hard time to get their opinions into one statement.

clans are based on lose soil, like almost every online community. u know that http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

Dionysus9
02-02-2003, 09:43
you are all wrong.

my opinion is the only one that counts.

baz
02-02-2003, 14:48
oh well .. all i was simply trying to do was loby together for such points as "removal of valor gain in battle", that we all seem to agree on, it seems i have been misunderstood, i am not in any way saying that newbies have no say, simply that we could really help longjohn by giving him feedback on any ideas or points he is will to share with us, because of our experience .. but nevermind http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/frown.gif

LadyAnn
02-03-2003, 05:00
I think the idea of "speed proportional to armor" level is good.

Annie

LadyAnn
02-03-2003, 05:58
A suggestion:
1. Someone will post a topic of what should be balanced. The topic should contain only 1 item (says, what should be changed to lancers);

2. The community discuss it;

3. Someone will collect all the ideas and make a poll.

4. People votes on the poll

I think this will work because most people passionate about MP are here, while it allow the Noobility to have a say too. If the experienced people make a clear case of what should be done, perhaps even with illustration of experiments and experiences, the rest could have an idea and vote on it.

But it might not work: this is a slow process (unless we make simultenous threads).

Annie

Tomisama
02-04-2003, 03:46
Quote[/b] ]"speed proportional to armor"

A formula. Excellent

http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

1dread1lahll
02-04-2003, 04:27
Have to say 'no' to the idea...some people have an idea about who is to be included or not, plus so many heads heads put together is bound to fail... but longjohn is asking (in another post) what is wanted from the community, go there and toss in ur two cents worth....course noobs can go too.....

7Bear7Polar
02-04-2003, 21:34
who is to say what is good for the community - clans???
i d rather leave it up to the developers and let the community handle tournaments and other extras