PDA

View Full Version : A question about tourney?

DthB4Dishonor
02-14-2003, 18:17
Salute everyone,

As you all know there is a distinct disadvantage for the host of 1v1 games if the person he is playing against is not honorable.

A host can have Almohads selected and the non-host could have egypt select. Host clicks accept and the non-host changes to Spain. The host who has almohads choses very little spear or anti-cav units expecting to play Egypt. He gets run over by someone who might not be half as good as him but because of this trick they win easily.

Is there some way to keep this from happening? If not then I have a suggestion. Kocmoc and Skull make a list of referee's. Before 2 players fight there battle they will submit to the referee what faction they will use. The referee will then announce to them the other players faction. They then must use these factions which they have agreed to use.

Also a mutually agreed upon person might act as referee if one of the listed referee's is not in foyer, in a game or is afk.

Just forsee this huge potential problem.

RTKPaul

Nobunaga0611
02-14-2003, 19:09
Having a ref in the foyer at the time might help keep people honest, since the person who thinks they are cheated can just save the game and go to the ref to complain. A good idea imo. Better than just banning factions altogether.

Cheetah
02-14-2003, 20:22
IMHO the easiest solution would be to make an order of the factions (it could be a random order) and then everyone should play the factions in these order.

So, lets say we the following order:
1, Egypt
2, Spain
3, England
etc.

then everyone plays Egypt in the first round, Spain in the second round, England in the third round, etc.

Paolai
02-14-2003, 20:46
yes Cheetah, I think the same, it is the only way to have less probs

Ryttare
02-14-2003, 21:32
Bad idea, i never paly arab factions because they are boring, ahve wierd units and i dont know how they worx... Picking ur own faction would be the best.... or we can all go for europpen factions.

LadyAnn
02-15-2003, 00:37
No no, don't ban factions nor limit only to Western factions I want to use my Egyptians and Turks

I guess the faction usage must be agreed upon before the game start (with witness of course).

Annie