PDA

View Full Version : Tourney Explanation?

MF_Ivan
02-13-2003, 15:46
Please explain how the tourney will work, specifically.

I mean, how are players supposed to get in touch with each other.

How are wins, losses, what side was played recorded?

How long will the tourney will be.

And so on.

Znake
02-13-2003, 17:17
I have also question??

If a player win by default/walkover/retierment, I mean they dont meet, Can the winner select any fraction as used or u flip coin on that too.

Great work kocmoc and skull http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

Paolai
02-13-2003, 18:19
there is also another problem....if the player "A" win the game vs player "b" for a walkover, he can uses 1 more "strong" faction than the others, I mean he has to play 1 game less so he has a better factions choose for the second game

Kongamato
02-13-2003, 20:32
I assume that the combatants will pick their factions based on the other guy's skill and faction choice.

This means that you cannot cross out a faction on the advancer's list, saying that "I was going to pick faction X" would hold no ground, and "just cross out the Almohads" does not sound right either.

I think that a random faction should be eliminated.

Dionysus9
02-14-2003, 00:26
Elimination of a (truly) random faction would be the second fairest way to do it.

The most fair way to do it is to require each player to send their first battle faction choice to Koc or Skull prior to doing battle on the 22nd. These would be kept secret, and even if you won by default you couldnt use that faction in the future.

The problem is that would be a LOT of paperwork and bean-counting for poor old Koc and Skull. So maybe the first option is best even though not quite as fair

Paolai
02-14-2003, 00:30
another idea could be to have a fix faction for each round, I mean, for the 1st roud all have to play with Spanish, on the second round all with Byzantine and so on

Kongamato
02-14-2003, 01:00
My position again:

I am not in the tourney, but I sure as heck would save Spain or my best faction for fighting foes I consider to be more dangerous than others.

Since I wouldnt face a foe if given a 1st round bye, who I would have faced is a random matter, which should translate into a random faction, as I dont know who I would face, and I dont know what I would have picked.

Kocmoc
02-14-2003, 11:59
hi guys,

good questions

as we never will have the right amount of players some will have an advance....but if there someone dont show up we have some reserve players who jump into this spot. we still think about....

there are a last group where just 4 players are in, they use 1 less faction, what we can do?

easy, we decide wich faction he used we wont say spanish or byz, but we will choose a good faction ,wich he clearly would have used anyway, like english, german, france, polish.... to make it a bit more fair for this player, he can choose his own between this factions, but it wont be russian or turks

the tourney starts on 18 - 20 GMT, as it is a ko system, we will fight on sunday if needed...but this wont take too long.
keep urself informed who u have to play and be ready...we do our best, but u all know how this foyer works....so plz help us with inform urself pretty good.

thx

koc

Aleborg
02-14-2003, 12:11
One more question.

Is it necesary to send u the replay file of the game or if both players are agree in who won and lost ( i suppose in all the cases, coz dont think anyone wants to cheat...) and both telling u the same u can add the winner to the next round and say "good luck for the next time" to the loser. http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif
I think it will reduce considerably the work of u both.

http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/smokin.gif

Ryttare
02-14-2003, 12:12
Have i got this right...If i use French in my first battle amd I win...I can't use French in my second????

MF_Ivan
02-14-2003, 15:08
Quote[/b] (Kocmoc @ Feb. 14 2003,04:59)]the tourney starts on 18 - 20 GMT, as it is a ko system, we will fight on sunday if needed...but this wont take too long.
If the following is true, how can i contact my opponent Red_Knight_CN_Jiang and tell him I wont be home till 21 GMT to play due to work constraints?

MF_Ivan
02-15-2003, 01:35
*bump*