PDA

View Full Version : sorry,very basic question

CBChun
12-02-2000, 07:23
how do you merge damaged units together to form a full strength one? i have tried to click and drag in as many ways as i could think of and only succeed in creating stacks of understrengthed units, rather than one, merged unit.

any help appreciated, after a few battles my armies are looking pretty ragged...

Slyspy
12-02-2000, 08:00
You drag and drop one unit onto another or into an army containing a damaged unit of the same type (unless the army has 16 units, in which case it won't let you for some reason). However, the strength of the damaged units when combined cannot exceed your max unit size. So if you keep the default setting of 60 men per unit then any merged units must have 60 men or less, never any more. Note that the merged unit will have the upgrades of the unit which was dropped into, not those of the unit which you dropped. The merged units honour will almost certainly be lower than that of its constituent units since unit honour is the average honour of the individual soldiers in the unit. You cannot reinforce a daimyos bodyguard, which is maintain at 10 throughout the game.

------------------
"Put 'em in blue coats, put 'em in red coats, the bastards will run all the same!"

Avenging Warrior
12-02-2000, 10:16
Note that you can go into options and increase the unit size if you want to merge 2 damaged units that will make up more than 60 men, and then lower unit size back to 60.

By the way, about the Daimyo's guard: at first it's 11 (including the daimyo), then it becomes 10 later on. Any thoughts on that?

------------------
Life has no meaning. Do not concern yourself with it.

The Black Ship
12-02-2000, 12:12
I agree with Slyspy...

Only thing is...click on the army-at the botton of screen you see individual units- it's here that you drag and drop. Sounds obvious, but sometimes people forget.

As to the 16 unit thing, for that last combine no matter how depleted that unit is you'll have to drag it out of the army, and combine, then put back in to the army again. One more step but that's the only way http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/frown.gif

solypsist
12-02-2000, 13:31
wow i never thought combining a unit could be so complicated.....