PDA

View Full Version : Formal Challange to MagyarKhan

ShadowKill
11-15-2000, 20:18
I hereby announce to all that read these words that I ShadowKill have in writing challenged MagyarKhan
to a duel on the battlefield of honor. it will be a best of 3 battles challenge the first general with two wins is the victor. the first match will be on the battlefield you decide to defend, the second match will be on the land I chose to defend. and the third match if there is a need for a third match once again will be on the land you desire and again you can defend or attack as that is up to you.

I will pass this note on to all the taverns in the land in the the hopes that you MagyarKhan will show up this weekend and fight on the field of honor.

In closing this is not a challenge of anger but one of respect and any response to this letter from MagyarKhan
will be responded to. as I have my men at all the places that this will be posted and I await your response in anticipation of the great battle that lay ahead.

ShadowKill

------------------
Fear not the sword to your front, but the blade at your back.

11-15-2000, 21:05
I am looking forward to see this battle. But more than this a

Feared Sangstara VS Magyar Khan Li would be excellent !

------------------
Honour to Clan Kenchikuka.

Visit my resource centre at:

http://terazawa_tokugawa.tripod.com/terazawatokugawa

Erado San
11-15-2000, 22:27
My messanger has just rode out to him bearing news of your challenge. May the best man win.

Obake
11-15-2000, 22:34
Hmmmmmmmmm.........

This isn't really General Discussion, but then again, it doesn't fit in any of the other forums either.............

It stays here! Let's keep close to the topic though and I fully expect battle results as well!

http://members.tripod.com/smilecwm/cgi-bin/s/net3/smileJap.gif

------------------
Obake http://members.tripod.com/smilecwm/cgi-bin/s/net8/laghost.gif

We are but shadows of our former selves and the sons and daughters of lions have become sheep. I am the ghost of our past.

ShadowKill
11-15-2000, 22:46
Thank you Erado San may the horse not tire on his journy. And yes Obake the results of the battle if Magy accept's will be posted on all the letters i have sent out.

------------------

[This message has been edited by ShadowKill (edited 11-15-2000).]

Zen Blade
11-15-2000, 22:51
I get winner!
: )

seriously though, obake, if we have challenges to make, where should we make them??
this is probably a good place to arrange some great battles btwn good players

-Zen Blade

------------------
Zen Blade Asai
Red Devil

ShadowKill
11-15-2000, 23:41
i would have to agree with zen even thou i made this thred i think that this is a way to add to the game. and to the forums. only my two cents.

------------------

Obake
11-15-2000, 23:44
That's actually what I had been thinking about when trying to decide where this thread should live Zen! The only other place I could see it residing would be on the Clan/Tourney Forum, but it doesn't quite fit there either.

Maybe what we need is a Challenge Forum. I don't know that there would be enough activity to warrant a separate Forum and that is not my decision to make in any case.

I'm going to open up a thread called Online Challenges and let's use that one to track volume and see if it's worth it!

------------------

We are but shadows of our former selves and the sons and daughters of lions have become sheep. I am the ghost of our past.

[This message has been edited by Obake (edited 11-15-2000).]

ShadowKill
11-16-2000, 00:06
that sounds like a good Idea. I think i am one of the frist to take this approch. and yes i did post this in all the house's that my network of servent's use but I do find this to be a inventive way to say I want to fight and much more fun this way then coming across someone in the foyer and asking if they would fight you. anyway obake thank you for allowing me to go out on a limb and try somthing new. may honour and prosparity be your's
ShadowKill

------------------

Magyar Khan
11-16-2000, 01:13
Erado! by entering my territory on a horse u must leave the horse with me. I will sent u back on the back of an enormous Geisha!

Terazawa! In the old days Shadowkill used to be an excellent rusher, in those days the only one who may bear the title of masterrusher.

------------------------------------------
Hi Shadowkill, lets relive the days of the old and u should be able to defeat me.

Sadly for u i am on my second Quest, and finished the first one already. My first Quest was the search of the best enemy general. By battling Ampmaster I fullfilled this first Quest. Amp is the only person who renders my army useless. I will not tell u how it could be done, but it is not difficult. My regular army and my fun army are not the strongest around but i like to play with them cause they give me the initiative in a battle. I like initiative over winning!

Now i am on my way for my 2nd Quest. A 1000 wins on Christmas! with 1 character. So u can be a part of that 2nd Quest.... a best of 3 could bring me 2 wins.

Sun Tzu tells us to be sure u know everything about the enemy. U used to be a masterrusher (Amp! Shadowkill is the guy i ment) and when we played lately u used also different troops, not to your benefit. So it would be wise for me that i can get some knowledge about your army. A part of the game is still rock scissors paper! I must mobilize informants before i battle u! This will take some time, are u online with your own name lately?

Q? is all this the work of the evil Daimyo Attending?
QQ? i know that ur sure that i will find that challenging 3th map, equal for both sides! otherwise u must be overconfident that u could win that 3th game on the best defendable map. What map is it anyway?

Greetings honourable one, and may my mongols bring me your head!
------------------------------------------

Although the enemy moves fast a mongol arrow wil get him at last.........www.mongols.club.tip.nl

ShadowKill
11-16-2000, 02:24
ahh what a great day all this talk of war and death. it has been a long time old friend and i grow old now and must retire my namesake to another. so i wanted to make you my last challenge. ahh and what a turnout this is what it is all about. i never knew that such a request would get as much attention as it has. but a fitting way for a old general as myself to go out. and wether I retire and die an old man or lose my life on the battlefield of honour in this endevour. i can say without a doubt that i have had a fulfilled life with 400 battle's fought on the glorious field of battle. but in all there must be an end and that time is now.
untill we meet again i bid you farewell

ShadowKill

------------------

ShaiHulud
11-16-2000, 03:39
Most interesting! Bold challenge, enigmatic acceptance. Do we see here the blind Duke, his horse led into the charge? Does Horatious again stand at the bridge? Will a Belisarius meet the barbarians or is the rede of Crassus extant?
Whatever the outcome, it's definitely colorful. Luck to both parties and may Honor prevail over victory.

------------------
Wind fells blossoms, rain
fells steel,yet bamboo bends and drinks

Obake
11-16-2000, 04:52
This is what the game is all about in my mind. Grizzled veterans both; one seeking absolution through questing, the other seeking to finish his career in a blaze of glory. Knowing that win or lose his career will end against an honored opponent who knows him rather than some young up-and-comer who has yet to become part of the ragged tapestry that is online play.

This game that we all play, campaign or online is truly epic in scope and we should match that in our play as ShadowKill and Magyar obviously have. For me it adds to my enjoyment of the game!

------------------

ShaiHulud
11-16-2000, 05:12
Obake...Dah!

------------------
Wind fells blossoms, rain
fells steel,yet bamboo bends and drinks

Magyar Khan
11-16-2000, 07:11
I will be honoured that u choose me to finish your life with my valuable silvertipped whistling arrows.

I bow my friend and hand u the key to my 1st Chest of Scalped Ears. U need your ears, the whistle from the arrow will be the last sound u will hear in your Shogun life.

May the warmth of our friendship guide u to the Shogun afterlife and may the last sparkle ressurrect u in Total War part 2!

As said elsewhere we should appoint -at least- 2 spectators, so the myth will live on, told by many tales when sitting around the campfire!

Kurando
11-16-2000, 07:48
Wow! I am hiding behind my wife's skirt as we speak! Whoever wins I just want to say I respect the hell out of both of you, and I wish I could be more like you, but to be honest I've never had the bottle for that kind of stuff. In brief: you guys rule!

Obake
11-16-2000, 08:53
Having had some experience in writing a battle report (for those of you who remember) I humbly offer myself up as second to either of you most valiant warriors!

------------------

Erado San
11-16-2000, 16:05
Magyar,

You can keep the horse. Can I keep the Geisha?

Methabaron
11-16-2000, 19:34
Magyar !!!!

Is that AMP you mention also known as FearAMP???

Metha

------------------
"...Violence is the last resort of the incompetent..."

Magyar Khan
11-17-2000, 01:54
Obake, u may watch the games!

Erado, deal!

Metha! in my knowledge yes. But like most of us Amp has several names and several ways. why?

Obake
11-17-2000, 02:19
Magyar-san,

I am honored to be accepted as your Kaishaku for this event. The re-counting of your exploits will become legendary!

Onegaishimasu

11-17-2000, 15:17
please don't make me answer that part about several names...

------------------
the great lord http://www.geocities.com/vinyljock/monn_t.gif jd

Obake
12-02-2000, 00:40
Magyar posted over at the Fearful Ways forum that he is ready to fight with Shadowkill. I am also responding to him here as I have been asked to serve as his Kaishaku (second) in observing the battle!

Just let me know when the battle will occur Magyar and I'll be there! I would also ask that both you and Shadowkill take screenshots of your Order of Battle (F1 then take the shot) and E-mail them to me. I want to really do this battle report right!

------------------
FearObake http://members.tripod.com/smilecwm/cgi-bin/s/net8/laghost.gif
I am the ghost of your fears.
Got a compliment or concern about a Fearful Ways member? Let us know about it HERE (http://pub24.ezboard.com/bfearfulways)

Magyar Khan
12-02-2000, 00:58
ok , u mean a screen shot of the whole army i will be using and deployed like i will do it in a game?

Vanya
12-02-2000, 01:22
Get the logfiles too...! Make them available with your report.

Obake
12-02-2000, 03:50
That hadn't been my initial thought Magyar, although that would be great as well. What I was asking for was the Army list with unit leader names that pops up if you hit the F1 key. I wanted that so I could refer to individual units by name as I describe the battle. As I said, I intend to truly turn this battle into the stuff of legend within the community!

Magyar Khan
12-02-2000, 10:29
luckily we didnt play tonight, i have my period. i lost several battles and even thos ei should have won. i even lost a game where in my logfile the game was won by me, just like the battle, but i lost on the vic screen and the server! that was weird. and i lost to blaze when the killratio was 2:1 in favour of me. strange night.
so on a night like this i could even have won against my son...

leoknite
12-02-2000, 14:04
HEY shadow why not on yur third match have an equal ground map like flatdemo or the green map.

ShadowKill
12-02-2000, 15:31
well I will be on this weekend for the fight i think you said Sunday but anytime is good for me.

ShadowKill
12-04-2000, 01:37
we need you obake we are both here it is 1:42pm ET -5 gmt

Obake
12-04-2000, 11:25
I was able to join Shadowkill and Magyar for Shadow's grand finale. I was invited to observe in order to write the battle report. My thought was to wait until I had it done before I posted it, but I will give you all a taste by providing you the introduction I have written.

The battle report itself will include screen shots (unlike the last one for those of you who remember). I will post the introduction on a separate thread!

------------------
FearObake http://members.tripod.com/smilecwm/cgi-bin/s/net8/laghost.gif
I am the ghost of your fears.
Got a compliment or concern about a Fearful Ways member? Let us know about it HERE (http://pub24.ezboard.com/bfearfulways)