PDA

View Full Version : Creative Assembly has anyone worked out the numbers in SetStartLeader?

barocca
09-21-2002, 16:11
SetStartLeader:: FN_PAPIST 0 2 1 8 20 2 1 2 7
SetStartLeader:: FN_SICILIAN 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
SetStartLeader:: FN_DANISH 0 2 3 1 1 2 0 1 0
SetStartLeader:: FN_ARAGONESE 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0
SetStartLeader:: FN_BURGUNDIAN 1 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0

???
I have tried setting them all to zero's, five's and sixes with little difference,

one virture was dropped bewteen 5 and 0,
and one of the numbers is the enumerator of the king (ie Henvy 5)

but i don't which numbers do what!

GilJaysmith
09-23-2002, 21:43
After a quick look at the code, it seems the first number is an index into a table (hardcoded) of heroic kings, and the other eight are counters for the eight kingly names for that faction (also hardcoded). For example, that Papist data suggests that the Pope names will get these numbers: Nicholas III, Alexander II, Benedict IX, John XXI, Urban III, Innocent II, Clement III, and Gregory VIII.

All possibly plus or minus one http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

My loyal etc may be able to provide you with more information... rofl

Gil ~ CA

USMCNJ
09-24-2002, 04:13
i was playing around with this and one of the mid numbers is responsible for the start off V & V

barocca
11-17-2002, 12:36
any further information?
anyone?

PatrickNeil
11-21-2002, 03:36
Actually, Gil pretty much sums it up. I checked this out today, and, yes, it just changes the heroic kings, and the kings name. Basically The reason people claim it determines the starting vice and virtues is because that king is hardcoded with these vices and virtures. The first number is if the initial king is a hero, and is offten 0 because no faction starts with a hero. Burgundy's first number is a 1 because they do have a heroic rebel who founds the faction. The second number (don't mistake it for the first, the first is right next to the faction name) determines, as Gil said, the numbers of the factions. You may notice that the pope has the most wild numbers, and never, save for the first number, has a 0. This is because popes almost always took the name of a previous pope, so that there would never be a Peter 1, since Peter the 1st (St. Peter) was the first pope in 70 or so.

The only experimenting that can really be done her is with the first number, since these are hard coded. One could track what number produces what hero for what faction. Or find the name in "names.txt" and edit them like that. At least with the Mongol Horde's number, it must also point to his unique portrait, and this could be investigated as well, but I don't think these much to worry about here.

Patrick

Hope that explains it.

Frederick Barbarossa
12-14-2003, 22:49
Quote[/b] (barocca @ Sep. 21 2002,10:11)]SetStartLeader:: FN_PAPIST 0 2 1 8 20 2 1 2 7
SetStartLeader:: FN_SICILIAN 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
SetStartLeader:: FN_DANISH 0 2 3 1 1 2 0 1 0
SetStartLeader:: FN_ARAGONESE 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0
SetStartLeader:: FN_BURGUNDIAN 1 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0

???
I have tried setting them all to zero's, five's and sixes with little difference,

one virture was dropped bewteen 5 and 0,
and one of the numbers is the enumerator of the king (ie Henvy 5)

but i don't which numbers do what
Yes. And NONE of them are hardcoded, including the Starting King You can edit him, all other Famous Kings, and all Heroes:

http://www.totalwar.org/cgi-bin....tleader (http://www.totalwar.org/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=15;t=13506;hl=setstartleader)

Lord Of Storms
12-15-2003, 01:38
Quote[/b] (GilJaysmith @ Sep. 23 2002,15:43)]After a quick look at the code, it seems the first number is an index into a table (hardcoded) of heroic kings, and the other eight are counters for the eight kingly names for that faction (also hardcoded). For example, that Papist data suggests that the Pope names will get these numbers: Nicholas III, Alexander II, Benedict IX, John XXI, Urban III, Innocent II, Clement III, and Gregory VIII.

Gil ~ CA
This is direct information from CA or Creative assembly the games developers, so are you saying they are incorrect, clarify for me please, or am I missing something here? I am one who is always willing to learn something new, but I would hate to think Gil didnt know what coded or not in a game he helped develop...LOS

Frederick Barbarossa
12-15-2003, 02:23
Quote[/b] (Lord Of Storms @ Dec. 14 2003,18:38)]
Quote[/b] (GilJaysmith @ Sep. 23 2002,15:43)]After a quick look at the code, it seems the first number is an index into a table (hardcoded) of heroic kings, and the other eight are counters for the eight kingly names for that faction (also hardcoded). For example, that Papist data suggests that the Pope names will get these numbers: Nicholas III, Alexander II, Benedict IX, John XXI, Urban III, Innocent II, Clement III, and Gregory VIII.

Gil ~ CA
This is direct information from CA or Creative assembly the games developers, so are you saying they are incorrect, clarify for me please, or am I missing something here? I am one who is always willing to learn something new, but I would hate to think Gil didnt know what coded or not in a game he helped develop...LOS
Here's what I meant: First # is indeed index to Famous Kings table. But write down the entry for the 3rd King in your FK list; then change this 1st # to 2 (since it starts at 0 instead of 1), start the game, and there he is. So all I meant is while he's correct its the index to that table, you can change which King it refers to (and since he never claimed you couldnt, Im not really contradicting him). So I assumed that if I can change it, its not exactly "hard-coded".

The reason his virtues and vices change is because King 0 has different v&v than King 2. It just appears that what youve done by changing this number is change his v&v; but whats really happened is youve picked a different starting King who happens to have different v&v.

Regardless, like I said in Entrance Hall thread, I didnt mean to offend anyone. I struggled through all of this by doing a forum search for pertinent threads, reading each, trying them, and searching again. At no time did your Repository thread come back in the search, so I was under the impression that most of this still had not been worked out. Believe it or not, I was actually trying to help. Im sorry if it didnt come out that way.

Lord Of Storms
12-15-2003, 17:59
I understand you were trying to help mate, no worries there, just a tad overzealous maybe is alland I understand your excitement as a modder myself, let us put this behind and test your theory a bit more and see what the story is ok?... Happy Holidays...LOS http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/santa.gif

Puzz3D
12-15-2003, 21:50
Quote[/b] (Lord Of Storms @ Dec. 14 2003,18:38)]

Gil ~ CA
Look at the date of GilJaysmith's post: Sept 23, 2002. We were still using mtw v1.0 at that time. I think info relating to an earlier version of the game can be inaccurate with regard to a later version. Since vi is not a free upgrade and mtw v1.1 is still being used, I think it would avoid confusion if posters stated which version of the game they are talking about.

Lord Of Storms
12-16-2003, 16:54
That was my point to FB as well alot of the posts he went back and responded to about the Heores file predate VI and in those versions of MTW the Heores file did not exist, so the info didnt apply...LOS