PDA

View Full Version : Modding Starting Faction Leaders

Galestrum
03-19-2003, 02:24
Hey all,

I read in a prior post that someone said the knew what the number in the faction leader setup in the .startpos meant, but they didnt explain/define them. Has anyone posted what they all mean?

SetStartLeader:: FN_BYZANTINE 0 0 4 7 1 3 10 1 0

and what about the add hier?

AddHeir:: FN_BYZANTINE 1 12
AddHeir:: FN_BYZANTINE 0 9
AddHeir:: FN_BYZANTINE 1 6

I have yet to see anyone explain these out very well, any help would be great.

Furthermore, how can we change the initial virtues/vices they start with, is it possible?

Also can we add new heros?

For instance, Bohemund of Sicily, son of Robert Guiscard, major nemesis of Alexius Comnenus, military leader of the 1st crusade and Prince of Antioch is not in the game as far as i can tell, and he like others i would like to add. Can i do this? How?

thx

http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

alman9898
03-19-2003, 05:21
the add heir line is easy. the 0 and 1 represent male and female (dont remember which is which) and the second number is the age. dont know bout the setstartleader though. try adding an heir and see if it shows up in a few years.

pdoan8
03-19-2003, 05:58
Quote[/b] (Galestrum @ Mar. 18 2003,19:24)]

I read in a prior post that someone said the knew what the number in the faction leader setup in the .startpos meant, but they didnt explain/define them. Has anyone posted what they all mean?

:

The string of numbers after the SetStartLeader is still a mystery for me. Only 2 things that I've discovered:

a) Changing the first number will usually give you a different Leader (name and stats) to start with. I think "0" (zero) is default.
b) Among the remaining numbers, there is one responsible for the Roman number after the King's name. With each different number you selected in the first position, the location for the Roman number indicator may change. If this Roman number indicator is "0" (zero), you might get a weird King name (ie Olaf ##noromannumber)

Changing other number doesn't seem to effect anything.

Quote[/b] (Galestrum @ Mar. 18 2003,19:24)]

:

The first number is gender indicator: 1 = male, 0 = female (don't give "0" to Muslim factions, they don't have princess).

The second number is age.

Even though I haven't try but I think the number for age should be from 0 to 15. And I am not sure if I can have more than 3 initial children.

That's all I know. I wish that someone could explain the numbers in SetStartLeader line in more details.

Lord Of Storms
03-19-2003, 17:11
Some of the setstartleader stats are hardcoded as is hero related data I have modded the Swiss leaders stats and the only thing I have managed to change is his name and if he is a IV OR V etc.. I am currently testing this but it is confusing for Instance the Danish leader starts with SetStartLeader:: FN_DANISH 0 2 3 1 1 2 0 1 0 and his stats read as 5 influence 3 pity ,4 dread, 4 command, 4 accumen, Fine leader virtue and age 53.. more later...

Lord Of Storms
03-19-2003, 19:19
The stats for the initial faction leaders are generated by thegame and I don't think they can be changed, I think the first number affects who you get, the rest of the numbers are to specify the serial numbers of the names used for that faction's leaders.i.e. how many Henrys or Urbans or Innocents, Unfortunately those numbers are fixed in the EXE so you can't do alot with it except play around and see what happens. Experimentation will give you answers , just back up any file before changing it...

Galestrum
03-20-2003, 01:58
i tried messing with the latter numbers in the faction leader and nothing changed http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/dizzy.gif

but the add heir is correct

Frederick Barbarossa
12-14-2003, 22:43
Quote[/b] (Galestrum @ Mar. 18 2003,19:24)]Hey all,

I have yet to see anyone explain these out very well, any help would be great.

Furthermore, how can we change the initial virtues/vices they start with, is it possible?

Also can we add new heros?

For instance, Bohemund of Sicily, son of Robert Guiscard, major nemesis of Alexius Comnenus, military leader of the 1st crusade and Prince of Antioch is not in the game as far as i can tell, and he like others i would like to add. Can i do this? How?

thx

http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif http://www.totalwar.org/forum/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif
You can edit everything as long as you know which # corresponds to which stat:

http://www.totalwar.org/cgi-bin....tleader (http://www.totalwar.org/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=15;t=13506;hl=setstartleader)

The only things I havent figured out are how to change starting King's marital status or age (can you please share that one, LOS?)

Zhuge_Liang
12-30-2003, 14:34
I saw atributes on your king depends on the faction, I have seen that polands have a nice king because he is an excelent warrior while factions as spanish or swiss have bonus on defence, I have seen the atributes of poland's king cant be given to any other king but yes on a diferent poland king
you can get the figther poland king on the late poland campaign
I would wanna know how can I get a king who never die illness or how can any officer became a famous figther because that is very cool

Plantagenet
12-31-2003, 17:39
Quote[/b] (Zhuge_Liang @ Dec. 30 2003,07:34)]I saw atributes on your king depends on the faction, I have seen that polands have a nice king because he is an excelent warrior while factions as spanish or swiss have bonus on defence, I have seen the atributes of poland's king cant be given to any other king but yes on a diferent poland king
you can get the figther poland king on the late poland campaign
I would wanna know how can I get a king who never die illness or how can any officer became a famous figther because that is very cool
I have no idea how to "get a king who never dies of illness". But you can edit your Kings' stats & v&v regardless of faction, just do a forum search and you'll find the threads that tell you how.

I dont think you can make a pre-existing random general a Hero, but you can add/edit your faction's Heroes, if thats what you mean. Find your faction's entry in default_heroes.txt; the # on the first line is how many heroes are in your list, so change accordingly if you add/subtract any.

1st 2 columns are "Forename" & "Surname". You can name them anything, but you have to make sure the names you use are also in the right "names" list (ask LOS which list and where it is).

3rd column is date on which hero is available. From what Ive read here (LOS again), he'll actually appear c. 20 years after this date.

Now his stats:
4th column = Command
5th column = Dread
6th column = Piety
7th column = Acumen
8th column = Loyalty

9th column is Virtues & Vices. Someone's posted exactly where to get the correct tags for each v or v. Just put that tag here.

Next column is Unit Type. Make him whatever unit type you want (list of valid types is also somewhere in forum). He'll appear when you build this unit type c.20 years after his start date.

Next column is Region. This is where he'll appear.

Next column is Portrait. IIRC, LOS found that the portraits you use have to be in a certain folder. Ask him which.

Last column is "Comment". Not used in-game as far as I can tell. Just here to let you know who this hero was historically?

WesW
01-03-2004, 19:24
Anyone have any heroes, or have an interest in researching new heroes, for use in the Medmod? I looked through the file again this morning, and was struck by the lack of research done on the Eastern European countries. The Poles, Hungarians, Russians and minor factions like the Burgundians and Swiss only had one or two heroes. You could find more than this just by reading general encyclopedia entries.

Also, I haven't figured out what the first number in the SetStartKing list is yet. I tried setting the Byzantine king in Early from 0 to 1, and it screwed up the numerical designation in his name. It named him Manuel, as it should have, but I got an undefined rom_numeral where it should have stated if he was the first Manuel or the second or so-forth. As tired as I am, I'm probably over-looking something.

Oh, if anyone has BKB's default_heroes text, I need it.

I also forgot to save mine when I reformatted my hard disk, and I lost the Muslim princess names I had set up. The names are still in the names.txt, but I weaved them into the alphabetical list, and I don't know which are Arab and which are Turkish. I'll sort them out and post them here later, and hopefully one of the Muslim posters will see them and help me out.

Cid
01-10-2004, 03:07
Just been able to find the time to get back to the game which is still the best out tere imho. I've been playing using MM which I think dramatically improves the game and Wes, you read my mind with the above post.

What motivated me to learn how to create Heros (and this thread taught me) was my playing the Polish faction for the 1st time. CA must like Polish jokes eg, "How many Polish Heirs does it take to change a light bulb?" etc. because I've yet to get a General with more than command 2, not to mention the parade of chinless, drunken, mouth breathing Heirs. The Poles have ONE (1) "Hero" and he's a Bishop Too bad because they're quickly becoming my favorite faction with their mix of western/steppe troop types and their difficult position. But this needless and historically innacurate handicap makes playing them tedious...and my Polish grandmother (Krakow) would be insulted

Anyway, Plantagenet's post which was extremely helpful says that you can specify location and troop type. I've tried this but can only find the option for General, Bishop etc. but can see no way to specify unit type. Also, all existing heros locations are listed as "Limbo". I tried specifying "Poland" but when he made his appearence he showed up in Silesia as a Woodsman Kind of a waste of 7 star command, 7 accumen "Mighty Warrior".

Any help would be appreciated and thanks